Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:31 pm
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Anyone in Oz who went through the prospective marriage route to spouse visa - your experience and advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

BeccaW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jutang
Anyone in Oz who went through the prospective marriage route to spouse visa - your experience and advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Hey you - hows the celebratory hang over?!
I am getting obsessive about checking my emails!! NOTHING! I think I'm going to develop hives soon from stressing so much!! ha ha!

check you out - looking into the next stage! have you booked your flight then?! probably too soon, but I am just feeling your excitement here!!!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:49 pm

jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BeccaW
Hey you - hows the celebratory hang over?!
I am getting obsessive about checking my emails!! NOTHING! I think I'm going to develop hives soon from stressing so much!! ha ha!

check you out - looking into the next stage! have you booked your flight then?! probably too soon, but I am just feeling your excitement here!!!

hey Chick,

I had a migraine over the weekend, prob brought on by all the stress of visa etc etc, so gutted, wales won and I didnt even celebrate it =- grrrr!!

I cant help stressing about the next stage now, but it will be fine!! I know your stress, its horrid isnt it, but all be worth it. your CO wil contact you soon, they are prob waiting on your meds and pcc before they do - no news is good news!! They obviously dont need anything else from you. have you asked your med doc if they have sent your meds off yet ? When did you apply for your poilice check ?

We wil be booking our flights soon, then it wil ,seem so much more real!! Sent off my passport Sat to get it stamped and sent back to me, fingers crossed that gets there ok and back to me ok .
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

HullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the rough

Hi all

When we get some friends to write some stat decs for us, who will need to sign it?

A friend who is a teacher is going to sign our certified copies, but does she need to sign the stat decs and if so does she need to be there when my friend signs them?

Hope thats clear..

Paul
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Kolothuk is an unknown quantity at this point

hey - what visa did you apply for?
You must definitely hear something this week if they said 10 days from 21st Jan. I'm waiting to hear something from immi too ... sent off for PMV first stage a week ago. I know, I'm over reacting! But I atleast want a case officer so I have someone to complain to!!! Hopefully it won't be long. Will keep my fingers crossed for you .... and me!
Interdependency visa
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Well, we got the email yesterday from LCU - OH now has a 100 visa! We work in London so we're going to go and get the sticker in her passport in person. Processing was very quick - we submitted the (front-loaded) application in person on Jan 4th, got the email on Feb 4th!

We've been married 7 years, lived together 10 years, provided joint bank account statements, utilities bills, copies of photos etc going back as far as possible. Also included a load of social stuff like wedding invitations, postcards, Xmas cards etc addressed to both of us over the years. Friendly local solicitor certified all our documents for free (!) - his comment was 'These Australians are a fussy lot!'. Got two old friends in Aus to do the 888's - they have met my OH in Aus on hols, and also when they came over here on hols.

The biggest pain was getting proof of my residence in Aus (I am citizen by grant, born in NZ and moved to Aus when I was 5). Luckily my Dad had old primary school reports, high school reports etc etc to add to my Uni degree and transcript all of which proved I'd been living there a long time, although I moved to the UK in 1996.

A few years ago I got a work permit here in the UK through a local migration agent - he also gave me some free advice a few years later when applying for British PR on basis of marriage, which boiled down to 'Give the case officer loads and loads and loads of evidence, and they'll say yes immediately. Give them the bare minimum and they may smell a rat...'

Anyway, amazed at how quick it all was! Thanks to all on BE for the help and advice.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:57 am
Just Joined

lollyk is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone confirm the address I need to send the application to please as

Migration Branch
Australian High Commission
Strand
London
WC2B 4LA

Cheers
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by lollyk
Can someone confirm the address I need to send the application to please as

Migration Branch
Australian High Commission
Strand
London
WC2B 4LA

Cheers

Correct, send special delivery, with a return special delivery for anything you want returned.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Correct, send special delivery, with a return special delivery for anything you want returned.
Hello! Good news! I heard from immi today!

So happy. He asked me for the PCC, which should be here in 2 weeks, my health checks, which should be with them by the end of this week, and a form 80 - did you fill this in? I didn't know anything about it! Going to take a while to fill that bugger in!

Do you think I should just let my health checks arrive on their own and leave it at that? Or contact my CO and let him know they will be there this week? reason being, when I handed my forms over to the doc, I had ticked 'not yet submitted application' which I hadn't, but obviously by the time they get there now, the application will already be in full swing? I know I am just being really pedantic now!

Ah, bugger you had a migraine on your special weekend! oh well, you still have the next TWO STAGES to get through and celebrate!!! ha ha!!! aaaaaargh!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:23 pm

So happy. He asked me for the PCC, which should be here in 2 weeks, my health checks, which should be with them by the end of this week, and a form 80 - did you fill this in? I didn't know anything about it! Going to take a while to fill that bugger in!

Do you think I should just let my health checks arrive on their own and leave it at that? Or contact my CO and let him know they will be there this week? reason being, when I handed my forms over to the doc, I had ticked 'not yet submitted application' which I hadn't, but obviously by the time they get there now, the application will already be in full swing? I know I am just being really pedantic now!

Ah, bugger you had a migraine on your special weekend! oh well, you still have the next TWO STAGES to get through and celebrate!!! ha ha!!! aaaaaargh!
Hey Chick,

Form 80 is your character checks which you should submit with your police checks, its just another application form, which you need to state your family names, mum and dad, places you have worked, where you have studied and any qualifications, its just another check confriming you are of good character (I think) go to forms on immi website and scroll down to character checks and its there.

I worried about that bit about ticking not having sent your application in yet, but if you read carefully it saks for a ref number or youe case number if you have submitted, so it doesnt matter, cos @ that point of doing your meds you hadnt submitted it.

I just spoke to my CO as i sent my passport off and it got there today and he hasnt received it yet, but he said he should get it this arvo with the mail or tomorrow, i said to him - please dont let it get lost, but I suppose if it does I wil just get another passport

stress stress!! grrrr Congrats anyway hon - you are nearly there!! xx
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Chick,

Form 80 is your character checks which you should submit with your police checks, its just another application form, which you need to state your family names, mum and dad, places you have worked, where you have studied and any qualifications, its just another check confriming you are of good character (I think) go to forms on immi website and scroll down to character checks and its there.

I worried about that bit about ticking not having sent your application in yet, but if you read carefully it saks for a ref number or youe case number if you have submitted, so it doesnt matter, cos @ that point of doing your meds you hadnt submitted it.

I just spoke to my CO as i sent my passport off and it got there today and he hasnt received it yet, but he said he should get it this arvo with the mail or tomorrow, i said to him - please dont let it get lost, but I suppose if it does I wil just get another passport

stress stress!! grrrr Congrats anyway hon - you are nearly there!! xx

Yeh they sent me the form actually. Have printed them all off ... then realised they are asking me to apply for an Australian police check form!!! I think this will take a month to get back, which is fine, but anymore than that and I am buggered! I knew you needed one of those if you had spent 12 months in Oz, but I thought it was 12 months straight, not cumilative!!! aargh! Did you get one of these? Just wondering if I should send an AUD bank draft, or just a normal UK bank cheque.

oh cool, thanks for the advice about the health check form. I will just let it find its way to my co.

Did you send your passport special delivery? I'm sure it won't get lost. Gawd, the last thing you need is another form to fill in to get another passport!!!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:47 pm

Yeh they sent me the form actually. Have printed them all off ... then realised they are asking me to apply for an Australian police check form!!! I think this will take a month to get back, which is fine, but anymore than that and I am buggered! I knew you needed one of those if you had spent 12 months in Oz, but I thought it was 12 months straight, not cumilative!!! aargh! Did you get one of these? Just wondering if I should send an AUD bank draft, or just a normal UK bank cheque.

oh cool, thanks for the advice about the health check form. I will just let it find its way to my co.

Did you send your passport special delivery? I'm sure it won't get lost. Gawd, the last thing you need is another form to fill in to get another passport!!!
No I didnt need a aus police check as only lived there 12 months, but wil need one when I apply for my spouse as I would have been there a month and that totals 12 months all together, apparently aus police checks comes through quicker than uk police check, im not too sure how you would pay for it ? do a search on the forum.

get a trackig number from your med clinic and you can see then if iyour meds have been del.

I did send it special del, but who knows , just wish my CO had it in his hands right now!!!

Will this stress ever end!

Hugs xx
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

lollyk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Kolothuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats excellent, they do seem to be pretty quick.

I haven't heard anything yet but hopefully soon .

I frontloaded the form 80 as well just in case, certainly a lot of information they want. I think the UK immigration system could learn a lot, my Australian partner didn't need anywhere near the same level of detail to get pretty much the same visa (2yr limited leave as partner) for the UK. Only difference is the UK charge a much higher fee.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:23 pm
Subclass 309er

Timbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kolothuk
Thats excellent, they do seem to be pretty quick.

I haven't heard anything yet but hopefully soon .

I frontloaded the form 80 as well just in case, certainly a lot of information they want. I think the UK immigration system could learn a lot, my Australian partner didn't need anywhere near the same level of detail to get pretty much the same visa (2yr limited leave as partner) for the UK. Only difference is the UK charge a much higher fee.
What was the fee out of interest Kolo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.