Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by jutang
You need to completly honest with all question,as if they find out you have lied or not told the whole truth you could have your visa taken away.
Have you downloaded the medical form yet ? If not, download it, will give you an idea of what questions they ask and what you have to be tested for , one of the questions on the form is :- have you ever suffered form depression and had medical treatment, which the answer is yes and then you have alittle box on thye right to explain, but med doc wil do this for you, mine did it for me - as I wasnt too sure what I needed to reveal, but the med doc said be honest about everything!! you wil be fine

Yes, Gold Coast is great!! Cant wait to go back!! only 71 days!!
But i wil miss my family and friends, be alright for the first month as they wil all be there for the wedding,but once they go
No I havent downloaded the medical form yet, didnt know there was one, where can I downlod it from? Just to take a look and give me an idea as to what to expect from the medical. I dont really have a problem disclosing my depression as I do want to be completely honest with immigration and especially as I am well over it now.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:56 pm
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
No I havent downloaded the medical form yet, didnt know there was one, where can I downlod it from? Just to take a look and give me an idea as to what to expect from the medical. I dont really have a problem disclosing my depression as I do want to be completely honest with immigration and especially as I am well over it now.
Ok, these are the forms you will need :-

40SP, 47SP, FORM 80 (Character form, you include your police check with this ) MED FORM 26 & TB XRAY FORM 180

And if you look @ the booklet 1 , which you wil fnd here :- http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm

This helps loads, as its a step by step guide of how to preper your application. Have a read through bookelet 1 and all forms and if you have any questions, just ask me.

Do not worry, once you start the process its quite easy
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:59 pm

jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Ok, these are the forms you will need :-

40SP, 47SP, FORM 80 (Character form, you include your police check with this ) MED FORM 26 & TB XRAY FORM 180

And if you look @ the booklet 1 , which you wil fnd here :- http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm

This helps loads, as its a step by step guide of how to preper your application. Have a read through bookelet 1 and all forms and if you have any questions, just ask me.

Do not worry, once you start the process its quite easy
P.s you download all forms from the Immi website ;- http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/appl...rms_alpha1.htm

they are in alphabetical order, so just search under partner, character * medicals or health
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Thanks Jutang, thats great!

In regards to police checks - I spent 3 months in the US from November 2001 to January 2002 on a 3 month holiday, will I need a police check for this too?
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:08 pm

Thanks Jutang, thats great!

In regards to police checks - I spent 3 months in the US from November 2001 to January 2002 on a 3 month holiday, will I need a police check for this too?

Hi, no probs. You only need police checks for anywhere you have lived 12 months or longer - so no you do not need to get a police check for USA.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, no probs. You only need police checks for anywhere you have lived 12 months or longer - so no you do not need to get a police check for USA.
Ah thats a relief, was really worried there for a second! Took a look at the med and character forms and they dont seem too stressful to fill in, also saw the stat dec forms too...

Now with those is it a case of the more people that complete one the better? My fiancee has friends who are happy to complete one and I have family and friends here who can do it too.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:28 pm

Ah thats a relief, was really worried there for a second! Took a look at the med and character forms and they dont seem too stressful to fill in, also saw the stat dec forms too...

Now with those is it a case of the more people that complete one the better? My fiancee has friends who are happy to complete one and I have family and friends here who can do it too.
yeh the forms are pretty self expanatory, with regards to the stat decs (888), I got 3 peeps from Oz to fil them in, but I suppose the more peeps the better. Also photocopy everything, cos you will need to redo some of the forms (for spouse & PR) and it wil be easier when you do for your spouse and PR and try filing everything now before you go, thats what I am doing, as it wil make it easier when you apply for your spouse, you wil be far more organised
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

yeh the forms are pretty self expanatory, with regards to the stat decs (888), I got 3 peeps from Oz to fil them in, but I suppose the more peeps the better. Also photocopy everything, cos you will need to redo some of the forms (for spouse & PR) and it wil be easier when you do for your spouse and PR and try filing everything now before you go, thats what I am doing, as it wil make it easier when you apply for your spouse, you wil be far more organised
Yeah my fiancee has said exactly the same thing, we're going to photocopy everything. We're also looking to submit everything with folders, labels etc and present it neatly and organized, this should make it easier for immigration to go through everything thus speeding up the process, even if only slightly?

It seems like a lot of work, or is it just me? Although I know it'll be worth it in the end!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:08 pm

Yeah my fiancee has said exactly the same thing, we're going to photocopy everything. We're also looking to submit everything with folders, labels etc and present it neatly and organized, this should make it easier for immigration to go through everything thus speeding up the process, even if only slightly?

It seems like a lot of work, or is it just me? Although I know it'll be worth it in the end!

Yeh I put everything in a folder and sub headed everything, its far easier for Immi to look @ then - you are on the right track, just a case of puttin g it all together - its not so much hard work, patience is required and organisational skills, you will be fine!!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Yeh I put everything in a folder and sub headed everything, its far easier for Immi to look @ then - you are on the right track, just a case of puttin g it all together - its not so much hard work, patience is required and organisational skills, you will be fine!!
Thanks so much Jutang, you've made it easier for me to get my things together and have a much better idea of what I need to do. I just want to be in Brisbane with my wife to be.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:54 pm

Thanks so much Jutang, you've made it easier for me to get my things together and have a much better idea of what I need to do. I just want to be in Brisbane with my wife to be. :

(
No worries, anytime! You wil be there soon anything else you need to know just PM me.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

taffgmg will become famous soon enoughtaffgmg will become famous soon enough

We received an acknowledgement (via email) from Australia House today regarding my Spouse Visa application which we posted on 14th April. Email contained a reference number, some details about having to enter Australia within 1 year along with a commitment to process the application as quickly as possible on receipt of my meds and Police check. Meds booked for Monday 28th. 40 days expires for the Police checks around about 6th May.

Fingers crossed........
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Good luck Taff, hope it all works out for you

Does anyone know if there is a form for when you write your statement about your relationship with your partner, future plans etc?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:37 am
Just Joined

bella.b is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the process of doing my written statement and I am just typing it out. From what I can remember it says that you can use a Stat Dec form but for the details they are asking for you to provide the form is nowhere near big enough! It also says that it can be done on normal writing paper which is what we are doing. Good luck with it - ours are an ongoing challenge as once you start you keep remembering other things and adding to it - its gonna be a bestseller!!!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

taffgmg will become famous soon enoughtaffgmg will become famous soon enough

We typed our declarations about each other on plain paper. We didnt use the stat declaration forms as there wasnt really enough space as our declarations extended to over 5 pages each. (Bore the pants of someone up there at Australia House...........)

We then typed at the bottom something along the lines of " We declare that the above is truthful and accurate statement of our relationship" and signed and dated it in front of a friend who is a GP who then signed to say she had witnessed our signatures.

Probably totally over the top but there we go....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.