Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:43 am
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Cheers will do, Sara is the aussie.We are planning to be back in oz around sept/oct all being well.
Sweet!! fab you wil be in OZ soon, we are laeving July and will be on the Gold Coast, not far from Brissie. we should arrange a big meet when we get there up for everyone who is heading for Brissie this year and peeps who are already there!!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

Oceanspirit1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jutang
Hi,

I certified my passport, OH passport and birth cert to prove he is an aussie citizen and my birth cert, you can get them certified by a JOP or a notary, I had them done by a notary , only cos he certified our notice of intended marriage. i had bank statemenst from Aus certified , only cos I could never replace them and everything else i put in as originals, but immi told me to include a letter asking for the stuff you want back, so bank statements and things like that they should send back. Send everything with the application, your police check , meds receipts and form 80 as they will proces sit much quicker then. Also your original passport you can send that when you get your visa, send yo imi and they stamp it and send it back, obviously include registered self addressed envelopes for return of passport and all goods. Anything else just ask!! Yes, its so stressFul, got my meds on Tuesday and im stressing cos 10 years ago I had abnormal cells on a smear and had to have a coloscopy, but all smear since then have been clear, I have proof from doc to say they are clear, but still worryinmg incase they deney my visa cos I had abnormal cells!! See I have found something else to worry about now!! :curse:
i am sending off application next Sat!!
Cheers for that - think i'll call the solicitor who's on the corner from where i live and see how much she charges for certifying stuff.
Fingers crossed for you for tuesday i'm sure you'll be fine as they've all been clear since. I'm sure they wouldn't deny anything on grounds of an abnormal smear coz it's all been sorted out and it's not like you're having treatment or anything. Got to admit i've been a tad naughty on the smear front - i just hope when i go for my meds that the doc doesn't want to see any proof of a recent test
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:41 pm
Account Closed

Oceanspirit1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poppydreams
Hi
We had all our important documents certified by a solicitor- so just as you said passports, birth certificates etc. All our other docs such as evidence that we submitted was original stuff apart from photos which were copies either scanned or downloaded from the computer. We got most if not all of the original evidence stuff back. Hope this helps.
Fantastic, thanks Poppydreams - i'm going to give the solictors a call to see how much they charge etc on Monday.
Good to hear that they send most of the documents back once they've finished with them.
Gonna find some photos to download or photocopy so then that bits out of the way! Have you sent your application off recently or has your visa already been approved?
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

smellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nice

We contacted our solicitor and the receptionist said £30 + vat to certify our documents - when we asked how many documents this was for she said as many as you like! Don't think she quite realises how much stuff we've got - I need certified copies of everything for our citizenship by descent for the kids as well so I'll get it all done at the same time. We're still waiting on police checks - the scottish one has come back but it says they've sent off to the national database also. Is this the one that takes about 40 days? I though I would get off with that being scottish, perhaps not!!!
Old Jan 20th 2008, 4:55 pm

jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Oceanspirit1
Cheers for that - think i'll call the solicitor who's on the corner from where i live and see how much she charges for certifying stuff.
Fingers crossed for you for tuesday i'm sure you'll be fine as they've all been clear since. I'm sure they wouldn't deny anything on grounds of an abnormal smear coz it's all been sorted out and it's not like you're having treatment or anything. Got to admit i've been a tad naughty on the smear front - i just hope when i go for my meds that the doc doesn't want to see any proof of a recent test

Hi.

Not a prob, like i said if yuo wanna know anything just ask
I have spoken to a few peeps on the thread who have had abnormal smear and they got their visa, like you said I have been clear for the last 8 or so years. Im not too sure if all panel docs ask for your most recent smear test, but mine did, as its procedure. Maybe its worth booking yourself in for a smear anyways, prob best to have a full mot before you go anyways, it takes 6 weeks for the results of your smear to come through, so if panel doc asks you can just say its on its way or you could just get the reports from your doc of any previous smears you have had. Do not worry !!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Poppydreams is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Oceanspirit1
Fantastic, thanks Poppydreams - i'm going to give the solictors a call to see how much they charge etc on Monday.
Good to hear that they send most of the documents back once they've finished with them.
Gonna find some photos to download or photocopy so then that bits out of the way! Have you sent your application off recently or has your visa already been approved?
Hi My OH's visa was approved a couple of weeks ago. (I'm the Aussie)
Old Jan 21st 2008, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Poppydreams
Hi My OH's visa was approved a couple of weeks ago. (I'm the Aussie)

Hi,

Congrats thats fab news!! Fingers crossed for everyone else!!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Aussie_Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

Which visa would be quicker to grant to my spouse. A prospective marriage visa or a Spousal visa?

We have been together for just over a year, have all the required documents (joint accounts, lease agreement, stat decs, photos etc etc.) and will be booking her meds, in the next 2 weeks. I need to back in Oz by middle of May and i would like us both to return at the same time.

So, does anybody know if a prospective marriage visa is looked more favourably upon than a spousal visa and therefore, we would get that quicker, for us to return to Oz together.

We plan on getting married anyway, this just brings it forward alot sooner.

Thanks
c.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Originally Posted by natalieml
Hi all,

think it's about time I introduced myself seeing as i've been reading this post for a little while now.

Me and my partner spent 9 months in Australia a few years ago on WHV's which was brilliant. He has wanted to live out in Oz for ages and after about a year of umming and aaring after we got back I finally agreed. We are just waiting for him to finish his college course in June and then we will be applying with me as his de-facto partner. I am so bored of waiting already I just want to GO NOW but I know I have a long wait ahead of me. Have already started putting together stat decs etc as i'm so excited!

Was wondering if someone could just answer me one question though... Do I wait for him to get his visa before I apply as a de facto or does it all go in together?

We're hoping to move to Cairns eventually as we loved it there. His brother has moved near Sydney and got himself engaged so VERY jealous every time he skype's just to tell us what the weather is like!!!

Thanks for all the helpful hints and advice i've already found on the thread and hopefully i'll be able to contribute later on in my visa process!
Hi Natalie - you dont say in your post if either or you is Australian or has Aussie Citizenship by descent? If not then the spouse visa is not an option, as far as I know it is only for partners/spouses of Australian citizens. I could be wrong of course!

And Aussie Chris - I have no idea but I think a spouse visa would be processed faster than a prospective marriage one? As you have made the jump into marriage as it were! I know that people who have been married longer have got them very quickly (mine for instance came back in one week and I have been married for 11 years). Am sure there will be someone else along who can help who has done a prospective marriage visa though!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Aussie_Chris
Hi guys

Which visa would be quicker to grant to my spouse. A prospective marriage visa or a Spousal visa?

We have been together for just over a year, have all the required documents (joint accounts, lease agreement, stat decs, photos etc etc.) and will be booking her meds, in the next 2 weeks. I need to back in Oz by middle of May and i would like us both to return at the same time.

So, does anybody know if a prospective marriage visa is looked more favourably upon than a spousal visa and therefore, we would get that quicker, for us to return to Oz together.

We plan on getting married anyway, this just brings it forward alot sooner.

Thanks
c.
Hi ,
i am applying for my PMV, sounds like you have all paperwork in place, you also need a letter from your celebrant advising immi the date of marriage and where and your noim (notice of intended marriage) booked too. If you havent got this then there is no point applying for your PMV. If you havent got these, then maybe its worth having a quicke marriage (and a blessing in Oz) and apply for the spouse. I dont think either visa is looked upon any better , as both you are makiing a commitment to each other, they say processig takes 12 weeks @ the most but if you front load your police checks and meds it should take quicker, also police checks take 40 days to arrive. Up to you what you do, my mate went over on an ETA and then applied for her spouse and someone else I know went over on a whv(working holiday visa) and then applied for their spouse, so there are other ways around it, although immi dont like you to do it that way, but peeps do it. there is a chance that customs wil stop you if they feel you are not entering the country for the right reasons to work or to visit, which you wont be cos you intend to marry and settle. If you have all the paperwork, police checks, meds and NOIM etc etd, apply for the PMV, May is 4 months away, processing only takes 12 weeks @ most. Good luck!!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:09 pm
Subclass 309er

Timbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really nice

G'day comrades,

When you can't submit Stat Decs with your app (cos all your friends are poms) and have to get statements instead, is it worthwhile to have the person who is writing the statement attach a photocopy of their passport to proove their identity or am I just wasting my time?

Cheers!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie_Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Timbo-Em
G'day comrades,

When you can't submit Stat Decs with your app (cos all your friends are poms) and have to get statements instead, is it worthwhile to have the person who is writing the statement attach a photocopy of their passport to proove their identity or am I just wasting my time?

Cheers!
i believe that its actually a requirement. it says something like this in the information booklet.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:34 pm

G'day comrades,

Cheers!
Hi,

Im not too sure but I think they need to be counter signed by a JOP or notary possibly ?? and it is prob worth sending proof or it could be anyone. if you look @ booklet 1 for partner migration - it wil be on the immi website under booklets under visa etc etc. Cant you get your OH familY to confirm relationship ? I assume OH is AUS ? My mate could only get stat decs from UK as her OH was Australian Citizen by marraige years before and he was back living in UK so thye didnt have any aussies to confirm, but im sure they got their mates to write on the form 888 Stat dec froms as you would if you were an Aussie stat dec. Like I said look @ booklet 1 or email immi. Good luck!!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:52 pm
Subclass 309er

Timbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really nice

Originally Posted by jutang
Hi,

Im not too sure but I think they need to be counter signed by a JOP or notary possibly ?? and it is prob worth sending proof or it could be anyone. if you look @ booklet 1 for partner migration - it wil be on the immi website under booklets under visa etc etc. Cant you get your OH familY to confirm relationship ? I assume OH is AUS ? My mate could only get stat decs from UK as her OH was Australian Citizen by marraige years before and he was back living in UK so thye didnt have any aussies to confirm, but im sure they got their mates to write on the form 888 Stat dec froms as you would if you were an Aussie stat dec. Like I said look @ booklet 1 or email immi. Good luck!!
It is a requirement for stat decs but stat decs are only genuine if they are done by Aussies therefore you need a copy of proof of your Australian citizenship/permanent resident status. When you get a statement there are no guidelines like there is for stat decs it just says they must be witnessed or certified according to the legal practices of the country.

I guess I need to find out what the legal requirements are for stat decs in the UK then!

Tim.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:56 pm

It is a requirement for stat decs but stat decs are only genuine if they are done by Aussies therefore you need a copy of proof of your Australian citizenship/permanent resident status. When you get a statement there are no guidelines like there is for stat decs it just says they must be witnessed or certified according to the legal practices of the country.

I guess I need to find out what the legal requirements are for stat decs in the UK then!

Tim.
Im not sure, but I dont think its the same as the list you have for Australia. Check with immi.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.