Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old May 12th 2008, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

cazw1405 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by esteeandrew
Hi Caroline

We are also still waiting and very despondent at the moment. We sent out medical almost FOUR WEEKS ago and still no word. I phoned our CO last week (her name is Suzanne in case anyone else is dealing with her) and she could not even tell me if your medical was received! I know have all these doomsday thoughts and OH and I are now worried that my medical and xrays are floating around inside AHC!

How many of us are currently waiting for visas? Do you think it is possible that they might just be very busy???
Hi Estee,

As you know we are still waiting................ I guess your right and its probably very busy down there at the moment. I know our CO has been on leave, she is due back today!

Hopefully our application is on top of her pile!!!

Speak soon and keep your chin up

Caz
xxx
Old May 12th 2008, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Caroline W
Hi there,

Applied 25th of March, but we did not front load my OH medicals so they were done on May 1st so I don't suppose we have waited long but when you hear some people got theirs in days its so frustrating!! I guess I am just having a fed up day! Flights are going up all the time and I just want to get stuff organised.

Will keep you posted!! Fingers crossed yours goes ok!!

Caz
xx
i think medicals can take about a week to 10 days to get to Australia House (I had my medical last week and they said it takes that long as they have to get blood test results back) - so you should hopefully hear soon. At this stage I am sick of the sight of the visa forms - can't wait to send them in!! We've frontloaded medicals and police checks so we're hoping it will all run smoothly.
Old May 12th 2008, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

esteeandrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by donovandenese
i think medicals can take about a week to 10 days to get to Australia House (I had my medical last week and they said it takes that long as they have to get blood test results back) - so you should hopefully hear soon. At this stage I am sick of the sight of the visa forms - can't wait to send them in!! We've frontloaded medicals and police checks so we're hoping it will all run smoothly.
Yeah we waited two weeks for them to send the stuff, which they did on 21 April. According to Royal Mail the medicals arrived at AHC on 22 April. Can you believe that it is now almost 22 May and still nothing??? Rang the CO last week as she do not have our medical. Now... either it is ''still in the pile'' or it is floating around somewhere in the AHC.

I wish I can express in words how %^&$& off I am that we did everything by the book. ( I mean, we spent £3000 on an agent) and we are still waiting. Currently if feels like we will never leave the UK.
Old May 12th 2008, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by esteeandrew
Yeah we waited two weeks for them to send the stuff, which they did on 21 April. According to Royal Mail the medicals arrived at AHC on 22 April. Can you believe that it is now almost 22 May and still nothing??? Rang the CO last week as she do not have our medical. Now... either it is ''still in the pile'' or it is floating around somewhere in the AHC.

I wish I can express in words how %^&$& off I am that we did everything by the book. ( I mean, we spent £3000 on an agent) and we are still waiting. Currently if feels like we will never leave the UK.
I feel for you. Personally, I think that just by paying £655 you should be guaranteed an efficient service.

Although it could be worse.. you could be me! Flights booked for 11th june and still waiting, only sent my application off on 2nd of May! My medical should have been with them about 4 weeks ago, but they have just requested it!?!?!

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; May 12th 2008 at 11:25 pm. Reason: do not name COs on forum
Old May 12th 2008, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

scottishlass is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone...

this thread has taken a depressing turn lately! It is not sounding too good with things going missing and long wait times.. I just found out today that the police have lost my subject access request form on the way to the data protection people, so they are re-doing it now! have most of the other stuff ready to go so now it is looking like it could be august at least before we are ready to leave?!

I agree about flights, can't believe how expensive a one-way flight is just because it's school hols in UK, you're hardly going to go on a one-way flight then come back for next term are you?!

On the flipside also feeling quite down about leaving everyone behind so soon...argh! anyone else feel the same?
Old May 12th 2008, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scottishlass
Hi everyone...

this thread has taken a depressing turn lately! It is not sounding too good with things going missing and long wait times.. I just found out today that the police have lost my subject access request form on the way to the data protection people, so they are re-doing it now! have most of the other stuff ready to go so now it is looking like it could be august at least before we are ready to leave?!

I agree about flights, can't believe how expensive a one-way flight is just because it's school hols in UK, you're hardly going to go on a one-way flight then come back for next term are you?!

On the flipside also feeling quite down about leaving everyone behind so soon...argh! anyone else feel the same?
hi - we're at a similar stage to you - hope to submit forms on wednesday, have done medical and got police checks. OH can't wait to get home, I am depressed at the thought of leaving close family & friends behind :-( where are you heading to in Oz? We're going to Adelaide. Sister just booked wedidng date in scotland (near edinburgh) for May 2009 so looks like a return flight for us!!
Old May 12th 2008, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

hi - we're at a similar stage to you - hope to submit forms on wednesday, have done medical and got police checks. OH can't wait to get home, I am depressed at the thought of leaving close family & friends behind :-( where are you heading to in Oz? We're going to Adelaide. Sister just booked wedidng date in scotland (near edinburgh) for May 2009 so looks like a return flight for us!!
hi - it's good (well, comforting i suppose!) to hear someone else is feeling this way, I've been looking forward to going for sooo long and now that it's actually happening I almost don't want to leave! and OH is same, hates this country and can't wait to go home and see all the friends and family he's been missing for 5 and a half years!! it's difficult to balance it all...
We are heading to NSW - near wagga wagga to stay with OH's parents for a while and save up for place to live etc. Don't know where we will end up though, quite fancy Adelaide.
It's good to have something to aim for, the wedding will be a great opportunity to see everyone again, I'm sure you will be feeling fine by then!

The processing times are looking really long at the moment though, are you frontloading?
Old May 12th 2008, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi - it's good (well, comforting i suppose!) to hear someone else is feeling this way, I've been looking forward to going for sooo long and now that it's actually happening I almost don't want to leave! and OH is same, hates this country and can't wait to go home and see all the friends and family he's been missing for 5 and a half years!! it's difficult to balance it all...
We are heading to NSW - near wagga wagga to stay with OH's parents for a while and save up for place to live etc. Don't know where we will end up though, quite fancy Adelaide.
It's good to have something to aim for, the wedding will be a great opportunity to see everyone again, I'm sure you will be feeling fine by then!

The processing times are looking really long at the moment though, are you frontloading?
just heading out but will PM you this evening :-) its a relief to know I'm not the only one getting emotional about going!
Old May 12th 2008, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

just heading out but will PM you this evening :-) its a relief to know I'm not the only one getting emotional about going!
Thanks, I really appreciate that! I have an exam tomorrow but tomorrow night I will no doubt be on here for hours again...as you can see I'm currently very focused on studying!!
Old May 12th 2008, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Im getting emotional now and I haven't even submitted my PMV yet! Told my mum yesterday and she got upset, which was hard to see. I dont have a big family but its still going to be very hard to leave nonetheless, but I guess you go through this knowing your going to be happy eventually?
Old May 12th 2008, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Im getting emotional now and I haven't even submitted my PMV yet! Told my mum yesterday and she got upset, which was hard to see. I dont have a big family but its still going to be very hard to leave nonetheless, but I guess you go through this knowing your going to be happy eventually?
Hi JBloke,

Yeah it's horrible when you see your parents upset, you feel responsible but it's not much of a choice, stay in the UK to keep everyone happy (except OH and you) or go and be with the one you love! Yeah I only live close to parents and brother but still hard.
Old May 12th 2008, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

cazw1405 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Its so hard thinking about leaving people here! My OH is English all his family are here, as I have been over here for 11 years all my 3 children have been born here and its going to be hard to take them away from his parents! Saying that though my family have never seen them so its a bitter sweet situation for us. Also I have one sister here I will be leaving behind with her family and I am not looking forward to that!

I guess it is far from my mind at the moment though and will only feel real when we get the nod that this visa is granted!

Fingers crossed for all of us!!

Caz x
Old May 12th 2008, 6:34 pm
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Hi Guys,

Soz haventbeen on here for a while , my work has blocked me getting expats grrrr first they blocked face book and now this grrrrrrr!!!!!
Hope everyone is ok and applications going well, any questions pm me and I wil try and get back to you asap xxxx
Old May 13th 2008, 12:18 pm
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

Hi everyone,

I am looking to submit my application for 309 as soon as my police check comes back, should be here by friday fingers crossed! Already frontloaded meds. My question is.. the 47p form asks me how much money I intend to take to Australia, does this matter? I am not sure at the moment but it probably won't be much as it's all going on the actual migration! are they looking for a certain amount and if it's below that they think you are just going to try and sponge off people?
I am a bit behind so if anyone already said this - sorry.

In an email from AH they told me that if you dont appear to have enough money or may become a financial burden on the state they will ask you to get someone in Australia to provide an assurance that they will help you financially if this happens.

The reason I was worried is because I am the Australian and therefore the sponsor but am a stay at home mum so when we go my husband will be the earner but they seem happy that the proceeds from my house sale (if it ever sells) will be enough.
Old May 13th 2008, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys..

got a question, hoping someone can give me a quick answer so i can get this sorted today!

ok ive been asked to get an australian police check done. says on the for that you have to pay $32.73 (weird ammount!) by cheque or money order. Now, I dont have an australian cheque book and a british cheque will be no good to them i assume, and by money order, can that be a postal order? I dont know how to pay for it!

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.