Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:52 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by RachelH
Hi shiels - great to see you back on here again - I have been wondering where you are for ages!! Have just been reading your replies to Mark - sounds like its tough with the homesickness - do the blue skies make up for it? What I mean is do you feel like you did the right thing? I am so scared of the whole process as my OH is being very pessimistic about the whole thing and wondering if we are doing the right thing, so everyones' experiences are really interesting to me at the moment.

And Vegemite - mine took two days from when I sent the stuff off to getting an email to say it had been granted and passport was back one week to the day that I sent it off - been married 11 years with 3 kids, dont know how much of a difference that made.
Hi Rachel the jury is still out at the moment but i do have to say that i have no desire to return to the uk to live, just visit. Taking each day as it comes. C x

Originally Posted by struth
hi shiels,

sorry to hear you are feeling really homesick, hope it eases soon, we have only been here 5-6 weeks, and so far i am fine, oh loving it cause hes back with his mates and family, but 16 year old daughter is a different matter - tears and tantrums of utmost proportions. everyone reacts differently and i think its impossible to prejudge how you will take it,

good to see you back on BE!
My 14 yr old has only started to say he sort of likes it so give her time. C x
Old Oct 30th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Thanks for all your responses, I appreciate it.

Vegemite.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Originally Posted by shiels
Hi Rachel the jury is still out at the moment but i do have to say that i have no desire to return to the uk to live, just visit. Taking each day as it comes. C x

My 14 yr old has only started to say he sort of likes it so give her time. C x
WEll thats something at least - that you arent interested in going back to the UK!
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Smashy is an unknown quantity at this point

Newbie - Story So Far

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys,
I'm new to this wonderful forum, but love all of the help I'm getting already, just from reading everyone else's posts!
So this is my story so far:

I'm a Canadian, living in Canada, my boyfriend is an Aussie, living in Canada since he was 12. We've been together about 18 months, living together since March. We've been throwing the idea around of moving down to Melbourne where his family is for a while, and recently set a date and got the ball rolling. We are planning on leaving June 8, 2008. He is sponsering me on the basis of a de facto relationship. We're moving in to his parents place in about a month to save some money, which will be quite interesting, but worth it in the end! My family is quite shocked and a bit upset that I'm planning on migrating, but hopefully they come 'round before I leave. I think it is just going to be a big change for them. I am planning on applying for my visa in January. Right now we are gathering all of our evidence of our relationship and sorting all of the forms/police checks/etc out.

So thats that for right now, I will keep anyone who is interested updated as we progress. Hopefully things go well for us! Any advice anyone has to offer, I would be happy to take! I know I'm not a Brit, but there is no such forum for Canadians, and the information here seems quite relevant to me! So thanks again!

Ashley
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Just a question about the evidence for the spouse visa:
How many pictures did you guys submit??? Whats appropriate? Did you make a scrapbook and label all the pics?
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Smashy
How many pictures did you guys submit??? Whats appropriate? Did you make a scrapbook and label all the pics?
The only pics I sent, were the ones they needed - ie: the 3 or 4 (can't remember how many it was now!) passport sized pics. I didn't have anything certified, I just sent all originals - pports, birth certs etc in a recorded delivery envelope. But OH & I have been together for over 9 years, married for 4 & have a child together, so maybe that's why they didn't question anything. I know there are a few on here that sent loads of extra info, including pics... They'll prob be along shortly to help out..... Fin where are you?

BTW, whereabouts in Melbourne are you heading...?
Old Oct 31st 2007, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

We're heading to Mornington, suburb of Melbourne. Thats where my man's cousin lives, so at least we'll have 1 friend when we arrive
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

We're heading to Mornington, suburb of Melbourne. Thats where my man's cousin lives, so at least we'll have 1 friend when we arrive
Well if you like... you could have a couple more friends... as we are renting in Carrum Downs, which isn't far at all... :-)
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Sounds good! It'll be nice to meet some people other than family! I can't wait to get down there, we're hoping to leave Canada June 8, right in the middle of the Aussie winter, but anything is better than here, its so damn cold all the time!
Old Nov 1st 2007, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Think I printed off about 10 photos that covered about 5 or 6 years. I had wrote the date of the photo and description of what it was (ie. Friends 40th)
Old Nov 1st 2007, 10:26 am
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Originally Posted by charb
The only pics I sent, were the ones they needed - ie: the 3 or 4 (can't remember how many it was now!) passport sized pics. I didn't have anything certified, I just sent all originals - pports, birth certs etc in a recorded delivery envelope. But OH & I have been together for over 9 years, married for 4 & have a child together, so maybe that's why they didn't question anything. I know there are a few on here that sent loads of extra info, including pics... They'll prob be along shortly to help out..... Fin where are you?

BTW, whereabouts in Melbourne are you heading...?
Here I am!!!

Umm with photos, I had about 5 pages lol I fitted 6 small pics onto the one page and printed, probably didn't need that many but hey ho! I had when we first met, partner with my family, me with his, holidays together, family occasions together.

Did the job anyway!
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Well if you like... you could have a couple more friends... as we are renting in Carrum Downs, which isn't far at all... :-)
Char - are you hunting for friends again!!?? You need to move to Brissie - it will be BBQs and booze a gogo on the deck!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RachelH
Char - are you hunting for friends again!!?? You need to move to Brissie - it will be BBQs and booze a gogo on the deck!
lol, yeh I am... I actually placed a ''friends'' ad a couple of pages of back... no responses as yet....!

Tell you what, I am in the need for a serious drinking buddy... no one we've met is up for a drink...??!! WTF???!!!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

lol, yeh I am... I actually placed a ''friends'' ad a couple of pages of back... no responses as yet....!

Tell you what, I am in the need for a serious drinking buddy... no one we've met is up for a drink...??!! WTF???!!!
such a shame because I think we would get on like a house on fire in real life!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Advice please ....
My Oh had his medical done on 4th October, at mo still waiting for his police check which was sent off on 3rd October. With xmas coming up I am now thinking of sending off actual application in January. My question is has anyone else sent their application in 3 months after medicals and if so were there any problems? Or does anyone know how long they keep hold of medicals until they receive applications? Thanks in advance for any help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.