Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Spice Avenue Birkdale - Expats Curry League

The Spice Avenue Birkdale - Expats Curry League

Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:35 am
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The Spice Avenue Birkdale - Expats Curry League

Hi peeps that are going to Breakfast Creek Hotel on Saturday.

A little birdie (thanks brissydeb) let me know that you guys are having a meet-up and I was hoping hubby and I could crash, along with another couple I have just met from Yorkshire.

I understand that you have already made the reservation, so we can get a separate table and scooch up once you guys are finished or something?

I can take rejection, so let me know

Chanelle (& Neil, and Kip & Dave)
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wheeler-Jones

A little birdie (thanks brissydeb) let me know that you guys are having a meet-up and I was hoping hubby and I could crash, along with another couple I have just met from Yorkshire.

I understand that you have already made the reservation, so we can get a separate table and scooch up once you guys are finished or something?

Can't see any problem with that personally It's ages since we met up with any gatecrashers C yous on Saturday
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Can't see any problem with that personally It's ages since we met up with any gatecrashers C yous on Saturday

Hi Bobby

Should we phone the BCH and let them know we need a bigger table or do you think they will be able to accommodate us all when we arrive? BTW where did you go on Saturday?

Debbie
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:07 am
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Woo hoo - I am a like a rebel or something!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Hi Bobby

Should we phone the BCH and let them know we need a bigger table or do you think they will be able to accommodate us all when we arrive? BTW where did you go on Saturday?

Debbie
Tables all sorted (24 ) and booked Debbie with no more space available unfortunately Ended up around Embassy somewhere cos her who must be obeyed didn't fancy the Valley :curse: Must be old age creeping in i guess
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Tables all sorted (24 ) and booked Debbie with no more space available unfortunately Ended up around Embassy somewhere cos her who must be obeyed didn't fancy the Valley :curse: Must be old age creeping in i guess

Bobby

We met you in Gilhooleys after you had been to the Embassy??!!

Debbie
Old Jul 24th 2008, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

owen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really nice

FREE 232BAR
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:18 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wheeler-Jones

The more the merrier is our normal motto.

So does that mean you squeezed them in? If not they could still come as they can't stop them coming for a drink then they can just ask for a bar meal on the day???

Originally Posted by owen709646
FREE 232BAR
He's well and truly in the stocks with no hope of freedom, the chaos bread can cause and you would think it was so harmless.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

owen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really nice

All it takes is a simple loaf and a simple oaf, (only kidding Grahame)
Old Jul 25th 2008, 6:12 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

He's well and truly in the stocks with no hope of freedom, the chaos bread can cause and you would think it was so harmless.
Crumbs!.......
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:54 am
Ber-kerk

Now then people ! Getting back on tracks, will you all note that the table has been reserved for 7:30pm sharp (which usually means 5 bells in the pub )
Hiya Bobby

What is the reservation under? I could just listen out for all the accents (which actually could be fun ) but if any one knows and happens to read this before leaving, can you please let me know.

Cheers and see you guys soon.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

cresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond repute

We can't make it, I've let G know the details, suffice to say Sean is now sitting at the river crossing with a roaring fire going BBQing Mud Crab & Flathead & drinking beer while waiting for the flood water to subside. High tide was 3.50PM so I'm expecting him in about 7 hours
I knew if he went fishing he'd be late:curse:
Old Jul 26th 2008, 8:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta's conscience
We can't make it, I've let G know the details, suffice to say Sean is now sitting at the river crossing with a roaring fire going BBQing Mud Crab & Flathead & drinking beer while waiting for the flood water to subside. High tide was 3.50PM so I'm expecting him in about 7 hours
I knew if he went fishing he'd be late:curse:
Well you can't blame me, my shift only just started and I'm not responsible for disasters that heppen outside it
Old Jul 26th 2008, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

cresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well you can't blame me, my shift only just started and I'm not responsible for disasters that heppen outside it
I'm starting to doubt his dubious story. When I got the first text it was something about wheels, I thought they had done a trailer wheel bearing again. His next was something about a tree and the creek being over the wheels. When he finally rang me, he'd climbed a tree at the side of the creek to get a better signal on his phone, to tell me that the flood water & high tide combined had made the creek uncrossable until low tide tonight sometime around nine. He's somewhat intoxicated & I gather his phone is flat as I can't get him at all now.
If him & Michael are in a pub somewhere.............................
He's just sent me a pic to prove the creek is over how do I upload it to you?
Old Jul 26th 2008, 1:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta's conscience
I'm starting to doubt his dubious story. When I got the first text it was something about wheels, I thought they had done a trailer wheel bearing again. His next was something about a tree and the creek being over the wheels. When he finally rang me, he'd climbed a tree at the side of the creek to get a better signal on his phone, to tell me that the flood water & high tide combined had made the creek uncrossable until low tide tonight sometime around nine. He's somewhat intoxicated & I gather his phone is flat as I can't get him at all now.
If him & Michael are in a pub somewhere.............................
He's just sent me a pic to prove the creek is over how do I upload it to you?
Haven't a clue, my phone isn't that posh - I'm too scared of dropping it to get anything modern Which creek, I'll check out the flood water figures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.