Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old May 16th 2008, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

esteeandrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!

Just phoned CO to ask her why things are taking so long - since our medicals were cleared on Monday - just to hear that she is on leave.:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:

Do they ever work? Do they realise what they are doing to us?

Sorry, just very sad at the moment!
Old May 16th 2008, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

cazw1405 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by esteeandrew
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!

Just phoned CO to ask her why things are taking so long - since our medicals were cleared on Monday - just to hear that she is on leave.:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:

Do they ever work? Do they realise what they are doing to us?

Sorry, just very sad at the moment!
Hi Estee,

Hope this makes you feel a bit better. Our CO was on leave when we were going through all this. Our visa was granted by someone else. Someone totally different to who we were allocated to and also someone totally different to the person who sent the original acknowledgement email.

We were contacted in all by 3 different CO's so if its there someone will be looking at it. Hope this helps a little.

I know exactly how your feeling and it sucks that we are at another weekend. Keep checking your inbox tomorrow though as our first email was sent on a Saturday!

Take Care, keep positive, I know its hard, thinking of you,

Caz x
Old May 16th 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

esteeandrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cazw1405
Hi Estee,

Hope this makes you feel a bit better. Our CO was on leave when we were going through all this. Our visa was granted by someone else. Someone totally different to who we were allocated to and also someone totally different to the person who sent the original acknowledgement email.

We were contacted in all by 3 different CO's so if its there someone will be looking at it. Hope this helps a little.

I know exactly how your feeling and it sucks that we are at another weekend. Keep checking your inbox tomorrow though as our first email was sent on a Saturday!

Take Care, keep positive, I know its hard, thinking of you,

Caz x
Thanks Caz! Will try...

Just trying to picture our new life in Sydney.
Old May 17th 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Try and stay positive estee, I'm sure it'll work out and like Caz said another CO should take over proceedings.

Am hoping to start writing my statement this weekend about my relationship with my fiancee, future plans etc. Just trying to think how to start it! :curse:
Old May 17th 2008, 11:41 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Try and stay positive estee, I'm sure it'll work out and like Caz said another CO should take over proceedings.

Am hoping to start writing my statement this weekend about my relationship with my fiancee, future plans etc. Just trying to think how to start it! :curse:
I think the best thing you can do is just start writing - you can always edit your statement afterwards - the hardest part is getting started - so start with something that is factual and easy, like when/how you met - when you started having feelings beyond friendship etc etc... once you start writing its not as bad as it seems - you can then edit it to make it cover all the points that you want to! Mine sorted veered from informal and chatty to very formal report style - my fiance wrote his as if he had the person who was reading it sat across the table from him and talking to him.

good luck with it
Old May 18th 2008, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
I think the best thing you can do is just start writing - you can always edit your statement afterwards - the hardest part is getting started - so start with something that is factual and easy, like when/how you met - when you started having feelings beyond friendship etc etc... once you start writing its not as bad as it seems - you can then edit it to make it cover all the points that you want to! Mine sorted veered from informal and chatty to very formal report style - my fiance wrote his as if he had the person who was reading it sat across the table from him and talking to him.

good luck with it
Thanks Silly, I have taken your advice and started off writing about when/how we met

How long should the statement be? I guess it doesn't really matter as long as it covers the required areas of the relationship to prove that it is actually genuine?
Old May 18th 2008, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Silly, I have taken your advice and started off writing about when/how we met

How long should the statement be? I guess it doesn't really matter as long as it covers the required areas of the relationship to prove that it is actually genuine?
Hi there,

Ours were only a couple of sides of a4 paper, just gave them the gist of how/when we met when we moved in together when we decided to get married and how the relationship works as in Paul is the bread winner and I look after the kids. We did'nt go into detail about finances or anything like that, even about what our future plans were in Australia. We just said we hoped to carry on as we are here with Paul working and myself at home.

Seemed to do the trick anyway! Hope this helps!

Caz
Old May 18th 2008, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cazw1405
Hi there,

Ours were only a couple of sides of a4 paper, just gave them the gist of how/when we met when we moved in together when we decided to get married and how the relationship works as in Paul is the bread winner and I look after the kids. We did'nt go into detail about finances or anything like that, even about what our future plans were in Australia. We just said we hoped to carry on as we are here with Paul working and myself at home.

Seemed to do the trick anyway! Hope this helps!

Caz
Hey Caz, thanks for that. I am applying for the Prospective Marriage Visa so will have to put down what our future plans are, which is all good. Not got too much to write regarding finances as we dont live together currently but can cover everything else thats required about our relationship, when we decided to get married etc in the statement quite well.

I'm a little relieved to have at least got it started...
Old May 20th 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Another question (your all probably sick of me by now! ) but im planning to submit my application at the end of June, im wanting to frontload everything so when is the best time to get my medical done?

Last edited by JBlokeUK; May 20th 2008 at 10:30 am.
Old May 20th 2008, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Another question (your all probably sick of me by now! ) but im planning to submit my application at the end of June, im wanting to frontload everything so when is the best time to get my medical done?

Hi

No one will be sick of you!! The doctor who did OH medical said it can take up to 10 days for the results to get to Australia House as they wait for the blood tests to come back from the lab. So I guess if you have it done just before you post your app it should be fine. Hope someone who did frontload theirs can help you more than me!

Caz
Old May 20th 2008, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Ah thanks Caz, I was going to book one for the start of June, but seeing as im looking to submit my application at the end of June, that getting it at the start of June is too soon, as Australia House will receive the medical way before my application?

Can anyone else shed anymore light on this?
Old May 20th 2008, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point

They got my Med about 2 weeks before I sent in my application. I don't think they matched them up straight away as they requested a med, so I just emailed the CO and said that my med should be with them already. He had a look and found it and that was it - sorted.
Old May 20th 2008, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

do Australia House even read the applications? i have been asked to send in a certified copy of our marriage certificate - we sent TWO certified copies in with the original application!!!
Old May 20th 2008, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

taffgmg will become famous soon enoughtaffgmg will become famous soon enough

Our Visa Application went in at the beginning of April, the police check about three weeks ago and the medical was forwarded to Australia House on the 9th May.

Sent Australia House a quick email yesterday to double check they had received everything and when I got in this evening I had an email to say they had not received the medicals.

Cut a long story short Royal Mail Track and Trace shows proof it was signed for on the 12th May at Australia House. Where it is now is a good question.??? Will have to wait until tomorrow tat least to see if they can track it down.

We have to fly by 22nd July because my wife is pregnant and is not insured after that and we have a month lead time with the removal company......getting a bit too close for comfort.

Moral of the story: I wish I had kept in touch more often and double checked everything.........
Old May 20th 2008, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by taffgmg
Our Visa Application went in at the beginning of April, the police check about three weeks ago and the medical was forwarded to Australia House on the 9th May.

Sent Australia House a quick email yesterday to double check they had received everything and when I got in this evening I had an email to say they had not received the medicals.

Cut a long story short Royal Mail Track and Trace shows proof it was signed for on the 12th May at Australia House. Where it is now is a good question.??? Will have to wait until tomorrow tat least to see if they can track it down.

We have to fly by 22nd July because my wife is pregnant and is not insured after that and we have a month lead time with the removal company......getting a bit too close for comfort.

Moral of the story: I wish I had kept in touch more often and double checked everything.........
hopefully they will be able to locate it now you can confirm to them you have proof they received it!

i was surprised to get an email from them so quickly (tues morning) requesting additional info (application was only sent thurs 15th May and received at Oz House on Fri 16th May) - strangely though, the first thing they asked for (a certified marriage certificate) we had already included in the application, TWO in fact!

the other thing they asked for was supporting evidence to prove we have been in a long term relationship for 5 and a half years (as we are going for perm rather than temp spouse visa). we already sent in approx 200 pages of supporting evidence with our original application to prove this (the usual stuff eg bills, rental agreements, joint flight tickets, joint bank account, joint social things eg tickets, wills etc etc - plus 13 stat decs from friends and family). I don't think they can possible have looked at all that already. I'm not sure if I can find any extra info!!

Think I will have to email them tomorrow to try and clarify what they are looking for and if they need another marriage certificate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.