Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Superb Lyrebird of South Australia

Wikiposts

The Superb Lyrebird of South Australia

Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:27 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Superb Lyrebird of South Australia

Lyrebird

for the few cultured readers on this forum.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Superb Lyrebird of South Australia

Originally Posted by furkew
Lyrebird

They are just the most amazing creatures aren't they. I was watching a programme about them last week.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:37 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: The Superb Lyrebird of South Australia

AFAIK, it's the only bird in the world which is capable of mimicking the calls of other birds.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
AFAIK, it's the only bird in the world which is capable of mimicking the calls of other birds.

is that the bird that can mimic a camera shutter and car alarm? As i saw a bird do the on life of birds recently.
Mandy
Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:54 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
is that the bird that can mimic a camera shutter and car alarm? As i saw a bird do the on life of birds recently.

Mandy
Yep - and the video clip looks like it was taken from The Life of Birds.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - and the video clip looks like it was taken from The Life of Birds.

Unfortunatly my pc would not let me open the clip . Thanks Vash
Mandy
Old Jun 6th 2006, 9:26 am
Fighting my corner

Unfortunatly my pc would not let me open the clip . Thanks Vash

Mandy
Bit of a shame. But if you've seen it before, I'm sure you already know how amazing it was.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 9:38 am
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunatly my pc would not let me open the clip .
Mandy

Nor me
Old Jun 6th 2006, 9:47 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
Nor me

I couldn't open it either
Old Jun 6th 2006, 6:42 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

The common starling can also do that.

G
Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:14 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

We have a lyrebird down the back here.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
Lyrebird

Opened the clip, no problems. Absolutely fantastic! Loved the kookaburra and camera noises!
Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

The car alarm was great and the camera shutter! Amazing bird
Old Jun 7th 2006, 3:39 am
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pootle
Opened the clip, no problems. Absolutely fantastic! Loved the kookaburra and camera noises!
Opened it at last - -- fantastic!!!

xRachx
Old Jun 7th 2006, 6:24 am
Fighting my corner

Smile Re: The Superb Lyrebird of South Australia

Originally Posted by Grayling
The common starling can also do that.

G
Well, well. Just as well I said AFAIK then, isn't it? You learn something new every day. Thanks G.

But does it do chainsaws as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.