Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Old Jan 30th 2011, 3:03 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Supermarket Pet Hates...

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Just been to the green grocers, next to the sign 'WE DO NOT SELL CHINESE APPLES' were some pink lady's, $9.99kg FFS get the damn china ones in!!!!!!!!!!!. And I live in the apple growing region.
The reason for not getting in the Chinese (and other countries) ones, is to help the Australian farmers, by giving them a higher price to get over the problems at the moment.

I just hope that is where the extra money ends up.

Old Jan 30th 2011, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
The reason for not getting in the Chinese (and other countries) ones, is to help the Australian farmers, by giving them a higher price to get over the problems at the moment.

I feel like Im helping australian farmers by buying their reject fruit n veg.. One s the supermarkets dont like coz they dont fit their standard size packagings... And buying direct when there are surplaces.... Rather than paying coles n woolies for their plastic..
Old Jan 30th 2011, 3:13 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
I used to do a lot of travel arrangements at work and found that Aussies just couldn't cope with the 24 hr clock. I still use it for setting up meetings as well, and I have found that they don't quite get it. Perhaps I've been working with the wrong type of people!
You shouldn't dumb it down for them LOL!!
Old Jan 30th 2011, 3:17 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
fenton, Darling Boy, you have to be an early bird to catch those loss leading worms... YOU LAZY BUGGER GET UP EARLIER...

Ps.. For those that dont live in perf... Anything after 0900 here is practically bed time for the locals...
I know Eds. I should make more of an effort to assimilate. Bed at 1930 and up at 0400
Old Jan 30th 2011, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
I know Eds. I should make more of an effort to assimilate. Bed at 1930 and up at 0400
i suppose it depends on whether you get lucky or not mate...

Personally I HATE having to get up at 0400 so the parents dont catch me !!!
Old Jan 30th 2011, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
Bed at 1930 and up at 0400
So it takes you eight hours to get it up ?
Old Jan 30th 2011, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hino
So it takes you eight hours to get it up ?
I remember it taking 8 hours to go down......
Old Jan 30th 2011, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

They are grown on the hillsides near my house, they've had no problems at all. Just ripping us off. But is it the shops or suppliers?
Old Jan 30th 2011, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They are grown on the hillsides near my house, they've had no problems at all. Just ripping us off. But is it the shops or suppliers?
I reckon its the government, but then I was always into conspiracy theories...
Old Jan 30th 2011, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Apple mafia? A lot of the orchard owners are Italian.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Family here in perf has many interests....

but I dont remember apples at the last meeting...

pears and mangoes YES, but not apples...
Old Jan 30th 2011, 6:13 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

There seem to be radio adverts at the moment asking shoppers to 'go easy on farmers' to show their support by buying lower quality fruit and veg which won't look good but will taste the same.... Considering half a cauliflower is currently about $4 and a manky iceberg lettuce $5 I have dug deep but am unable to find much empathy and just wish we could get some affordable imported vegetables from Asia. Sorry Farmers.....
Old Jan 30th 2011, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
i must also live in the same parallel universe mate
Here, people joke about it and an apology is given... it seems the onus is on the new arrival to act in such a way so that there is no confusion or misunderstanding. What I do is point out the expense of the item which is about to topple over the barrier - this smooths the way in case there is an issue...

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Genius!

I like to do this too - I hope we never encounter each other in the supermarket our there may be some sort of complete meltdown...
I get mileage from going against the grain and using initiative - sheeplike people are annoying but I am not so sure why being difficult can help other people. I sometimes wonder if disgruntled people could make their lives a lot worse if they followed your example. A vicious circle could ensue.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
There seem to be radio adverts at the moment asking shoppers to 'go easy on farmers' to show their support by buying lower quality fruit and veg which won't look good but will taste the same.... Considering half a cauliflower is currently about $4 and a manky iceberg lettuce $5 I have dug deep but am unable to find much empathy and just wish we could get some affordable imported vegetables from Asia. Sorry Farmers.....

I have dealings with woolies and through an internal memo found out that all the stores in Qld have a good supply of perfect fruit because the growing (and harvesting) season is over. They are trying to get you to buy stuff that they would normally throw away.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:14 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

I have dealings with woolies and through an internal memo found out that all the stores in Qld have a good supply of perfect fruit because the growing (and harvesting) season is over. They are trying to get you to buy stuff that they would normally throw away.
added to this mate they have 9 months supply prior to the floods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.