Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Stimulus Payment explained...

Wikiposts

Stimulus Payment explained...

Old Mar 12th 2009, 6:28 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stimulus Payment explained...

ATO release

Stimulus Payment Information.

“This year, taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format:

Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?
A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?
A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?
A. Only a smidgin.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?
A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set or some such thing, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn’t that stimulating the economy of China ?
A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the Australian economy by spending your stimulus cheque wisely:

If you spend that money at Kmart, all the money will go to China .
If you spend it on petrol it will go to the Arabs.
If you purchase a computer it will go to India .
If you buy a car it will go to Japan .
If you purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan .
And none of it will help the Australian economy.

We need to keep that money here in Australia. You can keep the money in Australia by spending it at garage sales, going to a cricket match or footy game, or spend it on prostitutes, beer and wine (domestic ONLY), or tattoos, since those are the only businesses that may still be
owned by Aussies.

Thank you all Australians,
Your mate,
K.RUDD.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:09 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Stimulus Payment explained...

So very very true

Dougie
Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:31 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Even better. We are leaving here for good in 3 weeks time. OH rang the tax office today about getting his tax refund early as you can do this if you plan to leave Aus permanently.
We were very grateful when she said we will also receive our Aus stimulus payment just before we leave....

Cheers Aussie... it'll help to pay for a new TV....

IN ENGLAND
Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

If I promise to spend all mine on aussie wine when we arrive do you think they'd let us have it too!

Lindsay x
Old Mar 12th 2009, 11:23 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

I felt really stimulated by it and decided to support local business - so I got a man to come and cut down 3 giant palms in my yard. I called an electrician to come and put some more circuits in because my electricity is tripping and I bought a lovely new shed.

I called my husband who works away, told him how stimulated I felt by Kevin Rudd - I think he thought I had decided to introduce phone sex into our long distance relationship and was quite disappointed to find out the only palms being discussed were now on the back of an aussies ute.

Viv
Old Mar 13th 2009, 7:24 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Stimulus Payment explained...

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Even better. We are leaving here for good in 3 weeks time. OH rang the tax office today about getting his tax refund early as you can do this if you plan to leave Aus permanently.
We were very grateful when she said we will also receive our Aus stimulus payment just before we leave....

Cheers Aussie... it'll help to pay for a new TV....

IN ENGLAND
This part of the policy is not very well thought out is it.......

Buzzy