Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Apr 19th 2008, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

will probably stay with my husbands parents, Tea Tree Gully area, until we have jobs sorted, then rent for a while. Luckily we didn't have a house to sell here so none of that stress, but still seems to be a million and one things to worry about!!
Old Apr 19th 2008, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

can anyone offer any advice on sending supporting evidence with the spouse visa application?

I have over 5 years of evidence to send so trying to pull togther the most important stuff, a few things for each year and each address we've lived at - just wondering:

- do I need to send original tenancy agreements, utility bills, bank statements, proof of employment, cards & letters etc or can I send photocopies?

- do I have to send original photo's or am I ok to scan them in and send a few A4 pages full of photos - maybe a page for each year - showing a selection of pics of us as a couple with family/friends, our wedding, our travels etc over the years?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:48 am
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Originally Posted by donovandenese
can anyone offer any advice on sending supporting evidence with the spouse visa application?

I have over 5 years of evidence to send so trying to pull togther the most important stuff, a few things for each year and each address we've lived at - just wondering:

- do I need to send original tenancy agreements, utility bills, bank statements, proof of employment, cards & letters etc or can I send photocopies?

- do I have to send original photo's or am I ok to scan them in and send a few A4 pages full of photos - maybe a page for each year - showing a selection of pics of us as a couple with family/friends, our wedding, our travels etc over the years?
Hi ,

I sent as much info as poss as there is very little chance of them contacting you then and asking for more, as this can delay the visa process.

Yep you need to send all correspondance in both names, utility bills, joint bank statements, tenancy agreements, proof of amployment and wages for the sponsor (person who is sposoring spouse) for the last two years, cards & letters, Im sure you can send photocopies I did for wage slips, but things like bank statements and cards etc etc, send originals and just write a covering letter stating you want them back and include a self addressed stamped special del envelope, as you can track these if for soem reason they get lost - very unlikely though.

You can scan pics, but I just made a folder up of printed pictures and wrote little notes by them of where we were and who we are with, I stuck pics to A4 paper and shoved it all in a folder, I asked for this back too and got it, so when I applly for my 2nd stage spouse after we get married, i wil just add recent pics to it, yep pics of hols together, family get togethers and celebrations and also you could send proof of your hols together like old ticket stubs or email e tickets.

You wil be fine, as long as genuine relationship and no health or character probs - although I can emphasise with the visa process, it is stressful!!

Good luck!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:55 am

jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Originally Posted by taffgmg
Hi Again,

A question if I may. Just wondering what the chances are regarding our visa application based on previous experience on here.

Our situation is as follows......

Met on Overland truck in Africa 2001
I returned to UK, my wife to Adelaide
Number of trip backs and for until July 2003 when Mel moved to UK
Joint bank account history from July 2003
Joint mortgage from March 2004
Son born in 2006
Another baby expected in Sept this year.
Put house on market April 3rd and agreed sale on the 10th which caught us out big time as we expected it to take months
Submitted Visa application on 14th April
Need to leave UK by 22nd July otherwise my wife cant fly

Bit worried about the baby that is due because my wife will obviously not be able to work and "support me" when we first get there as we want to go asap obviously......will this impact our application. We do have some equity in the house if that helps.....

Bit worried about medical as well..........

What do you thinks are chances are of i) getting a visa ii) getting it before Middle of July.

Cheers

Martyn
Melanie
Harry
+bump
Hi,

My visa took 3 days, but I frontloaded meds and police checks, it shouldnt take longer than a month, im sure you will be fine

they only ask for AOS if there is a risk of you claiming benefits when you arrive in OZ, I woudl assume if you had no work history or quals and had claimed of the state in the UK, so I wouldnt worry about that, i wouls also start looking for jobs now and any replies you get keep them on file to prove you are looking for work - but honestly really dont think you need to worry :_ Good luck!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Hello all,

I was directed here by Pollyana who has been a great help to me so far. Anyway my story....Well I am 29 years old and living in Cambridge, England and my partner is 30 living in Brisbane. She is an australian citizen and we first met back in 2002 when we were both living in London, we was together for 6 months before she went back for personal reasons and we soon split and lost contact. Last year we got back in touch and have been together now for 6 months. We plan to get married and im going there in 2 weeks to pop the big one!

I have been looking at getting a Pros Marriage Visa and just wanted to hear of people who already have one. What evidence did you supply? How long did it take including police and medical checks? I'll also point out my partner has her own house with mortgage and a "government" job working at a hospital. Although we have never supported each other financially but going by what Pollyana says this wont be a problem just yet.

Would love to hear others' stories, what my chances are, other peoples timelines etc...

Thanks.
Hi again all,

Haven't posted here for a few weeks (the above post was my first) as I have been in Brisbane for the last 2 and a half weeks. Anyway I popped the big question and she said yes!!

We have started the application process, we have just about filled out the 47SP and 40SP forms, we have booked the wedding with a celebrant for 31st January 2009, we have a joint bank account with money paid in towards the big day. We are now getting photos together etc and my fiancee is getting her info together with her sponsorship form and we in the process of getting stat decs from family/friends. I have also today started enquiring about a police check but need more info on getting a medical booked as I/we are looking to frontload EVERYTHING at time of application, which will be handed to the London office by hand.

I currently work for a computer games company and my fiancee knows of someone who works with another games company in Brisbane who seem interested in my current job role and experiences, so will contact them this week.

Am I right in saying that if you frontload everything, it will speed up the process and therefore increasing your chances of being granted the visa quicker? Any other help would be great too.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Hi again all,

Haven't posted here for a few weeks (the above post was my first) as I have been in Brisbane for the last 2 and a half weeks. Anyway I popped the big question and she said yes!!

We have started the application process, we have just about filled out the 47SP and 40SP forms, we have booked the wedding with a celebrant for 31st January 2009, we have a joint bank account with money paid in towards the big day. We are now getting photos together etc and my fiancee is getting her info together with her sponsorship form and we in the process of getting stat decs from family/friends. I have also today started enquiring about a police check but need more info on getting a medical booked as I/we are looking to frontload EVERYTHING at time of application, which will be handed to the London office by hand.

I currently work for a computer games company and my fiancee knows of someone who works with another games company in Brisbane who seem interested in my current job role and experiences, so will contact them this week.

Am I right in saying that if you frontload everything, it will speed up the process and therefore increasing your chances of being granted the visa quicker? Any other help would be great too.
Sounds like you have everything organised and the ball rolling well!!

If you front load everything it wil speed up the process as they do not need to contact you to ask for anything. Good luck!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Thanks Jutang.

Does anyone know how I go about getting a medical arranged? We're looking to frontload everything as we dont want to waste another day!!

Also, when its approved and you get the visa, can you leave for Australia straight away or are you given a date to enter the country?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

if you go to the link below there is a list of all the doctors in the UK who do medicals for Australia - just give one a call

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/over...el-doctors.htm

when the visa is granted you are given a date you must enter by - a year from the date on your medical or police checks - whichever has the earliest date
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:05 pm
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all
Question Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Hello all -

heres the deal, I was born in Oz with Oz father but came to live in UK when I was 3, have been back for a year in 1995 and now I have a 7 month old baby son have decided that we would like to live in Oz as a family.

We were looking at the spouse visa option and I noted on the Australian High Commission website the following:

However, you may be granted a permanent visa without having to wait if you can demonstrate one of the following:

at the time you apply for the visa, you have been in a spouse relationship with your partner for five (5) years or more
at the time you apply,

you have been in a spouse relationship with your partner for two (2) years or more, and there are dependent children of your relationship

your spouse was granted a Protection visa or a permanent visa under the humanitarian program and you were in the relationship before the visa was granted and this had been declared to the department at the time.

Note: Generally, you should be living with your partner in a spouse relationship at the time you apply.

We have been married for 7 1/2 years now and together for 12 years and have a child so fit into the stipulation above.

Reading through the posts on here it seems that noone has got a perm visa straight away and has had to wait the 2 years (to be fair after the 50th page I stopped looking so apologies if this has been covered before).

Is this because noone is in the same position as us or is it because they dont hand out the perm visas that easily?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi there - we too are hoping for a perm visa straight away - we are married with over 5 years de facto, no children - application about to be submitted! the advice on here seems to be that if you have children or have clear evidence of over 5 years then you will be given a perm visa - its not at the discretion of the case officer. fingers crossed!!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

taffgmg will become famous soon enoughtaffgmg will become famous soon enough

Hi - we submitted our spouse visa application here in the UK last week and were thinking the same thing. My wife and I have been in a relationship for 6years and 10 months and married for 3 years 5 months.

Temp or Permanent - We will have to see. At this stage I dont really care as long as they say YES!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Hi we are hoping for a perm visa straight away,Married 14 years, three children.

My brother partner got a permanent visa straight away they are not married but have two children ages 9 and 3 at time of applying.

Could I ask a question. I am sponsering my Husband but am not intending to work immediatly. I am working at present will this affect our application. Husband is able to continue his job over there . so will be the supporting one.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:22 pm
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by flodsfive
Hi we are hoping for a perm visa straight away,Married 14 years, three children.

My brother partner got a permanent visa straight away they are not married but have two children ages 9 and 3 at time of applying.

Could I ask a question. I am sponsering my Husband but am not intending to work immediatly. I am working at present will this affect our application. Husband is able to continue his job over there . so will be the supporting one.
I am also a little worried about that one, I currently am self employed here but if we go to Oz OH will be the earner at first as I have a baby.
Has anyone else been in the situation where the sponsor would not be working? If so did you still get the visa?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by taffgmg
Hi - we submitted our spouse visa application here in the UK last week and were thinking the same thing. My wife and I have been in a relationship for 6years and 10 months and married for 3 years 5 months.

Temp or Permanent - We will have to see. At this stage I dont really care as long as they say YES!
Pretty much the same as me. I had been with my wife 6 years and had plenty of evidence to back it up, been married 2 years. Was granted permanent residency straight away. Think if you can prove that you've been together 5 years no matter how long you've been married then you'll get PR.

Good luck

Last edited by smudger_scfc; Apr 22nd 2008 at 8:39 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by donovandenese
if you go to the link below there is a list of all the doctors in the UK who do medicals for Australia - just give one a call

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/over...el-doctors.htm

when the visa is granted you are given a date you must enter by - a year from the date on your medical or police checks - whichever has the earliest date
Thanks a lot for that donovandenese

How much can I expect the medical to cost and how long will I wait for results etc?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.