Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by sloane46
Advice please ....
My Oh had his medical done on 4th October, at mo still waiting for his police check which was sent off on 3rd October. With xmas coming up I am now thinking of sending off actual application in January. My question is has anyone else sent their application in 3 months after medicals and if so were there any problems? Or does anyone know how long they keep hold of medicals until they receive applications? Thanks in advance for any help
not sure sloane - but I left it a month from when I had medical to when I sent it and all was well so I'm sure they would keep hold of it?
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by RachelH
such a shame because I think we would get on like a house on fire in real life!
lmao - in real life! Yeh, I reckon we would too!

My sis takes the p!ss out of me, I'll be telling her something, then slip in a comment about BE or Facebook, & she's like... ''oh you mean your 'not real' friends Char....'' Erm, yeh that would be right!

Someone my OH works with has invited us to a BBQ on Tuesday (Melbourne Cup, public holiday here), he reckons a few of the 'ladies' like a drink, so fingers crossed for me!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by charb
My sis takes the p!ss out of me, I'll be telling her something, then slip in a comment about BE or Facebook, & she's like... ''oh you mean your 'not real' friends Char....'' Erm, yeh that would be right!
Dotcomrades....apparently....

(Scubaemma told me)
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 10:58 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Dotcomrades....apparently....

(Scubaemma told me)
That's the one - friends you know through the internet but haven't met in 'real' life!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
That's the one - friends you know through the internet but haven't met in 'real' life!
lol, ok so from now on, I will correct my sis when she calls you all my 'not real' friends....!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

lol, ok so from now on, I will correct my sis when she calls you all my 'not real' friends....!
Well I know I'm real & I know Neet Neet & Tiddlypom are real....I'll let you know if a couple of weeks if Scubaemma is real....
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:29 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Well I know I'm real & I know Neet Neet & Tiddlypom are real....I'll let you know if a couple of weeks if Scubaemma is real....
I am.... I'll be wearing a red carnation.....
Old Nov 5th 2007, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Smashy is an unknown quantity at this point

lol, yeh I am... I actually placed a ''friends'' ad a couple of pages of back... no responses as yet....!

Tell you what, I am in the need for a serious drinking buddy... no one we've met is up for a drink...??!! WTF???!!!
We're up for some serious drinking!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Smashy
We're up for some serious drinking!
YES PLEASE !!!

Hurry up & get here, as I think I'll be getting the shakes soon - for lack of drinking! lol

Sent you a pm ....
Old Nov 10th 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Is anyone around? I am afraid that my dream of Aus may have died........

OH has been offered a job in Brisbane - so we fully appreciate that we are in a much stronger position than so many people going out there - family, a job etc.

However it is about two thirds of what he earns now and when you take into consideration my wage here, and the fact that I planned not to work for a year or so, we would be living on half of what we do now. WE have worked it out on a spreadsheet and we just cant afford it. It means we cant buy the kind of house that we want........and that we would be scrimping constantly which isnt why we were going to Aus in teh first place.......

So at present the plan is to go on a holiday to validate some time in the spring as I need to do it before August, but take a rain check on when we actually go out there - unless the company up the offer to make it worthwhile.

I am very down about it all and not sure what to do but staying philosophical about it at the moment. How long is it until my visa runs out properly?
Old Nov 10th 2007, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

sorry to hear that Rachel, best laid plans and all that ...
I am not sure about the visa , something tells me 5 years but i am sure someone will come along and answer.
Could you not think about taking a little less time off, maybe 6 months and then with your salary you would be more comfortable

hope all goes well whatever you decide
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:02 am
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

OH has been offered a job in Brisbane - so we fully appreciate that we are in a much stronger position than so many people going out there - family, a job etc.

However it is about two thirds of what he earns now and when you take into consideration my wage here, and the fact that I planned not to work for a year or so, we would be living on half of what we do now. WE have worked it out on a spreadsheet and we just cant afford it. It means we cant buy the kind of house that we want........and that we would be scrimping constantly which isnt why we were going to Aus in teh first place.......

So at present the plan is to go on a holiday to validate some time in the spring as I need to do it before August, but take a rain check on when we actually go out there - unless the company up the offer to make it worthwhile.

I am very down about it all and not sure what to do but staying philosophical about it at the moment. How long is it until my visa runs out properly?
Awww Rachel Thats such a shame!! Aren't there any other jobs with higher wages or anything he could apply for??

It will say on your visa sticker when your visa expires (it says something like - must not enter after such and such date) My husbands is 5 years.

I hope all works out for you x
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:03 am
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

lmao - in real life! Yeh, I reckon we would too!

Someone my OH works with has invited us to a BBQ on Tuesday (Melbourne Cup, public holiday here), he reckons a few of the 'ladies' like a drink, so fingers crossed for me!
Char, seen as we met briefly could we not be classed as 'real friends??'
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:12 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Im so sorry to hear this, I hope that something works out for you guys x
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

chelle72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Hi I'm Chelle and I am new to this site, I am from Scotland my partner is the Australian and I have been living here now for 15 months now we have a daughter together Lucy who is now a year old and I have two other children from a previous relationship ages 16 & 14 who are currently living in Scotland with there Dad.

We applied for the Spouse/DeFacto visa last year and I have been given my Sub Class 820 or part one as I call it but since that we have heard nothing from immigration at all - what happens now? we read that if you have a child that you sometimes don't have to wait the 2 years to be granted a full visa its been 3 months since I was granted the sub class visa and I am not sure what now to expect - any advice would be great from anyone in the same position - thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.