Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Supermarket bag packing!

Supermarket bag packing!

Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Supermarket bag packing!

Following on from the Little Things thread where there seems to be a common irritation with checkout people packing your bags, I wondered if this was really a widespread feeling, who likes it & if it is only the Brits that don't like it?

OK, was trying to add a poll but it didn't take me to the page!

Last edited by Sally Simpson; Mar 6th 2010 at 10:29 am. Reason: Didn't get to add poll!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Supermarket bag packing!

Really? People have a problem with it? why?
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
Following on from the Little Things thread where there seems to be a common irritation with checkout people packing your bags, I wondered if this was really a widespread feeling, who likes it & if it is only the Brits that don't like it?

Hate it - the process is far too slow I want to pack my own bags and get the **** outa there tbh - and I don't want to be asked how my day is either
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I've no problem with them packing my bags.

Funny thing is that when I went back to the UK, I shoved all the reusable bags on top of the shopping. The girl just took them off and put them on the end of the till. It took a few seconds to realise that they don't pack them in the UK.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:34 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Hate it - the process is far too slow I want to pack my own bags and get the **** outa there tbh - and I don't want to be asked how my day is either
Add to that the fact that some can't pack a bag properly ie put crushable or eggs under heavier items.........
...... or only 1/2 fill a bag. 9 times out of 10, I have to repack them......
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

I cannot think of anything that does not in some way irritate the British. Lets face it, we are pretty crap at most things, but moaning, no nation can hold a candle to us.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:36 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think I have been to any other country that does this. My personal reasons is it just takes too long and they only put 2 items in each bag to me that is just a huge waste and it's not very "green". Which leads me to another whine, they try and make you buy those reusable bags that they sell for a profit. I think Coles and Wollies should lead the way and provide the customers with biodegradble bags.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:39 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelli28
I dont think I have been to any other country that does this. My personal reasons is it just takes too long and they only put 2 items in each bag to me that is just a huge waste and it's not very "green". Which leads me to another whine, they try and make you buy those reusable bags that they sell for a profit. I think Coles and Wollies should lead the way and provide the customers with biodegradble bags.
...and then they stop and talk to their pals and don't make any attempt to hurry the hell up
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

And it would have to be one of the weirdest whinges I've ever heard on here (and I've heard plenty). Don't understand why anyone would object to someone else packing their bags. The poor checkout chicks mostly do a good job; they smile, they say hello, they scan your stuff, pack it quickly and efficiently - and what's more - they do it all standing up.

Some people must be really desperate to complain about something....
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Generally I don't mind it but I do think about what I am unpacking from the shopping trolley onto the conveyor to help them do it how I want.
The other day though, I had all my cold/frozen stuff together & the girl started packing all the bottles into the cool bag, I was struggling not to be mean!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by NickyC
And it would have to be one of the weirdest whinges I've ever heard on here (and I've heard plenty). Don't understand why anyone would object to someone else packing their bags. The poor checkout chicks mostly do a good job; they smile, they say hello, they scan your stuff, pack it quickly and efficiently - and what's more - they do it all standing up.

Some people must be really desperate to complain about something....
Aye, desperate to get the **** out quickly.

They don't pack your bags quickly and efficiently here
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:42 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
...and then they stop and talk to their pals and don't make any attempt to hurry the hell up
arrggg thats the worst, by the time I get served and they ask me if I have had a good day I want to break eggs over the top of their heads!!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Santa
I cannot think of anything that does not in some way irritate the British. Lets face it, we are pretty crap at most things, but moaning, no nation can hold a candle to us.
We train good nurses!

Aussies whinge plenty too!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:47 am

We train good nurses!

Aussies whinge plenty too!
Yeah you wanna hear all the Aussies whinging in aldi about having to pack thier own shopping
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Are you saying the person at the till does the packing too and not a dedicated packer at the end of the till, hence it's slow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.