Spider in WA

Old Oct 14th 2009, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Spider in WA

We had a spider yesterday (dealt with very quickly!). It was black so I thought a typical house spider but this one had a white bit on its back. Any ideas?
Old Oct 14th 2009, 6:27 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spider in WA

Originally Posted by Kingseat
We had a spider yesterday (dealt with very quickly!). It was black so I thought a typical house spider but this one had a white bit on its back. Any ideas?
White tail.

But it should not be in western australia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-tailed_spider
Old Oct 14th 2009, 6:31 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a white-tail

We've just moved to Adelaide kingseat and we've been told by OH's rels (lived here 34 years) to kill all spiders except the huntsman. They reckon even house spiders can make you feel woozy, don't know, seems a bit OTT but I'm knew here.

Maybe others can advise.

Cooler
Old Oct 14th 2009, 6:45 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambia
White tail.

But it should not be in western australia?

We had loads of white tails in Fremantle in our old place, the agent had to get it treated.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a whitetail to me too, we have had a few. They are deffo one to kill as they give a VERY nasty bite. Suggest treating with a few cans of mortein around the place.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I found a nice big huntsman lurking above the front door last night - I won't kill him though as he will see to redbacks...
Old Oct 14th 2009, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
I found a nice big huntsman lurking above the front door last night - I won't kill him though as he will see to redbacks...

*shudders*
Old Oct 14th 2009, 9:06 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

we have a 7 legged huntsman currently residing in our front room ! He doesnt bother us and hides behind a picture during the day and then roams around at night eating all the nasties!

They look scary, but they are quite easy to live with.. I usually kill any other spiders that I find in here...

Em x
Old Oct 14th 2009, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

Yep get lots of white tails in WA,daughter keeps having house sprayed (Perth)for them because of young kids.They apparently come in on the washing or so she has been told.

Get loads of redbacks too near bbq's etc.Need to spray around and under patio tables and chairs.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 12:05 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Aw shit, another blooming spider to worry about!! I thought it was just red backs! Oh well, I kill anything that moves anyway!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 9:49 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Beats Mortein
Old Oct 14th 2009, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'd rather use mortein and my husband's timberland boots thank you very much. You will hear me in QLD if I ever see anything like that.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002

... and he's moved - last night I saw him scuttle under the fascia boards on the garage - just one lonnng leg sticking out - unless he's brought his mates along.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

I'd rather use mortein and my husband's timberland boots thank you very much. You will hear me in QLD if I ever see anything like that.
You might as well throw the can of mortein at it rather than bother spraying.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 1:31 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

How big was it? Could be a jumping spider.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.