Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Poppydreams is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by medwaymark
What is the error? Ours had the wrong applicant name (ie, they put me down as the applicant, but I'm the Aussie). I just changed it on the form.... no problems. You could put a covering letter in saying that there is an error and we are arranging for a new one to be sent, but my guess is that the visa would be issued before this is required anyway.
Mark - can't believe you had exactly the same problem!!

I eventually spoke to my friend yesterday and she is sending a new Stat Dec anyway.
BTW - I know this is off the topic slightly but I got my UK naturalisation through today. (this took roughly only 6 weeks!) I thought it would take months.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:27 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppydreams

that happened to me as well on 2 of our stat decs had OH instead of me down as the applicant!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Poppydreams

I eventually spoke to my friend yesterday and she is sending a new Stat Dec anyway.
BTW - I know this is off the topic slightly but I got my UK naturalisation through today. (this took roughly only 6 weeks!) I thought it would take months.
I guess we think it is obvious because we are living and breathing it 24hrs a day...

Good news on the citizenship
Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by penky
that happened to me as well on 2 of our stat decs had OH instead of me down as the applicant!
Wow- they mustn't be bothered about it too much since its happened to a couple of people. It's good they just use their common sense with things like this.

I guess we think it is obvious because we are living and breathing it 24hrs a day...

Good news on the citizenship
Thanks Mark.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:15 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone - loads of great info on this thread. Certainly is alot to read!!!

I have been married to hubby for nearly 4 years, together for 4 and a bit (my UK visa was running out!) and the whole frontloading thing has really got us thinking.

My ticket is booked for May next year and hubby is coming a month later - from other posts this seems to be fine - my concern is how quick you need to validate the visa once issued. When I got my first UK working visa, it was dated only three months from issue and I didn't get here for 6, so I lost out - does anyone know what the time scale is after issuing if there is one?

Cheers
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wheeler-Jones
Hi everyone - loads of great info on this thread. Certainly is alot to read!!!

I have been married to hubby for nearly 4 years, together for 4 and a bit (my UK visa was running out!) and the whole frontloading thing has really got us thinking.

My ticket is booked for May next year and hubby is coming a month later - from other posts this seems to be fine - my concern is how quick you need to validate the visa once issued. When I got my first UK working visa, it was dated only three months from issue and I didn't get here for 6, so I lost out - does anyone know what the time scale is after issuing if there is one?

Cheers
Your validation date is one year from when you got your Police checks or meds done, whichever is sooner. So, for example, if you get your meds done on October 31st 2007, and your Police checks are dated November 15th 2007, your validation date will have to be before the expiry of the meds on October 30th 2008. Sometimes they add other conditions on I think but the CO always confirms the latest date of entry on the visa approval docs.
Hope this helps!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Me again, I am well excited here, just got the passports back with the magic stickers in.
My daughter and I are now officially permitted to remain in Australia indefinitely!!!!
What a fab moment, worth the wait!
Off to cry now I think, its all too much!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:35 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the pursers
Me again, I am well excited here, just got the passports back with the magic stickers in.
My daughter and I are now officially permitted to remain in Australia indefinitely!!!!
Yay! Congratulations! That's excellent news!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Don't cry.....you might smudge the visa and they wont let you in

Congratulations!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations!!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:02 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:04 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Have you stopped sniffing them yet?
Old Oct 29th 2007, 10:03 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi fellow spouses long time no chat how are you all doing? C x
Old Oct 29th 2007, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Hi.

My OH and I are considering a spouse visa. I'm just wondering how long it is taking people to get a visa these days? (I know it depends on which country you're from etc, but it just would be great to get a rough indication from you guys at this stage).

Thanks heaps and good luck with your visas all!!

Cheers,
V.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 10:32 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite
Hi.

My OH and I are considering a spouse visa. I'm just wondering how long it is taking people to get a visa these days? (I know it depends on which country you're from etc, but it just would be great to get a rough indication from you guys at this stage).

Thanks heaps and good luck with your visas all!!

Cheers,
V.
I got mine in just under 2 weeks if that helps C x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.