Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:09 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supermarket Pet Hates...

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Exactly! And in a country where they try to serve tap cider with ice! <<<shivers>>>

S
That's only happened to me once, down in Chermside Gilhoolies. I ordered two pints of cider & she half filled the first glass with ice & poured cider over the top. She seemed quite offended when I refused it before she'd even finished the pour. Talk about a profit maker $8.50 for a pint of Bulmers & the glass is 50% filled with ice. I can't see how it's legal to charge for a pint yet fill the glass with ice. Now if they served a quart jug of cider with a glasses of ice I'd have no problem at all.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
That's only happened to me once, down in Chermside Gilhoolies. I ordered two pints of cider & she half filled the first glass with ice & poured cider over the top. She seemed quite offended when I refused it before she'd even finished the pour. Talk about a profit maker $8.50 for a pint of Bulmers & the glass is 50% filled with ice. I can't see how it's legal to charge for a pint yet fill the glass with ice. Now if they served a quart jug of cider with a glasses of ice I'd have no problem at all.
I reckon you might have a point about the legality of the ice - consumer affairs might be interested.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseR
I ordered a shot of sambuca in a bar and got ice in it
It's probably cause you're one hot ladeee.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:11 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Ice? In Red Wine? Jeez. I thought the US was the only place that chilled Red wine...

S
I have been known to do that. But in my defence it ain't half bloody
hot here mum!!
Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:41 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I LOVE beetroot.

Sorry Polly LOL!

One of my faves from the milk bar is a steak sandwich with beetroot and a fried egg. Delicious.

Wow now that is my heaven where is it? I will so have to try it in 78 days
Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:44 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Nope, cucumber.
i so agree I am allergic to it I cant even have the same knife used it should be burned at birth or forced to dissappear like dinosars
Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
It's probably cause you're one hot ladeee. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...ons/icon10.gif
Yeah I'm sure that's the reason!!
Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:51 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

My pet hate in supermarket :

1) offers no longer there

2) items moved to somewhere in to outer space and you spend 3 weeks trying to find everything.

3) SCREAMING kids ( I must admit mine have done this till we gagged them hehehe)

4) smelly of wee people. I mean come on peeps how hard is it to wash? hmmm I know its scary like but really I dont need to smell it on you and please please use a toilet next time not your trouser leg OK!

rant over hehehe
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:37 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by bcworld
Wine!? Actually I do know peeps in Redlands Bay who put ice in their red wine! Maybe it's a Redlands thing...
Its actually a world wide thing...

eg: Go to Spain and have a Tinto de Verano, Red wine served over ice, sometimes with a slice of lemon.

Pretty Common in Miami, USA too...

Not as common in the colder countries though...

Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:40 am
ABCDiamond

Ice? In Red Wine? Jeez. I thought the US was the only place that chilled Red wine...

S
From a French Wine Guide....
It is sometimes recommended to slightly chill light red wine : Beaujolais and Loire Valley red wines such as Chinon, Bourgueil and red Sancerre.

and.... http://www.redwine.co.uk/articles/do...lled-red-wine/

Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:47 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Its actually a world wide thing...

eg: Go to Spain and have a Tinto de Verano, Red wine served over ice, sometimes with a slice of lemon.

Pretty Common in Miami, USA too...

Not as common in the colder countries though...
Someone's been googling...so tell me more about this popularity in Miami.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Two pints of Cider and a glass of ice, is a common request in pubs here. Quite right to refuse it.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:51 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Two pints of Cider and a glass of ice, is a common request in pubs here. Quite right to refuse it.
TWO pints,you found a friend ???
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
TWO pints,you found a friend ???
Amazingly yes and they drink Cider !

Actually it's cos I cant be bothered queuing up at the bar... so I get myself 2 pints in a row

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Feb 1st 2011 at 11:00 am.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:58 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Amazingly yes and they drink Cider !
I hope you can carry THREE pints,i like cider too,WITH ice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.