Summer spa fun

Old Jan 3rd 2012, 9:10 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Summer spa fun

Decided to crack open the spa and clean it out for the summer. Gave it the full treatment this time, including a few cups of front loader washing powder.

Results were impressive!

Took a couple of days to get it all flushed out of the system.

Had some fun with Pup today:

Old Jan 3rd 2012, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Summer spa fun

In the top two photos is your wife underneath the suds.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 12:49 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

wouldn't the top loader washing powder ruin it mate?

Pup is the spitting image of you - bet she had a great time too
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 1:33 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Summer spa fun

Originally Posted by irishbloo
In the top two photos is your wife underneath the suds.
No, she was busy taking photos.

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
wouldn't the top loader washing powder ruin it mate?
Not sure if serious?!

Pup is the spitting image of you - bet she had a great time too
Yep.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 2:13 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
.....Not sure if serious?!
yeh I was serious mate Presume you were joking bout the suds right
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 5:06 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Fab photos Vash. The LO is gorgeous I want one....and a hot tub

Your story reminds me of when ROMFT and I were on a romantic holiday to Ireland (perhaps an oxymoron) and had booked into a lovely little guest house on the outskirts of Blarney. T'was a lovely hot tub on a verandah outside, and our room also had a spa bath.

Deciding to be romantic, I put some bubble bath in said spa bath and turned it on.

5 mins later, the bath was overflowing with bubbles, and even once I had switched off the spa, they didn't stop growing There were still bubbles in the bathroom when we left the next day

We gave up on the bath and retired to the hot tub - sans bubble bath
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 8:03 pm
Fighting my corner

yeh I was serious mate Presume you were joking bout the suds right
I wasn't joking; those suds really are from washing powder. But washing powder is nowhere near as caustic as chlorine and it's only running through plastic pipes, so how could it damage anything?

Originally Posted by rasen78
Fab photos Vash. The LO is gorgeous I want one....and a hot tub
Thanks.

We had our honeymoon in the Irish Republic (rented a little chalet by the beach in Kilmuckridge). It had an indoor spa just big enough for two people. Every day we would fill it and soak for a couple of hours before leaving the house.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

We had our honeymoon in the Irish Republic (rented a little chalet by the beach in Kilmuckridge). It had an indoor spa just big enough for two people. Every day we would fill it and soak for a couple of hours before leaving the house.
Hours???? You must have looked like a couple of prunes!!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 8:17 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I could spend all day in a hot tub. It is one of the few places I can completely relax. Keep your baths and spa baths, tis a hot tub for me all the way, followed by a brilliant powershower
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 8:23 pm
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Summer spa fun

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
We did. Hot water was on an electric system, so every now & then I had to climb out of the tub, drip my way to the meter and throw in a handful of wet Euros to keep us warm.

Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:00 am

I wasn't joking; those suds really are from washing powder. But washing powder is nowhere near as caustic as chlorine and it's only running through plastic pipes, so how could it damage anything?
Not sure to be honest mate but I think when we bought our spa the instructions said not to use anything like bubble bath or liquids/soaps so I'm presuming it could buggar it up

we only use spa stuff for that reason but I'd prefer bubbles if we could
Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:25 am
Fighting my corner

As long as it's all drained and flushed properly, I can't see any harm.

Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:50 am

As long as it's all drained and flushed properly, I can't see any harm.

I might try it sometime

Spa's are fab
Old Jan 4th 2012, 9:04 am
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

I might try it sometime

Spa's are fab
Don't, we put washing up liquid in ours, the results were very impressive.
A couple of days later & the pump is screeching like mad, apparently the rubber seals in the impeller had swollen due to the detergent, took a while to fix, so wouldn't risk it again.
Hopefully Vash's spa doesn't suffer the same fate.
Attached Thumbnails Summer spa fun-img_0735.jpg  
Old Jan 4th 2012, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by simnmax
Don't, we put washing up liquid in ours, the results were very impressive.
A couple of days later & the pump is screeching like mad, apparently the rubber seals in the impeller had swollen due to the detergent, took a while to fix, so wouldn't risk it again.
Hopefully Vash's spa doesn't suffer the same fate.
oops..that might be why the instructions said not to

thanks for the heads up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.