Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Sorry, embarrassing question about money

Wikiposts

Sorry, embarrassing question about money

Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:46 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sorry, embarrassing question about money

I am just about to watch the movie Rango with my son.

It looks good, is it?
Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu

It looks good, is it?
tell you what amazulu, why don't you watch it and decide for your self.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:56 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
For what its worth as someeone in the gold buisness. We (multinational mining company) are forecasting gold will get over the US$2000 line in the next 12 months
The problem is that there will be US$2 to the Aussie if that happens.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

It took me a long time to come to the conclusion that we are definately not buying ANY property!
At 47 I have been in financial strife in my time (recession in the 80's, OH had a business that went tits up), so i therefore dont want to be struggling with a mortgage, investment property,no, definately not, in short we probably could not afford it, having roughly only a 15% deposit, and just about getting by renting! We could probably afford another 150 dollars a week in rent, but thats about it, and we do save this.
Sure i would love to travel, but at the moment i still have two girls to support, and for me it , being the type of person i am , it is more important to me that one day i will be able to retire. i have became obsessed about retirement (am definatley becoming more ozzified by the minute,). In my mind i just want to know i have some financial stability for the future. I will be entitled to the full pension from the u.k , having worked there 27 years (and paid the rest here), and super from the nhs uk, and i invest more in super here , rightly or wrongly!

I do intend to talk to a financial advisor (will get round to it some time, for me thats an arduous task! I hate stuff like that (which probably explains my situation now).

So its good that i can sound things out a bit on here, and dont worry i have been around BE long enough, to know not to risk my life on it.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
To be completely honest I'd stuff it into a 6.10% short term deposit or a high interest account. Looking at the global stock markets and commodities dumping this week nothing is safe other than cash in a bank. Property here is a bad bet and I think the whole global economy is pitching south now. Best safe than sorry because my own shares and commodities are covered in blood this week. It's not a buy - I think things are moving bearish.

Edit- Dean mkII may be right long term with gold in time but I don't think the correction is done yet.
mmmmm that tends to be my thinking.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:00 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
mmmmm that tends to be my thinking.
It's about the best suggestion so far.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I do intend to talk to a financial advisor (will get round to it some time, for me thats an arduous task! I hate stuff like that (which probably explains my situation now).

So its good that i can sound things out a bit on here, and dont worry i have been around BE long enough, to know not to risk my life on it.
I've never had advice from a 'financial advisor' where the advice didn't benefit them more than me. Bunch of crooks. !
Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:02 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I've never had advice from a 'financial advisor' where the advice didn't benefit them more than me. Bunch of crooks. !
Definitely. Line them up with the accountants and lawyers and start the guns. The world would be a better place.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:02 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

It took me a long time to come to the conclusion that we are definately not buying ANY property!
At 47 I have been in financial strife in my time (recession in the 80's, OH had a business that went tits up), so i therefore dont want to be struggling with a mortgage, investment property,no, definately not, in short we probably could not afford it, having roughly only a 15% deposit, and just about getting by renting! We could probably afford another 150 dollars a week in rent, but thats about it, and we do save this.
Sure i would love to travel, but at the moment i still have two girls to support, and for me it , being the type of person i am , it is more important to me that one day i will be able to retire. i have became obsessed about retirement (am definatley becoming more ozzified by the minute,). In my mind i just want to know i have some financial stability for the future. I will be entitled to the full pension from the u.k , having worked there 27 years (and paid the rest here), and super from the nhs uk, and i invest more in super here , rightly or
wrongly!
I do intend to talk to a financial advisor (will get round to it some time, for me thats an arduous task! I hate stuff like that (which probably explains my
situation now)
Speak to a financial advisor with a huge pinch of salt in your hand and remember who pays his/her commissions ...
Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:07 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherro
tell you what amazulu, why don't you watch it and decide for your self.
But I want 'advice' from BE 'experts'.

Well?
Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:09 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

It looks good, is it?
It's great. One of the best films I've yet to see.

Said like a fully commissioned BE expert
Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

Well?

ok its pretty good, have to say... but its no toy story 3
Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:10 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Well?
Buy your popcorn and get your bum cheeks stuck in a seat dudette.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:12 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Buy your popcorn and get your bum cheeks stuck in a seat dudette.
I guess i could make some popcorn but we're having my wife's delicious pizza instead
Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
also my line of thinking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.