Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:14 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by James516
It seems everyone is saying we should 'front-load' the medicals and police check - do you need a case number before you get the meds? We will probably go to Cromwell hospital in Kensington - anyone else have them done there?
I'm getting mine done there - got an appointment in a couple of weeks time.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79
Are there big differences from normal passport pics or the ones from OZ?
I got my renewal for my passport in and it had a special leaflet with how to get the pics done.

Ok this is how far we are
downloaded application form for girlfriend,
Filled it in
waiting for her new belgium passport
got family and friends to write us stat. dec's. all with certified copies of their passports
Gathered info and evidence from the last 4 yrs,( do the bank statements need to be in english? there from spanish banks)
what to do next??
do meds?
Police checks from belgium and spain?
passport pics?
Send them away? anything were missing??
how do we pay?? it's says we have to lodge our app in Berlin, do we go there and pay? or do it by credit card over the phone??

thanks
I am confused as to why you think that you would have to send your app to Berlin - there is an embassy in Brussels if you are in Belgium and if you go to the immigration website and go to the section about applying for a spouse visa, it has all the different country details on it. There is also a Spouse Visa Checklist on there which might be useful for you.

And on the app form it has a section where you fill in your credit card details.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of

We have to go to berlin because the visa side of the australian consulate hhere in belgium closed down a few yrs ago. sam as for dutch people.
It's pretty stupid. So all visas from belgium, luxemburg and holland have to go through berlin.
I think that the reason is that there wasn't enough work for them. of something like this.

Understandable, but still a pain in the a**e
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

We have to go to berlin because the visa side of the australian consulate hhere in belgium closed down a few yrs ago. sam as for dutch people.
It's pretty stupid. So all visas from belgium, luxemburg and holland have to go through berlin.
I think that the reason is that there wasn't enough work for them. of something like this.

Understandable, but still a pain in the a**e
oh nightmare - funny how they leave the details on the bloody website!! Anyhow no reason why you would have to go to Berlin anyway, you can jsut send off all the info with credit card details. I looked and there are details of the panel doctors in Belgium on the immigration website too - I presume that is up to date!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Poppydreams is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Poppydreams
Hi - I thought I saw something on BE a week or so ago about it. I think it is a new thing and is just one page long, however thought it was worth a mention for people like us sending in the application soon. See website: http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/07values.htm

Spouse proof: thanks we'll do that then. The whole thing gets us in a real panic sometimes when you read and then reread the appn.

Cheers
I just found that the values statement has been included in the updated 47SP application form. Now my OH has to complete the application again.

My OH had his medical today and all went well. It cost £195
Doctor was apparently very professional but OH says he felt slightly violated

Also has anyone ever submitted a stat dec 888 from a friend from the UK and who is not an Australian Citizen?
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:59 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

I just found that the values statement has been included in the updated 47SP application form. Now my OH has to complete the application again.

My OH had his medical today and all went well. It cost £195
Doctor was apparently very professional but OH says he felt slightly violated

Also has anyone ever submitted a stat dec 888 from a friend from the UK and who is not an Australian Citizen?
Hello your poor hubby !!

Several of my UK friends submitted stat decs saying we were a couple, they didnt bother to do it on the 888 form, just typed it out themselves and it was fine.

meant to say, they signed it in front of a solicitor tho

Last edited by penky; Oct 23rd 2007 at 2:04 pm. Reason: forgot something
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Poppydreams is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by penky
Hello your poor hubby !!

Several of my UK friends submitted stat decs saying we were a couple, they didnt bother to do it on the 888 form, just typed it out themselves and it was fine.
Yeah I know but he did well - I'm really proud of him but I just can't stop myself from

Stat decs - thanks for that. I think we might have to do that as one of our stat decs has a slight error on it and given the time it takes from Australia to get a new one ( plus any possible future postal strikes) !!!
We just want to submit it soon.

Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of

Hello your poor hubby !!

meant to say, they signed it in front of a solicitor tho
is there a special form that the stat decs have to been on?
I better get searching then!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

I got my sister who lives in the uk to go to her solicitor today and get a certified copy of her passport.
I was under the impression that if she types out a sat dec for me and oh and signs it and sends it to me with the copy of her passport that it would be enough? Does this mean that shes got to fill out the 888 form, go back to the solicitor and sign it infront of him, and pay the bugger again?
or would what shes done be enough??
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:27 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

is there a special form that the stat decs have to been on?
I better get searching then!!!
I got my sister who lives in the uk to go to her solicitor today and get a certified copy of her passport.
I was under the impression that if she types out a sat dec for me and oh and signs it and sends it to me with the copy of her passport that it would be enough? Does this mean that shes got to fill out the 888 form, go back to the solicitor and sign it infront of him, and pay the bugger again?
There is a form - 888 which you can download and fill in, but you don't have to use it, its there like a guide I think , my friends didnt, they just typed theres out , I did get them to get their ones signed in front of a solicitor tho,

However, Medway Mark who posts on here I dont think got his ones signed in front of a solicitor and his wifes visa came no problems (I apoligise in advance mark if this is completely wrong!! )
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:50 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

There is a form - 888 which you can download and fill in, but you don't have to use it, its there like a guide I think , my friends didnt, they just typed theres out , I did get them to get their ones signed in front of a solicitor tho,

However, Medway Mark who posts on here I dont think got his ones signed in front of a solicitor and his wifes visa came no problems (I apoligise in advance mark if this is completely wrong!! )
I'm pretty sure that's right about Mark....
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah I know but he did well - I'm really proud of him but I just can't stop myself from

Stat decs - thanks for that. I think we might have to do that as one of our stat decs has a slight error on it and given the time it takes from Australia to get a new one ( plus any possible future postal strikes) !!!
We just want to submit it soon.

Thanks for your help!
What is the error? Ours had the wrong applicant name (ie, they put me down as the applicant, but I'm the Aussie). I just changed it on the form.... no problems. You could put a covering letter in saying that there is an error and we are arranging for a new one to be sent, but my guess is that the visa would be issued before this is required anyway.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

We didn't use solicitors. Our copied were certified by a nurse and the Stat decs (form 888) were witnessed by a building society manager, a teacher and a nurse.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

No, that's right. I guess it depends on how well all the evidence stacks up. If you've only been together 5 minutes, they might look in to it in more detail.

If my memory serves me right, on form 888 it does say something along the lines of...if you're not in Australia, you can get a similarly professional person to witness the declaration. I took that to mean that a British teacher/nurse etc is similarly professional to Aussie ones. We asked people to do the form that we knew would have access to that kind of person...ie, one works in a Building society, one is a teaching assistant and the other one was a district nurse.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

I didn't get anything certified. We sent all originals - pports, birth cert etc; and as for the stat decs, the only person who signed them, was the person who wrote them! (my cousin, her husband & we also got 2 'english' family friends to write one each)

We had been together for 9 years at the time of the application, & had (& still have!) a child together, not sure if that had anything to do with them not querying it, or whether it just isn't necessary to get things certified for this particular visa, they seem to hand the SV out like bus tickets!!!???

Oh & btw, can I join the dodgy husbands club... His PCC was queried, as he had something show up from his 'younger' days... Totally shat himself when he saw it... So did I actually! But had no bearing on the end result... Obviously, as we've been here for over 5 mths now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.