Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:47 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by HullyBullys
Hi

We are in the process of gathering the information for my wifes spouses visa and was looking into who could certify the copies.

Now if i read the information correctly, then a fully quilifies teacher is able to certify out documents.

I am reading that right or does it need doing by a solicitor?

cheers all
Yeah I think that's right - I got my cousin who is a nurse to certify mine and that seemed to be fine.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:29 pm
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

AUTSTRALIA DAY WEEKEND CELEBRATIONS THIS WEEKEND AND AUSTRALIA DAY PUBLIC HOL ON MONDAY - WOO HOO!!!

Just realised I will be sending off my application this weekend and Immi wil get it Australia Day - Monday!! Hope it brings some good luck for my Golden ticket!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Holmbridge, West Yorkshire - Heading home to the Goldie!
shelld81 will become famous soon enoughshelld81 will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone! Haven't been about on here for ages, had the visa on hold cos we couldn't afford to send it off too early... I was here at the beginning under my man's name Oliver. Just wondering what everyone's doing for Australia Day, unfortunately I'm nowhere near London where it all seems to be going off and I want to get pissed with some fellow travellers. Anyone keen for a drink around Huddersfield? I'm lonely. Good luck to all of you sending away soon, you won't have any problems I know
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie_Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys
I can't seem to find anywhere, where a completed application needs to be sent to. A google search has given me this address:

Migration Branch
Australian High Commission
Strand
London WC2B 4LA

Is this correct?
Thanks
c.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:08 pm
Subclass 309er

Timbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really nice

Originally Posted by HullyBullys
Hi

We are in the process of gathering the information for my wifes spouses visa and was looking into who could certify the copies.

Now if i read the information correctly, then a fully quilifies teacher is able to certify out documents.

I am reading that right or does it need doing by a solicitor?

cheers all
Lot of mixed opinion on this subject. Major documents such as birth/marriage certs/ passports, stat decs etc I would get certified by a solicitor/commissioner of oaths/notary or the like. Everything else such as supporting evidence can be certified by a qualified person such as teacher/nurse/police officer etc. Really depends on how thorough you want to be.

Some people don't get anything certified and have had no problems.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:11 pm
Subclass 309er

Timbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really nice

Originally Posted by Aussie_Chris
Hi Guys
I can't seem to find anywhere, where a completed application needs to be sent to. A google search has given me this address:

Migration Branch
Australian High Commission
Strand
London WC2B 4LA

Is this correct?
Thanks
c.
That's it. What visa type did you end up applying for?
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Bosola has a brilliant futureBosola has a brilliant futureBosola has a brilliant futureBosola has a brilliant futureBosola has a brilliant futureBosola has a brilliant futureBosola has a brilliant futureBosola has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Poppydreams
Bosola - I agree with Jutang. It is entirely up to you, but you can get your medicals done prior to sending in application and then 'frontload' the medicals. In our case, my OH first went to get the X-ray done. Then after, took the x-ray (which is sealed) to the panel doctor for his medical. It is my understanding and our experience, that after the examination, the doctor then prepared the report and sent it directly (by courier which you can opt to pay extra for) to the IMMI. What happens is because you put your details on the medical examination forms these are then held at Australia House until your Application arrives and they then match it up. After the doctor sent my husbands medicals, we emailed the contact centre to check they had received them. I also agree that once you have your Aussie passport, you should consider obtaining citizenship by descent for your 5 children as this will certainly be a lot less hassle and a lot less expensive than if they go on your wife's application. If they went on the application they would have to have medicals as well. Hope this helps and Good luck

Many thanks both of you for your responses. I have citizenship by descent myself but have never actually been to Aus, and as I understand it I need to have lived there for a time before I can claim citizenship by descent for the kids hence the visa applications.

Attended for my passport application today so it should be with us in a couple of weeks. BTW anyone else doing that take note, they really are strict about the size of your face in the photos down to the millimetre. I had to take a photo signed by a guarantor which luckily they accepted for the passport paperwork, but they then sent me off to a local photographic shop to get another one done for the actual passport and then drop it off with them.

As you both suggested I'll check first with the embassy then it's full speed ahead. I just hope the housing market is okay when it comes time to sell...
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Katehn will become famous soon enoughKatehn will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bosola
Hi Guys,
Sorry if this is covered elsewhere but I'm at work and not supposed to be browsing....

I'm off to apply for my Aussie passport tomorrow, after which we'll be applying for visa's for my wife and 5 children. I've seen it mentioned on here that your medicals can be 'preloaded'? The Aussie gov website says to hold off until you're meds are requested, can I just download the forms from the UK site and go ahead with the medicals prior to putting the application in? And if so what happens when the results arrive and there's as yet no corresponding application? We'll be applying in London.

Thanks in advance, we want to get things moving so if we can get the meds and police check out of the way beforehand we figure it will make things easier.

We're looking at Melbourne by the way, as long as the visas are ok and we manage to sell the house we aim to be there this year...

Hi,
I applied for a spouse visa for th oh. He had the medicals and police report done before sending in the application ( there was a 3mth gap before sending in the application).
They match up the reports and the application by the passport number.
The only downside of doing this is that from when the medicals/police report is done you only have 12mths to validate the visa.
to help with the evidence i just sent the childrens birth certs and citizenship by descent certs. , mortgage statement, marriage cert and that was it and the stat decs.
If you haven't done so it is easier and cheaper to apply for citizenship by descent for the children. I think it took 2 weeks for mine to be processed.
We are waiting on OH Visa as i write this.. Fingers crossed.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

HullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Katehn
Hi,
I applied for a spouse visa for th oh. He had the medicals and police report done before sending in the application ( there was a 3mth gap before sending in the application).
They match up the reports and the application by the passport number.
The only downside of doing this is that from when the medicals/police report is done you only have 12mths to validate the visa.
to help with the evidence i just sent the childrens birth certs and citizenship by descent certs. , mortgage statement, marriage cert and that was it and the stat decs.
If you haven't done so it is easier and cheaper to apply for citizenship by descent for the children. I think it took 2 weeks for mine to be processed.
We are waiting on OH Visa as i write this.. Fingers crossed.
Thats right

It only took 1 week to get my kids citizen by descent cets after applying and that was the week before xmas.

Very quick
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

VISA GRANTED

Received in the post today Hubbys passport with visa attached.
There was a moment when we thought the meds were going to have to be done again as there was a bit of a timeb delay between sending meds and application.
This thread and the people responding has been so helpful to me in getting the application sorted out and sent. There was a point when i was considering using a migration agent!

OH has to enter by the 12th May

Hopefully we shall all be there by then as the house sold just after xmas!

Good luck to all of you still waiting
Kate
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

BeccaW is on a distinguished road

Congrats Kate!

That makes 2 of us ditching Essex for Oz!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BeccaW
Congrats Kate!

That makes 2 of us ditching Essex for Oz!
thanks, where abouts are you going ? We are starting in Brissy but hoping to settle on the sunshine coast, depending on work.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jutang
AUTSTRALIA DAY WEEKEND CELEBRATIONS THIS WEEKEND AND AUSTRALIA DAY PUBLIC HOL ON MONDAY - WOO HOO!!!

Just realised I will be sending off my application this weekend and Immi wil get it Australia Day - Monday!! Hope it brings some good luck for my Golden ticket!!!!!!!!!
Hey Jutang - did you get it sent it off ok?!! oh I hope you get good luck cos it gets there on Australia Day! remember to keep me updated!

Had my meds yesterday. Got a lazy eye and couldn't read a damn thing from it! hope it doesn't go against me. Don't wear glasses and other eye is perfect, but he couldn't really say.
So sending mine off Monday! am using big paperclips to separate the sections - what did you use? How much did it cost at post office?
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Katehn
thanks, where abouts are you going ? We are starting in Brissy but hoping to settle on the sunshine coast, depending on work.
Cairns area. OH is from Mareeba/Atherton so wants to live in Atherton but depends on work. He will be working in the mines living away for 2 weeks at a time, I am a journo so would like a nice job at the Cairns Post but who knows!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 3:53 pm
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BeccaW
Hey Jutang - did you get it sent it off ok?!! oh I hope you get good luck cos it gets there on Australia Day! remember to keep me updated!

Had my meds yesterday. Got a lazy eye and couldn't read a damn thing from it! hope it doesn't go against me. Don't wear glasses and other eye is perfect, but he couldn't really say.
So sending mine off Monday! am using big paperclips to separate the sections - what did you use? How much did it cost at post office?
hey Chick,

I sent it off today and have been informed by OH its Aussie day today and Aussie bank hol on Monday, even though it was him that told me Aussie day was the 28th!!I knew he was wrong cos I remember from last year, but he knows best - not!! So all good cos I have sent it off n Aussie day. It cost me £20 to send it as it weighed 2.5k and I paid an extra £6 for a stamped self address return special del envelope so they could send me the paperwork I wanted back, girl in post office was really helpful

Wow about your lazy eye, so you have never noticed that before ?? Thats odd ?? I wouldnt worry too much it hasnt effected you up til now, worst case scenerio they said you to an optician for another eye test, but I cant see any reason why it would effect your application, unless you were completly blind!!

I used a polypocket A4 binder and immi said this was fine, I found that easier as held all together and kept it tidy.

I will keep you updated!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.