Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Starbucks Uk and Starbucks Aussie.

Wikiposts

Starbucks Uk and Starbucks Aussie.

Old Jun 8th 2006, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Starbucks Uk and Starbucks Aussie.

Now I know why Starbucks UK was such a Success. Starbucks Aussie is almost non-existent. Reason being they make crap coffee compared to the much higher standards of the local Coffee shops here.

Because the UK doesn't take coffee seriously is the reason they get dished up crap.

Give me a Barista anyday

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 8th 2006 at 5:07 am.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starbucks Uk and Starbucks Aussie.

Originally Posted by saucy
As much as I enjoy ignoring you I can't let this one go. My 1st job ever was making coffees so I suppose I could have been called a barista! So now who's the numpty. Try getting a job here pulling coffees without the training at the Tafe and then tell me that’s not regulation. Just because it might not be written in law, the fact you can't get a job making a coffee without it proves just what nonsense you speak. I was self taught and all I needed was pointing in the direction of the 3 phase switch that turned the coffee rig on. It didn't take long to learn how to make all the different drinks well.

Sums it up on this subject I guess.

Coffee making is an art right up there, with brewing beer, and making wine.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 8:49 am
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Now I know why Starbucks UK was such a Success. Starbucks Aussie is almost non-existent. Reason being they make crap coffee compared to the much higher standards of the local Coffee shops here.

Because the UK doesn't take coffee seriously is the reason they get dished up crap.

Give me a Barista anyday
Why do you need a Lawyer...Wot have you done..???

Corker
Old Jun 8th 2006, 8:52 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Give me a Barista anyday

eh?
lost me....who makes crap coffee? starbucks aussie or starbucks uk?
Old Jun 8th 2006, 8:53 am
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
eh?
lost me....who makes crap coffee? starbucks aussie or starbucks uk?
Starbucks....does
Old Jun 8th 2006, 8:57 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CORKER
Starbucks....does

I quite like starbucks (uk) - and i will have a non fat, fairtrade, caramel latte with whipped cream if you are buying
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

I quite like starbucks (uk) - and i will have a non fat, fairtrade, caramel latte with whipped cream if you are buying
I'll have a grande Strawberrys and cream with whipped cream on top please (delicious) in USA crap in UK, hope delicious in Oz.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:30 am
By the sea

sparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Starbucks Uk and Starbucks Aussie.

I like starbucks (UK) too. Sod the coffee I'll have a grande hot choc with cream please?
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds so nice ive never been to starbucks as i haven't seen one around where i live
Mandy
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:17 am
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

hate star****s, awful coffee.

unethical large conglomarant trying to take over the world.

I bought a nice proper Gaggia espresso and capuchino maker, it is a great coffee maker.

Can't beat the local coffee shops in Oz

I reccommend Gertrudes and Alice's in Bondi, great coffee, lovely turkish bread with honey and cinemon and the chance to read and buy a 2nd hand book
Old Jun 8th 2006, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by russmcp
hate star****s, awful coffee.

unethical large conglomarant trying to take over the world.

I bought a nice proper Gaggia espresso and capuchino maker, it is a great coffee maker.

Can't beat the local coffee shops in Oz

I reccommend Gertrudes and Alice's in Bondi, great coffee, lovely turkish bread with honey and cinemon and the chance to read and buy a 2nd hand book

You have the makings of a true Barista

The reason I started this thread, there has been a lot of one way traffic about what is superior in the UK. With our very large meditteranean community here. Coffee is one thing Aussie excels in. Something the mystery poster I quoted is obviously Ignorant about.

I'll be back with a proper thread on standards later.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 8th 2006 at 7:57 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 8:05 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Give me a Barista anyday
Not surprised that Starbucks doesn't do well here ...the coffee is great here; but never liked Starbucks anyway, whether here, in the UK or America...universally crap.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 8:20 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CORKER
Why do you need a Lawyer...Wot have you done..???

Corker
Ha Ha nice I like it
Old Jun 8th 2006, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Not surprised that Starbucks doesn't do well here ...the coffee is great here; but never liked Starbucks anyway, whether here, in the UK or America...universally crap.
I like Starbucks in the USA, but then I only have strawebrrys and cream drink. I would NEVER drink their coffee . The only place I've ever enjoyed coffee was in Europe, so I'm looking foreard to Oz if they have a European cafe culture.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hedgehog
I like Starbucks in the USA, but then I only have strawebrrys and cream drink. I would NEVER drink their coffee . The only place I've ever enjoyed coffee was in Europe, so I'm looking foreard to Oz if they have a European cafe culture.
Where about in Aus are you coming?
Melbourne is great for coffee (and food generally)....lots of European influence here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.