Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old May 10th 2008, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

i got one of the other ones. At least the UK one is quicker now - if 3x more expensive!
Old May 10th 2008, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bella.b
Hi everyone, just a quick question regarding the payment of the application. I just wanted to double check that I cannot pay with a visa debit card if I am lodging my application by mail? Are cheques acceptable or will it have to be done with an actual credit card?
Hi Bella.
Debit card is fine, I paid by Maestro and got my visa last month! They usually take the money within a few days. Just write the details in the space provided. Think it might not say debit card on the form because aussies tend to call it EFTPOS but they definitely take debit card!!
Hope this helps. Ru applying for spouse or PMV?
Old May 10th 2008, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scor
Got my passport sent back to me this morning, which is strange. They are requesting a medical, but i've had the xray and med done and it was sent to them about 3 weeks ago. Also, they want a form 1101 sent in for an australian police check. How long do these take, anyone know?

I thought they would have kept my passport for now, doesn't the visa get put in it?
I think they sometimes overlook things/ make admin errors, there's a few others who posted on here about the mistakes they sometimes make. They'll probably soon work out that they actually do have your medical. Did you contact the doc to ask if it was posted?
I know some people send their passport with application but I think they prefer to request it, as they can't predict how long it will take to process.
I'm sure they'll contact you when they get the police check. Good luck
Old May 10th 2008, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
What Visa are you applying for?
spouse visa, perm. just filled out a 1101 form so ill get that sent off asap and give them a call on monday
Old May 11th 2008, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

spouse visa, perm. just filled out a 1101 form so ill get that sent off asap and give them a call on monday
I think Rach25 may be right, best to give them a call to find out why your passport was returned. Strange about the medical though, hope you can get this sorted out!

Where is everyone hoping to head off to/currently at? How did you find settling into Aus?

Last edited by JBlokeUK; May 11th 2008 at 8:07 am.
Old May 11th 2008, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

just noticed on the 1101 form is says usual processing time is 30 days! is this right? anyone had theirs done quicker?
Old May 11th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

just noticed on the 1101 form is says usual processing time is 30 days! is this right? anyone had theirs done quicker?
mine was 10 days.
Old May 11th 2008, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

heg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had one back in three weeks. Another took six weeks.
Old May 11th 2008, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

bella.b is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rach25
Hi Bella.
Debit card is fine, I paid by Maestro and got my visa last month! They usually take the money within a few days. Just write the details in the space provided. Think it might not say debit card on the form because aussies tend to call it EFTPOS but they definitely take debit card!!
Hope this helps. Ru applying for spouse or PMV?
Hey Rach,

Thanks for getting back to me, the forms and all the information that goes with them start to frazzle your brain after a while so this forum is great to get some clarity!! I am applying for the spouse visa and we are edging ever so closer to sending it off!! Would have had it away by now but we are waiting on my OH's brothers in Oz to send over their updated 888 forms!! Was gutted to find out the forms had just been updated so it has been a pain having to fill them out again!!
Old May 11th 2008, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Rach,

Thanks for getting back to me, the forms and all the information that goes with them start to frazzle your brain after a while so this forum is great to get some clarity!! I am applying for the spouse visa and we are edging ever so closer to sending it off!! Would have had it away by now but we are waiting on my OH's brothers in Oz to send over their updated 888 forms!! Was gutted to find out the forms had just been updated so it has been a pain having to fill them out again!!
our 888 forms were filled out about 5 months ago and we've just sent them off. they haven't said anything about filling out a new one
Old May 11th 2008, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Rach,

I know!! It's a real test of your patience. I'd advise you just to read and reread all the info on aussie website. We were constantly making lists of things we needed to include etc just to get our head round it all. It's a great feeling when you post of your application and an even better one when you have that orange sticker in your passport!!
Good luck, let me know when you get it
Old May 12th 2008, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

cazw1405 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say hi and see if anyone has had any news?? We are still waiting............... having a down day today I am just fed up! Hope we hear something soon or I may just crack up !!!!

Fingers crossed for those like me who are still waiting and love & Luck to those of you who are ready to go!!!

Caz x
Old May 12th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Caroline W
Hi guys,

Just wanted to say hi and see if anyone has had any news?? We are still waiting............... having a down day today I am just fed up! Hope we hear something soon or I may just crack up !!!!

Fingers crossed for those like me who are still waiting and love & Luck to those of you who are ready to go!!!

Caz x
hi - have you been waiting long? will be submitting my application wednesday
Old May 12th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

esteeandrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Caroline W
Hi guys,

Caz x
Hi Caroline

We are also still waiting and very despondent at the moment. We sent out medical almost FOUR WEEKS ago and still no word. I phoned our CO last week (her name is Suzanne in case anyone else is dealing with her) and she could not even tell me if your medical was received! I know have all these doomsday thoughts and OH and I are now worried that my medical and xrays are floating around inside AHC!

How many of us are currently waiting for visas? Do you think it is possible that they might just be very busy???
Old May 12th 2008, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

cazw1405 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by donovandenese
hi - have you been waiting long? will be submitting my application wednesday
Hi there,

Applied 25th of March, but we did not front load my OH medicals so they were done on May 1st so I don't suppose we have waited long but when you hear some people got theirs in days its so frustrating!! I guess I am just having a fed up day! Flights are going up all the time and I just want to get stuff organised.

Will keep you posted!! Fingers crossed yours goes ok!!

Caz
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.