Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Streaming video - my experience

Streaming video - my experience

Old Jan 15th 2015, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Streaming video - my experience

Watched Interstellar last week, excellent film! I highly recommend it to anyone thinking of going to the flicks!

Going to watch The Imitation Game tomorrow, looking forward to that, it looks really good and heard lots of good reviews about it.

Still haven't started Broadchurch yet, but I intend too when I get the chance.
Old Jan 15th 2015, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

For you Amazon Prime subscribers, new series Bosch is out on February 13th. Pilot episode is already available. Can't wait for it to kick off. If you're a Michael Connelly fan, you'll feel the same.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 12:07 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
For you Amazon Prime subscribers, new series Bosch is out on February 13th. Pilot episode is already available. Can't wait for it to kick off. If you're a Michael Connelly fan, you'll feel the same.

Is Amazon Prime Geoblocked here?

S
Old Jan 16th 2015, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Is Amazon Prime Geoblocked here?

S
Yeah but I used the same DNS service for Netflix
Old Jan 16th 2015, 1:25 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Watched Interstellar last week, excellent film! I highly recommend it to anyone thinking of going to the flicks!

Going to watch The Imitation Game tomorrow, looking forward to that, it looks really good and heard lots of good reviews about it.

Still haven't started Broadchurch yet, but I intend too when I get the chance.
The imitation game (can't figure out the meaning of that) is a very good film, well acted.

I did find it disturbing how many errors there were in it though. Not goofs, but big liberties with the actuality. I know it's only a film, but such is the power of the media now, it will become truth for everyone in 12 months' time - especially Americans.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 1:33 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
The imitation game (can't figure out the meaning of that) is a very good film, well acted.

I did find it disturbing how many errors there were in it though. Not goofs, but big liberties with the actuality. I know it's only a film, but such is the power of the media now, it will become truth for everyone in 12 months' time - especially Americans.

In the same way that U-571 did?

S
Old Jan 16th 2015, 2:10 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

S
Exactly - that's one of the ones I was thinking of (although I haven't seen it.)

IIRC the clue they needed with Enigma was the fact that the UBoats sent weather reports at specified times. Weather reports follow a set format so they KNEW what some of the letters decrypted to, and some of the others could be guessed if they had RAF weather reports from the same areas. Fascinating detective work - but in the film they just had the "Heil Hitler" quote as the decryption clue - much simpler for the audience but nothing like as intellectually interesting.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 2:12 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Wol
Exactly - that's one of the ones I was thinking of (although I haven't seen it.)

IIRC the clue they needed with Enigma was the fact that the UBoats sent weather reports at specified times. Weather reports follow a set format so they KNEW what some of the letters decrypted to, and some of the others could be guessed if they had RAF weather reports from the same areas. Fascinating detective work - but in the film they just had the "Heil Hitler" quote as the decryption clue - much simpler for the audience but nothing like as intellectually interesting.

Audiences these days like to be spoon fed - I'm surprised that they even went that far...

S
Old Jan 16th 2015, 8:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Will check it out. Watched the pilot of Man in a High Castle on AP last night. It's an alternative history story about an America occupied by Germany and Japan and is set in 1962. It was good and has potential

There are loads of new pilots on AP - it's getting better all the time
Old Jan 16th 2015, 8:47 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

S
Watched Fury last night - the WW2 tank movie starring Brad Pitt. I enjoyed it overall. It was well acted and the filming and action scenes were awesome but the last 30mins are disappointing - a combat-hardened Waffen SS unit would never have been slaughtered like that. The outcome would have been the total opposite

But that's Hollywood
Old Jan 17th 2015, 2:06 am
Proudly Deplorable

Watched the pilot last night

It was good and has potential
Old Jan 17th 2015, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Watched the pilot last night

It was good and has potential
Yeah the original pilot was lacking a bit but the newer version of episode 1 is very good. I love the intro theme as well.
Old Jan 17th 2015, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol

Yeah I agree with you, having now watched it. It was enjoyable and good acting like you said, especially from Matthew Goode, they did miss some facts out and that was a bit disappointing, I was hoping for a more real life version of the story. But never mind, at least the story is still being portrayed as an integral part of the war.

Another thing I noticed which was actually quite interesting, was the crowd it pulled. My cinema complex where I watched it, is an old Art Deco theatre which is now an independent cinema. So it's not a huge building I reckon there was under 70 of us watching it that night and it was my son who said to me, ' mum do you realise I'm the only kid in here?' And I reckon I was the youngest adult at 40. At a good guess, I'd say they were at least all over 50 in there. I don't know why but I was surprised at that.
Old Jan 17th 2015, 11:04 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

UK Sky News Live is now available on Sky News Roku app, much better quality than it was on Nowhere TV before.

Plus iPlayer has removed all the radio stations! However I discovered the Tunein app for Roku which has my favourite shows on it so I don't have to fanny around plugging my laptop into the stereo to listen to BBC radio through the good stereo.
Old Jan 24th 2015, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

I watched 'The Interview'. North Korea were trying to do us a favour by hacking Sony.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.