Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

esteeandrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by flodsfive
I did'nt know they did BMI, thats why my oh has gone a fitness and diet campaign. Has it got to be within cirtain limits.
Yeah but they are not very clear what these limits are, hence my worry! Some say 30, some 35 and others 40....

I wish they will just give us this kind of information as it is extremely cruel to make us stress like this!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Originally Posted by esteeandrew
Yeah but they are not very clear what these limits are, hence my worry! Some say 30, some 35 and others 40....

I wish they will just give us this kind of information as it is extremely cruel to make us stress like this!
Hi, I've just done a quick search for any info. did'nt come up with alot. except a case last year where a chap had a BMI of 42 and was told to go on a diet he did and a few months later he got his visa. so hopefully not to bad for a worse case scenario.

I'm sure your be fine.

I think the whole process is just so stressful.:curse:

To top it all off the pound has nosedived today making any dream house even further away.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by esteeandrew
I did my medical today - feel so worried now!!! I thought it would be better after actually doing the medical, but now it feesl worse!

Everything was fine except my BMI.... and now we will probably have to wait another 2 -3 weeks before we now. The wait is what is killing me!!!!!
Originally Posted by flodsfive
I did'nt know they did BMI, thats why my oh has gone a fitness and diet campaign. Has it got to be within cirtain limits.
Hey girls, just wanted to say good luck and try not to stress, it's a nightmare waiting but it'll all be worth it in the end.
Rach
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:51 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I would drop in and say hello

Settling back into life over here in Cairns! Since we (my daughter and I) came back rather quicker than we meant to, due to my fiance's health, my head has been in a bit of a spin since we got back - took a while for my brain to catch up with me!! Thinking its about time I started panicking about the wedding arrangements, or rather the complete lack of them! Well, we do have a celebrant who is being very patient with us thus far! Finding it hard to decide where to get married, what to wear etc... etc... I think if I could picture one or other of those elements then I could start focussing a bit but its all a bit of a mush in my brain! .... and I haven't mentioned we have just over 4 weeks to sort it - or put back the wedding day!! But its just great being all back together again and knowing that this time we don't have to be apart any more!!

Good luck to all that are still going through the process - I'm not looking forward to doing the paperwork all over again for the next stage, that's for sure!!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:04 am
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Just thought I would drop in and say hello

Settling back into life over here in Cairns! Since we (my daughter and I) came back rather quicker than we meant to, due to my fiance's health, my head has been in a bit of a spin since we got back - took a while for my brain to catch up with me!! Thinking its about time I started panicking about the wedding arrangements, or rather the complete lack of them! Well, we do have a celebrant who is being very patient with us thus far! Finding it hard to decide where to get married, what to wear etc... etc... I think if I could picture one or other of those elements then I could start focussing a bit but its all a bit of a mush in my brain! .... and I haven't mentioned we have just over 4 weeks to sort it - or put back the wedding day!! But its just great being all back together again and knowing that this time we don't have to be apart any more!!

Good luck to all that are still going through the process - I'm not looking forward to doing the paperwork all over again for the next stage, that's for sure!!
hey Chicke,

Dont stress you are in Cairns now!! the most laid back place ever!!!
Sounds like you are so glad to be there!!! Why dont you just have a small and personal beach wedding, easy to organsise, just need to make an application to the local council for the beach - juts invite family and close friends - it wil be cool!!!
I on the other hand i am so stressed!! Between ny running which I do and my stress i now weigh 58 kilos, when I had my med I weighed 61!!!!
kilos!!!
Update here, I have nearly all shipping boxes packed, booked flights 3rd July, organised all paperwork for 2nd stage and received my aussie police check, wedding is al booked, car hire is booke d to get to heathrow and amougsnt al this major planning I am still stressed!! What im saying is - do not worry you are not organised - it wil all fall into place!!
I just cant wait to get there, just sent our bank application forms off to london to open our ANZ bank account, only 85 days until we leave!! woo hoo.
Good luck chicke!! keep us updated with your wedding plans!! xx
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

hi folks not been posting for an age, ashamed to say ive been hiding trying to forget we where supposed to be going anywhere so havent got much further than the last time i posted. Anyhow trying to forget is impossible when your house resembles a wharehouse, what with boxes all over the house an all
sooooo digging out the old half filled out forms and getting down to it
also today is my last day at work, (poo job) I have taken the roll of decorator, house seller, packer, etc. hopefully the house will sell quickly when its done and we can finally just go
it`s horrible some days I just want to forget about ti all and just say you know what lets just stay here, but then I realise thats not what we want to do, I am absolutely terrified gotta get back on track. Sorry ive missed everyones news, Im going to try and catch up with how you all have been getting on and must say a special belated congratulations to Keza who got her spouse visa a couple of weeks ago sooo CONGRATS HUNNY:wub
Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

thought I had better post an update on here as I started the thread originally many moons ago!

OH and I had planned to be in Brisbane by early 2008, then it got pushed back, OH got a job starting in July and we were all excited. However some unforeseen family circumstances mean that for now, the whole move is off.......

I am really disappointed and so is OH and his family over there. For now we have to content ourselves with a holiday to Brisbane in May to validate my visa and I guess we have until 2012 to go in properly. However its still very disheartening.

Good luck to all of you with your moves and to those of you who are already there! Have a large glass for me whilst you are sitting on your decks in the sunshine!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:39 pm

jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Originally Posted by RachelH
thought I had better post an update on here as I started the thread originally many moons ago!

OH and I had planned to be in Brisbane by early 2008, then it got pushed back, OH got a job starting in July and we were all excited. However some unforeseen family circumstances mean that for now, the whole move is off.......

I am really disappointed and so is OH and his family over there. For now we have to content ourselves with a holiday to Brisbane in May to validate my visa and I guess we have until 2012 to go in properly. However its still very disheartening.

Good luck to all of you with your moves and to those of you who are already there! Have a large glass for me whilst you are sitting on your decks in the sunshine!
Oh no so sorry to hear, but best things come to those who wait!!! Good luck!! Lets hope you get to emigrate soon!!!!!!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:23 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear your news - it must be so disappointing! I hope that whatever the family circumstances are that prevent you leaving at this point are resolved in the best way possible for everyone concerned. Enjoy your trip in May and just keep positive - you may have to wait but you will make it happen! I'm not really much of a drinker, but I'll raise my mug of tea to you instead. Good luck!!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough
Talking CO emailed, got my visa!!

Hi everybody
At 11.45am today I got an email from CO granting me a 309 temporary spouse visa!! So happy, gonna book flights soon.
Last week CO told me he was swamped with mail and hadn't had a chance to open a letter I sent!!

Here's a bit of a time-line:
7th Feb applied for police check Northumbria (subject access - was told I didnt need a separate check for NI but later found out I did!!)
25th Feb medical and x-ray
6th March posted application
7th March it arrived at Australia House
10th March evening, payment taken
15th March received clear police check (36 days to process)
Fri 28th March (at 5.30pm!!) CO requested Northern Ireland police check
31st March applied for NI check (very helpful and understanding)
5th April received NI check (processed in 4 days!!)
7th April posted this to CO
10th April rang CO
15th April received confirmation email!! (19 years to the month after hubbie first arrived in Oz!!)

Good luck, everyone else waiting, it's such a great feeling to see those words: "I am pleased to inform you that your application for spouse visa has been approved"!!!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:09 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Oh mate! How disappointing! I was only wondering about you the other day, wondering how you were getting on etc.... sorry to hear it's not all going to plan but least it's not forever, just a bit of a delay that's all..... hope it all works out for you soon x
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Oh mate! How disappointing! I was only wondering about you the other day, wondering how you were getting on etc.... sorry to hear it's not all going to plan but least it's not forever, just a bit of a delay that's all..... hope it all works out for you soon x
Medical done and sent off to the strand in london today, flights booked for 11th june.. better get that visa sent off for now!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Holmbridge, West Yorkshire - Heading home to the Goldie!
shelld81 will become famous soon enoughshelld81 will become famous soon enough

Aaaaahhhh poor Rachel! Don't worry some of us have been about since the early days and haven't even applied yet...

Should be taking our application down to London late May.

I've been wondering what you've been up to, been keeping in touch with Kristy, she's just gone home to Brisbane last month.

Does anyone know how to answer Q31 on the updated Character Assessement form (Form 80)? The ask us all the details of our 'proposed' visit to Australia, then ask what is the 'period of time permitted to remain in Aus as authorised on arrival'! I didn't think we knew that until they gave us the visa! Ahhhhhh!

Don't worry Rach, at least you have this part out of the way. We'll keep thinking of you XX
Old Apr 16th 2008, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Hi shelld81,

See your originally from the Gold Coast, thats where I grew up. Where are you from. I lived in Paradise Point. Moved to UK 20 years ago in Oct.

Planning on moving back Nov.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by shelld81
Aaaaahhhh poor Rachel! Don't worry some of us have been about since the early days and haven't even applied yet...

Should be taking our application down to London late May.

I've been wondering what you've been up to, been keeping in touch with Kristy, she's just gone home to Brisbane last month.

Does anyone know how to answer Q31 on the updated Character Assessement form (Form 80)? The ask us all the details of our 'proposed' visit to Australia, then ask what is the 'period of time permitted to remain in Aus as authorised on arrival'! I didn't think we knew that until they gave us the visa! Ahhhhhh!

Don't worry Rach, at least you have this part out of the way. We'll keep thinking of you XX
Hi,

I think I answered unlimited as applying for spouse, If in doubt call the london call centre, they are really helpful - I wil have to look @ my application (copied, always make a 2nd copy to look back on if needs be) as I have it in a file @ home. If I didnt answer unlimited, it was 9 months, then apply for spouse as I was apllying for PMV first then spouse, but I think unlimited would be a good enough answer, but like I said to confirm call the london call centre

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.