Sony TV deal ....

Old Oct 29th 2009, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sony TV deal ....

Pretty massive deal by the looks of things.... free 25,000 PS3's and the Play TV's (Tivo clone program...for ps3 only better) comes out in Aus on November 26th.

I'm tempted... 1800 for the 42 inch eco, with the ps3 or 2300 for the 46 eco LCD... with basically a free blu ray player/ games consul/ tivo thown in..

Anyone taken note of what this DLNA can do, which the Sonys have... pretty sheet hot, dont need a dedicated media pc.

Are sony bringing out a new consul next year or something ?
Old Oct 29th 2009, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sony TV deal ....

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Pretty massive deal by the looks of things.... free 25,000 PS3's and the Play TV's (Tivo clone program...for ps3 only better) comes out in Aus on November 26th.

I'm tempted... 1800 for the 42 inch eco, with the ps3 or 2300 for the 46 eco LCD... with basically a free blu ray player/ games consul/ tivo thown in..

Anyone taken note of what this DLNA can do, which the Sonys have... pretty sheet hot, dont need a dedicated media pc.

Check out the "Probox 500" at $330(msy.com.au) plus adding a hard drive and wireless dongle you get a much better media player /recorder with AVI in (record Foxtel etc)

No, they are sadly lagging well behind sales of the XBox and Wii - they will likely drop this from their sales list as take up has been so poor
Old Oct 29th 2009, 8:23 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sony TV deal ....

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

they did it last yr when they went from a 40 to 80 gig ps3 . was a way of getting rid of old units i guess . same now with 120 to 250 gig ones. play tv works very well imo loads of aussies have imported it from uk . do a search on whirlpool forum.