Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Old Jan 31st 2011, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supermarket Pet Hates...

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Noooo, that's beetroot
I was amazed to find beetroot on hamburgers you get in snack bars over here.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:07 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
I LOVE beetroot.

Sorry Polly LOL!

One of my faves from the milk bar is a steak sandwich with beetroot and a fried egg. Delicious.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:19 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it's an Aussie eccentricity apparently
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:23 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sometimes you're a heathen Mr Barfly, mushrooms are the food of the Gods
Nope that's beetroot juice fresh from the fridge
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:28 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
You'll get used to it along with lots of other Aussie eccentricities.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Nope that's beetroot juice fresh from the fridge
Not something you will EVER find in my fridge,I can promise you that
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
You'll get used to it along with lots of other Aussie eccentricities.
It's much better than a dried bun with no butter on and a piece of leather slapped in the middle, devoid of any veg or sauce - AKA the UK hamburger.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:58 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

It's much better than a dried bun with no butter on and a piece of leather slapped in the middle, devoid of any veg or sauce - AKA the UK hamburger.
Where did you get your burgers?

I used to enjoy the Sunday market style big burger inside a big bun with lashings of fried onions, tomato sauce a a bit of mustard <droooldroooldroool>
Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking the same.

One of the first meals I had here was in the local club and I fancied a 'snack' and so ordered a burger, something relatively small I thought.

Good God Almighty... it was huge, and about four inches thick. I had to pull the thing to bits to eat it.... and it was then I discovered the love of beetroot on burgers.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I was thinking the same.

One of the first meals I had here was in the local club and I fancied a 'snack' and so ordered a burger, something relatively small I thought.

Good God Almighty... it was huge, and about four inches thick. I had to pull the thing to bits to eat it.... and it was then I discovered the love of beetroot on burgers.
It certainly beats the Aussie hot dog - in a slice of bread
Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:26 pm
Home Sweet Home

You must shop at Bunnings then.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:30 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

He lives n Canberra
Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:35 pm
Banned

Yes, I confess to shopping at Bunnings, I average about once a week. It's difficult not to in Australia .

The most recent place where I noticed the triangular hot dogs being sold was at the Australia Day celebrations in the Commonwealth Park last week.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sausage sizzle - not hot dog.

It's amazing you can't get buns at bunnings. They sell everything else!

I'm guilty too!

I used to enjoy the Sunday market style big burger inside a big bun with lashings of fried onions, tomato sauce a a bit of mustard <droooldroooldroool>
Food vans in Brighton.

I have had burgers in pubs which are an improvement and had some good ones too!

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I was thinking the same.

I like beetroot, just never had it on burgers before. Sometimes I eat it, sometimes I take it out.

Last edited by Alfresco; Jan 31st 2011 at 10:01 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 10:09 pm
ABCDiamond

It isn't actually an eccentricity, it is a 'normality' in Australia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.