Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Nov 11th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by fin
Char, seen as we met briefly could we not be classed as 'real friends??'
Hmmmm, yes I suppose we could...

Although to an outsider, it may have looked like some sort of dodgy drug deal happening.... the size of the 'box' would have probably changed their minds though... lol!

Ok Fin, we are officially a 'proper' friends...!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:00 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RachelH
Is anyone around? I am afraid that my dream of Aus may have died........

OH has been offered a job in Brisbane - so we fully appreciate that we are in a much stronger position than so many people going out there - family, a job etc.

However it is about two thirds of what he earns now and when you take into consideration my wage here, and the fact that I planned not to work for a year or so, we would be living on half of what we do now. WE have worked it out on a spreadsheet and we just cant afford it. It means we cant buy the kind of house that we want........and that we would be scrimping constantly which isnt why we were going to Aus in teh first place.......

So at present the plan is to go on a holiday to validate some time in the spring as I need to do it before August, but take a rain check on when we actually go out there - unless the company up the offer to make it worthwhile.

I am very down about it all and not sure what to do but staying philosophical about it at the moment. How long is it until my visa runs out properly?
Hi Rachel, sorry to read this, my long time fellow spouse!! Does OH have to take this job wont there be other jobs available? Dont give up the dream yet! Think the visa is 5 years but you need to validate it. Dates are printed on the visa itself. C x
Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

hi shiels - no he doesnt have to take it, its just really useful because they pay for flights and 3 weeks accommodation when you get there which would of course be a great help.....anyway we will have to see - he is talking to them tomorrow to see if they will up the offer........
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:17 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

hi shiels - no he doesnt have to take it, its just really useful because they pay for flights and 3 weeks accommodation when you get there which would of course be a great help.....anyway we will have to see - he is talking to them tomorrow to see if they will up the offer........
Make sure you let us know how you go. C x
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Originally Posted by shiels
Make sure you let us know how you go. C x
mmmmmmm they wont up the offer.......
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:54 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

mmmmmmm they wont up the offer.......
Sorry to hear that Rachel.... but I'd say you're a long way from having to give up yet.....

Thinking of you and hoping things turn around xx
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Poppydreams is on a distinguished road

Sorry to read about your situation Rachel and I sincerely hope things turn out better for you and OH.

On another note (and forgive me Rachel for saying as its prob not the best time to mention) :-
We have been really busy with the forms and finally posted them this morning so I had to mention on here. I was sooo nervous posting it (I don't know why). Thank you to everyone who has helped us on BE with the various questions I had.

Now just have to sit back and wait - oh dear

We still haven't told our families yet. I am looking forward to telling mine (especially because my Mum is really ill and it will be such a lift for her) but not looking forward to telling OH's fam as you can probably guess.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Hi
Been a while since I posted on this thread but just wanted to say we have sent off application for OH's spouse visa on Tuesday and they have taken payment already(fingers crossed all will be ok). I am so excited as it all seems to be coming together now just need to sell house!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sloane46
Hi
Been a while since I posted on this thread but just wanted to say we have sent off application for OH's spouse visa on Tuesday and they have taken payment already(fingers crossed all will be ok). I am so excited as it all seems to be coming together now just need to sell house!
Hiya
Good luck with yours!! Since its my OH's spouse visa appn that went - I take it you're the Aussie as well? Where are you thinking of going back to in Oz?
Also I suppose we could compare how long it takes for both our OH's visas!! My OH's appn ended up about 100 pages long and thats not including the med and X-ray forms!!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 11:30 am
Just Joined

peplaing is on a distinguished road

Hi
Hi not been on for a while, but just to up date sent off my spouse visa on monday payment taken today so fingers crossed. x
Old Nov 16th 2007, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by peplaing
Hi not been on for a while, but just to up date sent off my spouse visa on monday payment taken today so fingers crossed. x
Originally Posted by Poppydreams
Hiya
Good luck with yours!! Since its my OH's spouse visa appn that went - I take it you're the Aussie as well? Where are you thinking of going back to in Oz?
Also I suppose we could compare how long it takes for both our OH's visas!! My OH's appn ended up about 100 pages long and thats not including the med and X-ray forms!!
Looks like theres a few of us waiting for the big news this week. Yes I'm the Aussie born in Melbourne, my parents brought me to England when I was three
We are hoping to go to Melbourne in June 08 (me Oh and 4kids) How many of you are there and where are you heading to and when? Those forms are a nightmare aren't they! we front loaded as well and I put Oh's passport in. Lets hope we all get an answer soon.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Looks like theres a few of us waiting for the big news this week. Yes I'm the Aussie born in Melbourne, my parents brought me to England when I was three
We are hoping to go to Melbourne in June 08 (me Oh and 4kids) How many of you are there and where are you heading to and when? Those forms are a nightmare aren't they! we front loaded as well and I put Oh's passport in. Lets hope we all get an answer soon.
We are heading to Brisbane hopefully early Feb 08. There is just me OH and our daughter (4). The forms have been stressing us out big time. We actually avoided them for ages because it seemed like such a nightmare! We frontloaded too but we didn't put the passport in - oh dear should we have?
Fingers crossed for everyone! .....I don't think I have any fingers left to cross!!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Poppydreams
We are heading to Brisbane hopefully early Feb 08. There is just me OH and our daughter (4). The forms have been stressing us out big time. We actually avoided them for ages because it seemed like such a nightmare! We frontloaded too but we didn't put the passport in - oh dear should we have?

Fingers crossed for everyone! .....I don't think I have any fingers left to cross!!
I know some people have put in their passport on here and got it back with the visa in really quickly and some have had it returned and then asked for it to be sent back later....just thought we would give it a try lol, they don't ask you to put it in.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

peplaing is on a distinguished road

hi just having a panic about the passport being put in! we didnt!
We also heading for melbourne and also have 4 children! we are going over in march. any idea where abouts your going in melbourne?
Old Nov 16th 2007, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by peplaing
hi just having a panic about the passport being put in! we didnt!
We also heading for melbourne and also have 4 children! we are going over in march. any idea where abouts your going in melbourne?
Hi don't worry about passport they don't ask you to put it in they usually request it when they are putting the visa in we just thought we would chance our luck as others on spouse visa did put theirs in and got it back with visa in, others just got their passport sent back and it was requested again later.
We are looking at Wyndham Vale/Werribee area, but nothing is set in stone yet. How old are your children? Mine are 7,9,11 and 16. Whereabouts in Melbourne are you hoping to settle?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.