Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Old Jan 31st 2011, 11:53 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supermarket Pet Hates...

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
But ice with all drinks is normal ...

You have ice in your tap beer?

S
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:19 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Exactly! And in a country where they try to serve tap cider with ice! <<<shivers>>>

S
A barman in NZ tried that with me recently. I was astounded when he told me that a lot of people have ice in their cider!
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:34 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
A barman in NZ tried that with me recently. I was astounded when he told me that a lot of people have ice in their cider!

Yeah, we get that all the time here in Sydney. Ice in a pint of cider means less room for cider! It's not a McDonalds!

S
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I find that cucumber mostly tastes of water...and have not noticed any drastic tainting.

I like it though.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:38 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

You have ice in your tap beer?

S
In any beer. Anyone trying to put ice in beer should be taken outside and executed.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:45 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
But ice with all drinks is normal ...
Wine!? Actually I do know peeps in Redlands Bay who put ice in their red wine! Maybe it's a Redlands thing...
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:46 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by bcworld
Wine!? Actually I do know peeps in Redlands Bay who put ice in their red wine! Maybe it's a Redlands thing...

Ice? In Red Wine? Jeez. I thought the US was the only place that chilled Red wine...

S
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, we get that all the time here in Sydney. Ice in a pint of cider means less room for cider! It's not a McDonalds!

S
On the rare occasion I order a soft drink from Maccas - I return it if I get ice. I want drink, not ice. And more often that not, the buggers, if left to their own devices will scoop it in with a JCB and when it melts you get watery coke. If I've chosen coke, I want coke.

Ice in a G&T is OK.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ice? In Red Wine? Jeez. I thought the US was the only place that chilled Red wine...

S
Heathens...now this thread is moving on to Pet Food ..hates...
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

PPhuck tradition this is Aus.... as in all New World Countries, drink it as you enjoy.

Imagine Sangria without Ice LOL.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:58 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
On the rare occasion I order a soft drink from Maccas - I return it if I get ice. I want drink, not ice. And more often that not, the buggers, if left to their own devices will scoop it in with a JCB and when it melts you get watery coke. If I've chosen coke, I want coke.

Ice in a G&T is OK.

My GF can't drink anything with ice in it, as she has insanely sensitive teeth. The number of drinks we have to either return, or more often than not scoop the ice out of and leave on the bar, is huge.

You would think that Bourbon and coke with no ice would be hard to frack up, but then you would probably be wrong...

S
Old Feb 1st 2011, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My GF can't drink anything with ice in it, as she has insanely sensitive teeth. The number of drinks we have to either return, or more often than not scoop the ice out of and leave on the bar, is huge.

You would think that Bourbon and coke with no ice would be hard to frack up, but then you would probably be wrong...

S
To be fair, those poor staff are probably on auto-pilot - if most people get ice, and ice is what they are trained on, it would be hard to get out of habit. A disconnect between what they heard and what they did.

When they scoop the ice, they measure it by the sound....as long as they can hear it they've got it.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

S
I ordered a shot of sambuca in a bar and got ice in it
Old Feb 1st 2011, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseR
I ordered a shot of sambuca in a bar and got ice in it
please dont tell me they tried to flame it
Old Feb 1st 2011, 2:53 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

S
Probably a stupid question but has she tried Sensodine toothpaste? It remedies tooth sensitivity after just a week or two of use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.