Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old May 4th 2008, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by esteeandrew
Good luck with that... our application was frontloaded 6 weeks ago and we are still waiting! They seem to have a serious backlog of applications and I know of 2 CO's on leave. We decided to wait before we book our tickets and I am happy we did because I would not have been able to handle the stress.

I don't want to be negative, but I don't know if telling them about your flight will help... I know of someone who was pregnant and had a to fly before she was 5 months pregnant, and even though the CO knew this they still took their time!
Friends of ours sent off their application almost 3 weeks ago and they have just had their passports returned, all successful! Exactly the same position as me (3 of us moving, spouse visa, but only myself who needs a visa) So I'm not gonna worry too much, it's not ideal I know but this is the only way we could make our application.
Old May 4th 2008, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

taffgmg will become famous soon enoughtaffgmg will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by esteeandrew
Yes, we lodged in London as we live in Kent. Our application is perfect (our agent said that it is the best application she has ever had), so we know that it is not taking this long because we don't have the correct information/paperwork. They are just seriously swamped and the Aus and UK public holidays aren't helping. No one has moved on Austimeline.com for at least 2 weeks, so I don't even want to think how many applications they have.

Don't want to be pessimistic, but it might be a good idea for you to think about what you are going to do IF (and I hope this is not the case) the visa has not been granted before June.

Austimeline is a brilliant website, because you can see exactly who everyone else is doing. Currently we are about 5 waiting for our visas - some even since Feb. Unfortunately not everyone knows/uses Austimeline, so it is a bit difficult to get a complete picture, but I would recommend that you add your info there and look at it daily to see how the timeline is progressing.

Maybe everyone using this thread should also register so that we have a better idea of the backlog and status?
Hadnt heard of austimeline.com. Will give it a look. Thankyou!
Martyn

Last edited by taffgmg; May 4th 2008 at 5:42 pm.
Old May 4th 2008, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point

just signed up for the austimeline site, looks helpful, cheers.

check out this guy... http://www.austimeline.com/aus/displayApp.jsp?id=5723

looks like this app was turned around pretty rapidly!! fingers crossed!
Old May 4th 2008, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Lets hope so! Fingers crossed!!
Old May 4th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by scor
Hi, quick question..

I NEED to get my visa application sent off on monday as my flight is on June 11th. All I need now is to get some photos and photocopies certified. I've called round all the local solicitors and none of them will do it for under 75 quid.. is this normal? Seems expensive for 5 minutes of signing documents...

Where did you guys get yours signed?
My local magistrates clerk did mine gratis. Ludlow probably nowhere near you but it might be worth trying your local one. Q
Old May 5th 2008, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by quercus
My local magistrates clerk did mine gratis. Ludlow probably nowhere near you but it might be worth trying your local one. Q
We got ours certified at a local solicitors called Ashfords. They certified about a dozen documents for free and said come back if we needed more. I think they are part of a national chain...............
Old May 6th 2008, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Hi again all,

I have to say this is a great thread and some of the people here have been a great help and given me hope and encouragement. I'm looking to submit my application at the end of next month, which thanks to people here is well within my reach as I now know what is required in getting it all together as im looking to fontload everything.

Also the processing times seem fairly quick, but then I guess this depends on whether you submit everything straight away? Medicals turn out ok etc?

Im looking to submit my police check this week and redo the new version of the 47SP. Me and my fiancee are also continuing to make wedding plans now we have a celebrant and date set
Old May 6th 2008, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

quick question - we have an appointment to get docs certified later this week for our spouse visa. Is it just the following we need to get certified:

2 x passports (applicant & spouse)
2 x birth certificates (applicant & spouse)
1 x marriage certificate

we don't have any children/divorces/other name changes/adoptions/custody arrangements/military serve etc

we already have a selection of statutory declarations from friends & family in the UK & Australia - certified where required

do we need to get our own written statements certified?

Am determined to get this application submitted by the end of the week!!
Old May 7th 2008, 12:45 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donovandenese
quick question - we have an appointment to get docs certified later this week for our spouse visa. Is it just the following we need to get certified:

2 x passports (applicant & spouse)
2 x birth certificates (applicant & spouse)
1 x marriage certificate

we don't have any children/divorces/other name changes/adoptions/custody arrangements/military serve etc

we already have a selection of statutory declarations from friends & family in the UK & Australia - certified where required

do we need to get our own written statements certified?

Am determined to get this application submitted by the end of the week!!
Yes, you are right, just passports, birth certs and marriage certs in your case as no divorces etc..... You don't need to get your personal statements certified - we didn't.

Good luck with getting your application in at the end of the week!! Its a momentous thing handing it over to the Post Office special delivery - I didn't feel entirely happy letting go of it - although was also sick of the sight of it! Yes, I know that makes no real sense!
Old May 7th 2008, 10:43 am
Just Joined

scottishlass is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Hi everyone,

I am looking to submit my application for 309 as soon as my police check comes back, should be here by friday fingers crossed! Already frontloaded meds. My question is.. the 47p form asks me how much money I intend to take to Australia, does this matter? I am not sure at the moment but it probably won't be much as it's all going on the actual migration! are they looking for a certain amount and if it's below that they think you are just going to try and sponge off people?
Old May 7th 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scottishlass
Hi everyone,

I am looking to submit my application for 309 as soon as my police check comes back, should be here by friday fingers crossed! Already frontloaded meds. My question is.. the 47p form asks me how much money I intend to take to Australia, does this matter? I am not sure at the moment but it probably won't be much as it's all going on the actual migration! are they looking for a certain amount and if it's below that they think you are just going to try and sponge off people?
Hi Scottishlass

I also havent filled in that question yet either, but only because I dont know how much im taking, although I got a rough idea as to how much im taking to help me get by until I get a job and help my fiancee with the usual, like food etc.

I've not heard that they are looking for a certain amount so I can only assume it doesnt matter....
Old May 7th 2008, 9:54 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishlass
Hi everyone,

I don't think it matters all that much really from what I have read from other posters. I know of at least a couple of people who had virtually nothing in savings and their visas were approved.

I did have some money to bring with me but I also did a statement enclosing an open testimonial from a former employer saying what a splendid person I am and that any firm would be lucky to get me (I didn't even have to pay him to say this, thats how pleased he was to see the back of me ) - anyway, seriously, my point is that if you don't have the financial backing and it is your intention to work, then maybe do a statement with your future plans for employment etc and maybe even say that whilst you are not bringing much money with you, you and your fiance will manage financially and will be doing x,y,z to achieve this. If nothing else it might put your own mind at rest.

Good luck with it all!!
Old May 8th 2008, 4:58 pm
Lil
Just Joined

Lil is a jewel in the roughLil is a jewel in the roughLil is a jewel in the roughLil is a jewel in the roughLil is a jewel in the rough

Hi...this is my first ever message!!!

I submitted my de facto yesterday at Australia House, London and had sooooo many things given back to me in one go. The guy said I had too much and only wanted the forms, bank statements, police check, and personal id's. I had to beg for him to accept our phone records as my boyfriend is back in Melbourne for the past few months.

He had lived together for the previous 18 so that helped him not completely giving me back everything!

Fingers and toes crossed for all of us!
Old May 8th 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Lil, welcome and good luck! I'll be submitting my PMV by hand at Australia House next month!

Thanks for the advice there SillyOldBag, I may do the same myself, although im looking to submit emails ive had from a friend of my fiancee who works for a company who could possibly employ me if all goes well!
Old May 8th 2008, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

I submitted my 309 Spouse visa forms on 4th April, the police check was forwarded last week but I have just learnt today that there has been a delay on my blood test results from my medical which was Monday last week. In summary the medical results wont be forwarded to Australia House until middle of next week.

Does anyone know whether Australia House wait for all elements of the application to arrive before considering it or do they consider each item on receipt. Just wondering whether the delayed medicals is going to furher delay a decision if you get my drift.......our house sale is powering head when really we could do with slowing it down just in case there is a serious issue with my application.

Once the medicals arrive how long realistically will I have to wait for a decision

Nice problem to have but still a worry!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.