Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Hi Everyone - I am Aussie by grant, and my Pommie wife has finally agreed to come back to sunny Brissy with me! We're just loking at starting the whole process - we were married 7 years ago so hoping we get the permanent 100 visa straight away.

It seems everyone is saying we should 'front-load' the medicals and police check - do you need a case number before you get the meds? We will probably go to Cromwell hospital in Kensington - anyone else have them done there?

All very exciting and horrendously bureaucratic - especially as I have been through the equivalent UK practice! Mind you, I guess the Brits let anyone in these days
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:47 am
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Originally Posted by James516
Hi Everyone - I am Aussie by grant, and my Pommie wife has finally agreed to come back to sunny Brissy with me! We're just loking at starting the whole process - we were married 7 years ago so hoping we get the permanent 100 visa straight away.

It seems everyone is saying we should 'front-load' the medicals and police check - do you need a case number before you get the meds? We will probably go to Cromwell hospital in Kensington - anyone else have them done there?

All very exciting and horrendously bureaucratic - especially as I have been through the equivalent UK practice! Mind you, I guess the Brits let anyone in these days
Hello and Welcome!!!

I'm the Aussie and my Welsh husband and I are heading off to Brissy in March after applying and being granted our visa within a week last April! I think I was one of the most stressed out applying for it on this thread, and I look back and can't believe why I got so stressed!! It was easy and as long as all forms are completed correctly and you're a genuine couple then you have 'No Worries!'

We front loaded everything, no you don't need a case number before the meds. On the med forms there is a place in which you tick if you have sent your application yet. If you tick 'no' they ask where to send the meds to - which will be Aus House London.

We were granted a perm visa as we've been together since 2001, so over 5 years. I'm sure you'll have no probs with that!

Good Luck to you! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Poppydreams is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by James516

Hi James

I am the Aussie and my Husband has also finally agreed to move back to Brissie (my hometown) next year.

We are also frontloading the meds and police check. OH has med examination Tues but not at Cromwell sorry.

When you first look at the paperwork it seems a lot but when you actually get stuck into it, its not that bad.

Thanks to BE for being so incredibly helpful!! I don't think we would be at this stage right now!!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fin
Hello and Welcome!!!

I'm the Aussie and my Welsh husband and I are heading off to Brissy in March after applying and being granted our visa within a week last April! I think I was one of the most stressed out applying for it on this thread, and I look back and can't believe why I got so stressed!! It was easy and as long as all forms are completed correctly and you're a genuine couple then you have 'No Worries!'

We front loaded everything, no you don't need a case number before the meds. On the med forms there is a place in which you tick if you have sent your application yet. If you tick 'no' they ask where to send the meds to - which will be Aus House London.

We were granted a perm visa as we've been together since 2001, so over 5 years. I'm sure you'll have no probs with that!

Good Luck to you! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Which doc did you fill in to be granted perm res??? I've been together with my gf for 5yrs and want to move back to QLD next yr. And what is frontloading meds and police checks? how do you do this?
cheers
Old Oct 21st 2007, 6:53 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79
Which doc did you fill in to be granted perm res??? I've been together with my gf for 5yrs and want to move back to QLD next yr. And what is frontloading meds and police checks? how do you do this?
cheers
there isn't any specific doc for perm res, it's just the usual forms and because of the length of time my husband and I had been together, we were granted perm res.

Frontloading is sending them all in WITH the application and not waiting until they request them It makes things a lot quicker!!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RachelH
ARe you applying in Belgium or the UK?

In the Uk you need to fill in a form 40sp and a 47sp, these are the forms for the applicant and the sponsor.

You need 4 passport photos of the applicant and 2 of the sponsor.

You need two statutory declarations from Australian citizens - form 888 I think where they confirm that they know you and that your relationship is genuine.

You need certified copies of the two Aussie citizens passports (solicitor or JP can do this).

You need to write a history of your relationship and so does your partner - about how you support each other emotionally/financially etc.

You need to send proof of your relationship - e.g. joint bills, invitations, photos, travel tickets etc.

YOu need certified copies of the applicants birth certificate, marriage cert if applicable, the sponsors proof of Aussie citizenship, so passport or similar, and proof of income (I got a copy of my spouse's P60 certified)

You need a police check for the country you are resident in.

You need to have a medical and a chest X ray.

All the above can be found on www.immi.gov.au

Dont think I have missed anything but if I have, someone will be along to let me know!

Good luck
Hi Everyone

Hope you don't mind me joining this thread.
Just wanted to ask a question - Does the applicant now need to add the 'Values statement' as well to the application? Sorry if you have already covered this previously.

Also, as the applicant's spouse, do you think that I should provide both aussie birth certificate and Australian passport or do they require just one of them?

CHeers for your help.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

cheers
You dont fill in a specific form - they make their mind up depending on how long you have been together. Frontloading - send the results of your police check with your application and arrange your medical prior to sending stuff off, that way they will have the results of your medical waiting for them at Australia House when they receive it and they match them up there.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of

whats meant by medicals? is there a checklist on the immo website? can this be done by any doctor or is it a special one??
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Originally Posted by Poppydreams
Hi Everyone

Hope you don't mind me joining this thread.
Just wanted to ask a question - Does the applicant now need to add the 'Values statement' as well to the application? Sorry if you have already covered this previously.

Also, as the applicant's spouse, do you think that I should provide both aussie birth certificate and Australian passport or do they require just one of them?

CHeers for your help.
Hi Poppydreams - what is the Values statement? Its not something I have even heard of!

Re the spouse proof - I would just send the certified copy of the passport. I sent my OH's citizenship cert as well and they sent that back as it obviously was surplus to requirements!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

whats meant by medicals? is there a checklist on the immo website? can this be done by any doctor or is it a special one??
THere is a list of panel doctors on the immigration website. Pick the one nearest to you, ring them and make an appointment - you will also need to make an appointment for a chest x ray - this info is all in the panel doctors section.

You also have to fill in forms for the medical and the x ray and have more passport photos for them.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:25 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

list of panel docs in belgium

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/over...el-doctors.htm

think to get permanant resisdence straight away you have to have a child together or have been "defacto " couple for 5 years - ie living together
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by penky
list of panel docs in belgium

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/over...el-doctors.htm

think to get permanant resisdence straight away you have to have a child together or have been "defacto " couple for 5 years - ie living together
god you guys are quick. Thanks, this helps alot.
We've been together for over 5 yrs now, but have only evidence from the last 4 yrs. Does it really matter alot if not granted perm res. straight away? Still gets us into Aus, and thats the main thing.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:29 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

god you guys are quick. Thanks, this helps alot.
We've been together for over 5 yrs now, but have only evidence from the last 4 yrs. Does it really matter alot if not granted perm res. straight away? Still gets us into Aus, and thats the main thing.
have you been living together tho?

Ive been with OH for 5 years now but not living together so only got temporary visa
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RachelH
Hi Poppydreams - what is the Values statement? Its not something I have even heard of!

Re the spouse proof - I would just send the certified copy of the passport. I sent my OH's citizenship cert as well and they sent that back as it obviously was surplus to requirements!
Hi - I thought I saw something on BE a week or so ago about it. I think it is a new thing and is just one page long, however thought it was worth a mention for people like us sending in the application soon. See website: http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/07values.htm

Spouse proof: thanks we'll do that then. The whole thing gets us in a real panic sometimes when you read and then reread the appn.

Cheers
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Are there big differences from normal passport pics or the ones from OZ?
I got my renewal for my passport in and it had a special leaflet with how to get the pics done.

Ok this is how far we are
downloaded application form for girlfriend,
Filled it in
waiting for her new belgium passport
got family and friends to write us stat. dec's. all with certified copies of their passports
Gathered info and evidence from the last 4 yrs,( do the bank statements need to be in english? there from spanish banks)
what to do next??
do meds?
Police checks from belgium and spain?
passport pics?
Send them away? anything were missing??
how do we pay?? it's says we have to lodge our app in Berlin, do we go there and pay? or do it by credit card over the phone??

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.