Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:05 am
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Thanks a lot for that donovandenese

How much can I expect the medical to cost and how long will I wait for results etc?

Yeh , you need to use the panel docs on the immi website.

Costs differ everywhere, I paid £70 for my TB X ray and £170 for my meds around those prices anyways and I live in Wales, I would assume England would be a bit more expensive and it all depends on whether you just have bog standard meds or if they find anything wrong with you which may need further tests. I had to pay extra cos I had to have an extra blood tests for HEP B&C cos of my tattoo, but apart from that everything was fine.
I waited 1 week for my results and they were sent straight up to Immi, but I think my panel doc wanted everything done quickly as she was retiring and I was her last panel med so I nwas quite lucky. I would say 1-2 weeks waiting time and then they send onto Immi via registered post, which you pay for too.
hope this helps.

P.s Meds are easy - pretty straight forward

Good luck!!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

i had mine done in Manchester - cost less than £200 for meds plus xray plus postage. they always send them direct to immigration - you don't get to see them (although according to the doc - if they find anything wrong they are obliged to contact you to let you know)
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 12:10 pm

jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Originally Posted by donovandenese
i had mine done in Manchester - cost less than £200 for meds plus xray plus postage. they always send them direct to immigration - you don't get to see them (although according to the doc - if they find anything wrong they are obliged to contact you to let you know)
Thats a real good price, mine were originally total cost of £200 until I had to have hepb&c blood test & VAT, I think mine were slightly more expensive cos I had my x ray in a seperate clinic - could be why or I got ripped off LOL
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by jutang
Thats a real good price, mine were originally total cost of £200 until I had to have hepb&c blood test & VAT, I think mine were slightly more expensive cos I had my x ray in a seperate clinic - could be why or I got ripped off LOL
P.s With reagards to contacting you if something wrong - they wil. My doc said she would contact me by Friday if anything wrong and I had mine done on the Monday. I was all ok!! Woo hoo
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Thanks for the help guys

Although how can you frontload everything if the doctor sends your medical directly to immigration?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

immigration will match the medical up with your application, you could mention in your covering letter that its been done
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:18 pm

Thanks for the help guys

Although how can you frontload everything if the doctor sends your medical directly to immigration?
Yes, when you get your medicals done, keep the receipt from your meds, my med doc xray and bloods gave me a paper receipt for each on their business paper and I put it in my application under sub heading medicals, this is enough to let immi know you have had them done, also when they do your meds you write all your info on the medical questionnaire sheet i.e what visa you are applying for , passport number etc etc , so immi can match up. So just include med receipt and covering letter saying you have had them done.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Yes, when you get your medicals done, keep the receipt from your meds, my med doc xray and bloods gave me a paper receipt for each on their business paper and I put it in my application under sub heading medicals, this is enough to let immi know you have had them done, also when they do your meds you write all your info on the medical questionnaire sheet i.e what visa you are applying for , passport number etc etc , so immi can match up. So just include med receipt and covering letter saying you have had them done.
Thanks Jutang, you've been a great help!

I just want to get back to Brisbane as soon as I can to be with my fiancee, and because of this I want to frontload everything, we're speaking every day and at least application/wedding plans are underway, would love to get over there by October.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 3:09 pm

Thanks Jutang, you've been a great help!

I just want to get back to Brisbane as soon as I can to be with my fiancee, and because of this I want to frontload everything, we're speaking every day and at least application/wedding plans are underway, would love to get over there by October.

No worries, bet you cant wait to see your Fiancee!!
I dont know what I would of done if my OH hadnt of come back to UK with me , must be really hard for you, but hopefully if you send your application soon, frontload everything you will be there sooner, mine took 3 days to come through so it is a pretty quick application as long as you forntload everything and no health or character probs.
We are heading to the Gold Coast (hour form Brissie) on the 3rd July - cant wait!!
If you need to ask anything just PM and Pollyana is realy good too as she has been through the whole PMV-SPOUSE-PR stage, so she knows it all.

Good luck!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

3 days?!?! Holy......

I'd be happy to wait a month or 6 weeks, coming back to the UK alone was hard but has only made me more determined to get back there and start a new life with my fiancee.

I was going to PM you Jutang, but didn't want to be a pain in the bum
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 3:58 pm

3 days?!?! Holy......

I'd be happy to wait a month or 6 weeks, coming back to the UK alone was hard but has only made me more determined to get back there and start a new life with my fiancee.

I was going to PM you Jutang, but didn't want to be a pain in the bum
It shouldnt take that long at all, as long as you know you have no character probs or health probs then you wil be fine. Just when you do the application include as much info as poss, pictures, bank statements, emails to each other, aanything which shows you as a couple , holiday tickets, E tickets or stubs etc etc, cover every aspect - stay one step ahead and bang on in your statements about your future how important it is that you are together soon so you can start your lives etc etc, I know it wil feel strange telling your personal plans and goals to a complete stranger but sod it, its worth it!!
PM me anytime
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

It shouldnt take that long at all, as long as you know you have no character probs or health probs then you wil be fine. Just when you do the application include as much info as poss, pictures, bank statements, emails to each other, aanything which shows you as a couple , holiday tickets, E tickets or stubs etc etc, cover every aspect - stay one step ahead and bang on in your statements about your future how important it is that you are together soon so you can start your lives etc etc, I know it wil feel strange telling your personal plans and goals to a complete stranger but sod it, its worth it!!
PM me anytime
Well I know I wont have any character probs as I dont have any criminal offences, involved in criminal activity or anything of that sort. I'm generally in good health, but I did suffer from depression about 5 years ago, but have completely recovered from that and dont take any medication right now, for anything.

We have photos, recent ones and some from 2002 when we first met. We have a joint bank account in Brisbane with money in there for the wedding, have emails, christmas/valentines day cards, couple of letters, my travel documents from my recent trip to Brisbane etc. We have a plan of our life together too aswell as the wedding already being booked. I just want to submit my application now!!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 11:45 am

Well I know I wont have any character probs as I dont have any criminal offences, involved in criminal activity or anything of that sort. I'm generally in good health, but I did suffer from depression about 5 years ago, but have completely recovered from that and dont take any medication right now, for anything.

We have photos, recent ones and some from 2002 when we first met. We have a joint bank account in Brisbane with money in there for the wedding, have emails, christmas/valentines day cards, couple of letters, my travel documents from my recent trip to Brisbane etc. We have a plan of our life together too aswell as the wedding already being booked. I just want to submit my application now!!
Sounds like you have lots of supporting evidence -= you could submit it now if you want and submit the police checks and meds when you receive them ? Have you booked your meds yet ? As you can just say they are booked and will follow on.

With regards to your depression, just be honest and say you do not suffer anymore from it, get your doc to print off your medical history for the depression, so if they want the history it doesnt delay time (as they may need to contact doc themselves ect ect which may take some time) and if you give them med history they wont have to. I said I suffered from anxiety when I get stressed and they didnt question it, I know slightly different to depression , but still a mental illness. My anxiety levels are quite high @ mo LOL with trying ot organise wedding and emigrating, but all good!!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Sounds like you have lots of supporting evidence -= you could submit it now if you want and submit the police checks and meds when you receive them ? Have you booked your meds yet ? As you can just say they are booked and will follow on.

With regards to your depression, just be honest and say you do not suffer anymore from it, get your doc to print off your medical history for the depression, so if they want the history it doesnt delay time (as they may need to contact doc themselves ect ect which may take some time) and if you give them med history they wont have to. I said I suffered from anxiety when I get stressed and they didnt question it, I know slightly different to depression , but still a mental illness. My anxiety levels are quite high @ mo LOL with trying ot organise wedding and emigrating, but all good!!
Yeah I remember a question on the form I had to complete (47SP?) and I wasn't sure if mentioning my depression would hinder me, but as its no longer affecting me I figured it wont so need to add details of that before submitting, honesty best policy eh?

We're just currently getting all the evidence and other bits and pieces together so cant submit the application just yet, but we're already being thorough with it all and making sure we can frontload everything before submitting, I just want to get back and start my new life ASAP!

Spent some time down the gold coast when I was in Brisbane, loved it!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:19 pm

Yeah I remember a question on the form I had to complete (47SP?) and I wasn't sure if mentioning my depression would hinder me, but as its no longer affecting me I figured it wont so need to add details of that before submitting, honesty best policy eh?

We're just currently getting all the evidence and other bits and pieces together so cant submit the application just yet, but we're already being thorough with it all and making sure we can frontload everything before submitting, I just want to get back and start my new life ASAP!

Spent some time down the gold coast when I was in Brisbane, loved it!

You need to completly honest with all question,as if they find out you have lied or not told the whole truth you could have your visa taken away.
Have you downloaded the medical form yet ? If not, download it, will give you an idea of what questions they ask and what you have to be tested for , one of the questions on the form is :- have you ever suffered form depression and had medical treatment, which the answer is yes and then you have alittle box on thye right to explain, but med doc wil do this for you, mine did it for me - as I wasnt too sure what I needed to reveal, but the med doc said be honest about everything!! you wil be fine

Yes, Gold Coast is great!! Cant wait to go back!! only 71 days!!
But i wil miss my family and friends, be alright for the first month as they wil all be there for the wedding,but once they go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.