Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Steve Coogan: worth going to see?

Steve Coogan: worth going to see?

Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

virginiec will become famous soon enough
Default Steve Coogan: worth going to see?

Hi

Steve Coogan is in Perth Tuesday and Wednesday. When the tour dates were initially announced I was definitely going to buy tickets

However, his UK reviews are lukewarm at best. I cant find any reviews of his Melbourne show online anywhere

Has anyone been/ heard anything about his Melbourne performances as surely he has had time to lift his game?
Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:53 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Steve Coogan: worth going to see?

QUOTE]

I'll report back tommoro night with a review.

Aha.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

sally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nice

We went to see Steve Coogan in Melbourne last weekend. Was enjoyable and glad we went, was value for money considering the time her was on for. He does Pauline & Paul Calf, Tony F and the second half was Alan Partridge - the best half we thought.
My OH went to see Steve around 10 years ago and felt the material was pretty similar to back then.
Hope you enjoy the show!
S.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Originally Posted by sally07
We went to see Steve Coogan in Melbourne last weekend. Was enjoyable and glad we went, was value for money considering the time her was on for. He does Pauline & Paul Calf, Tony F and the second half was Alan Partridge - the best half we thought.
My OH went to see Steve around 10 years ago and felt the material was pretty similar to back then.
Hope you enjoy the show!
S.
Got tickets for the 20th in Brisbane, can't wait to see him live. Seems years since i saw a decent stand up show.
Be nice to see Peter Kay over here next, can't see it happening.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

gsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by virginiec
Hi

Steve Coogan is in Perth Tuesday and Wednesday. When the tour dates were initially announced I was definitely going to buy tickets

However, his UK reviews are lukewarm at best. I cant find any reviews of his Melbourne show online anywhere

Has anyone been/ heard anything about his Melbourne performances as surely he has had time to lift his game?

Hi - We went to see him last Friday in Melbourne, i saw him about 8-10 years ago, most of it was the same old material. Had I known this I wouldnt have gone. However if you havent seen him previously then its probably worth a watch, i read the UK reviews too and I would say Alan Partridge is the highlight.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

sally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret
Got tickets for the 20th in Brisbane, can't wait to see him live. Seems years since i saw a decent stand up show.
Be nice to see Peter Kay over here next, can't see it happening.
...We were just talking the other day about how much we would like to see Peter Kay on tour. Apparently though he has not toured and performed as a stand up comedian for a few years and unclear if he will in the future -would be a shame if this is true.
S.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:59 am
Account Closed

S.[/QUOTE]

Peter Kay was fantastic in Manchester (06) - very funny.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:07 am
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

We're booked to see him in Adelaide on Friday - very excited! Very interested to see these reviews too.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pinkie
We're booked to see him in Adelaide on Friday - very excited! Very interested to see these reviews too.
we went to Steven Coogan yesterday- distinctly average IMO
Old Apr 14th 2009, 4:13 pm
Account Closed

[/QUOTE] ;-

Steve Coogan- Perth

I enjoyed it, and thought it was very funny,well worth the money.

9/10.

Aha

Dave
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:15 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

;-

Steve Coogan- Perth

I enjoyed it, and thought it was very funny,well worth the money.

9/10.

Aha

Dave[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dave, I'm off down there shortly.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 11:14 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Used to shag my niece... personally can't stand the bloke...
Old Apr 15th 2009, 11:36 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

just saw him on Never Mind The Buzzcocks...sorry I mean Spicks and Specks.

It was one of the funniest episodes I've seen in quite a while. Suggs was pretty funny too
Old Apr 18th 2009, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

virginiec will become famous soon enough

Went to see him on Weds. I loved the Alan Partridge bit: hilarious.

Tony Ferrino was brilliant: much better than on TV. Pauline Calf was quite good but Paul Calf was disappointing
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:00 am
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

We saw him last night - he was amazing, the 'less successful' characters were all much better live and Alan Partridge was just fantastic. I will be singing the closing song for weeks to come.....

Got to see him at the stage door too after the show, got a photo and autograph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.