Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Stella Artois: A Beer Lovers Nightmare

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Do You Support Overseas Premium Beers Being Made in OZ?
YES
13.79%
NO
34.48%
DON'T CARE
48.28%
UNDECIDED
3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Stella Artois: A Beer Lovers Nightmare

Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:17 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Stella Artois: A Beer Lovers Nightmare

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Others have done the same Wendy. I'm just taking the hint from them. Anyway, no hard feelings from me, it's just the net you know.

Welcome back Kiwi.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:18 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Just found out Becks is now made here as well ! It's not looking good for true beer lovers is it?
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:20 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Welcome back Kiwi.
Cheers Bordy. Thanks mate.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Others have done the same Wendy. I'm just taking the hint from them. Anyway, no hard feelings from me, it's just the net you know.

Can honestly say dear, I don't care. In 19 days I fly to Australia and THAT's important
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:39 pm
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by WendyC
Can honestly say dear, I don't care. In 19 days I fly to Australia and THAT's important
Very true. Hope you have a good trip over and that you and family enjoy your new lives in Adelaide.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Very true. Hope you have a good trip over and that you and family enjoy your new lives in Adelaide.

Cheers
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats going on here?....I was the first to vote 'undecided, as really can't be arsed to read the thread.....I mean I don't know enough about possible ramifications

Good evening lovely people
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:51 pm
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by brisbec
i can only say this

that the XXXX Gold i drink in Oz is a damn sight more palatable than the XXXX i drink here in the UK

You may mock that XXXX is crap and i would heartly agree if you were in the UK, BUT XXXX Gold is one of the few beers in Oz i like.

Coopers, Tooheys, Bleurgh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shite really but that is my opinion!!

I have a very large soft spot for VB and if you search high and low you can get it in England BUT it's brewed here so it doesn't taste as nice!!!
Standard Aussie beers and the Aussie brewed European ones seem very bland and mediocre to me. There are some quite good premium Aussie beers around though. I can't handle mid-strength beers here, they all taste crappy to me. XXXX full strength lager or bitter I find quite okay, but the gold has no flavour in my opinion. Still, we all do have our own taste preferences. If you enjoy XXXX Gold, that's all that matters really.

I tried VB about 30 years ago, back in NZ and it seemed great, but the stuff today that's made here is very disappointing. There used to be a beer called Tooth's KB Lager years ago. It was greats tuff from memory, but sadly no longer around.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:54 pm
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Whats going on here?....I was the first to vote 'undecided, as really can't be arsed to read the thread.....I mean I don't know enough about possible ramifications

Good evening lovely people
Hi Caroline. ramifications are that if you drink enough beer you will get pissed! And if we all drink the Aussie made European beers, we will never see the genuine article back on the shelves of the bottle shops.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Caroline. ramifications are that if you drink enough beer you will get pissed! And if we all drink the Aussie made European beers, we will never see the genuine article back on the shelves of the bottle shops.
Ah...should have voted to keep it out then.....I like the aussie beers....esp Tasman and Tooheys Dark
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:58 pm
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Ah...should have voted to keep it out then.....I like the aussie beers....esp Tasman and Tooheys Dark
It's fine to like Aussie beer. My objection is that we can no longer get the genuine Carlsberg, Tuborg, Carling, Becks and Stella Artois here, as they are now all produced locally and taste nowhere near as food as the original European Brewed version.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:30 pm
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Well my Wife Beater is going down fine tonight.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:31 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
Well my Wife is going down fine tonight.

Lucky you.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:32 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
Well my Wife Beater is going down fine tonight.
Careful mate, the Yanks/Canadians will be kicking off again.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:38 pm
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Lucky you.
Na mate, that is later. I am still young enough to enjoy an active sex life.
Attached Thumbnails Stella Artois: A Beer Lovers Nightmare-dsc00286.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.