Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Something I Didn't Know!!!!!

Wikiposts

Something I Didn't Know!!!!!

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Something I Didn't Know!!!!!

I know this might sound like i'm an anorak but i was told that when water goes down the plug hole in aus it goes anti clokwise and vise versa in the uk not that it makes any difference or awt but i was that confused i tried it and it does go clockwise here' so would like a response from anyone in aus if its true (no i'm not a scientist just a meer electrician)
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:48 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Something I Didn't Know!!!!!

Originally Posted by grahampaula
I know this might sound like i'm an anorak but i was told that when water goes down the plug hole in aus it goes anti clokwise and vise versa in the uk not that it makes any difference or awt but i was that confused i tried it and it does go clockwise here' so would like a response from anyone in aus if its true (no i'm not a scientist just a meer electrician)
Does that mean although every one thinks they are driving on the left they are infact driving on the right? Like when every one thinks they are not voting for Tony they have infact swapped the names around so you are infact voting for the pillock?

Yes Im pissed again.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thebears
Does that mean although every one thinks they are driving on the left they are infact driving on the right? Like when every one thinks they are not voting for Tony they have infact swapped the names around so you are infact voting for the pillock?

Yes Im pissed again.
Could do with a pint off what you've had lol
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:54 am

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Hiya!

I don't live down under but yes the water does go anti-clockwise in Aus. It's to do with the equator and if you are standing exactly on the equator then the water goes straight down!!

Just thought you would like to know ;-)

Cheers,
Dave
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:56 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave and Lyns

It's to do with the equator and if you are standing exactly on the equator then the water goes straight down!!

Cheers,
Dave

Bloody hell I didn't know that! you ain't taking the pi$$ are ya? lol
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:59 am
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
no there not. it's all to do with the magnetic field around the earth and the only place that the water can go straight down is on the equator
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Funny thats what the wife said when i told her
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:03 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparks124
no there not. it's all to do with the magnetic field around the earth and the only place that the water can go straight down is on the equator

but I don't see how it can?

how wide is the equator anyway? y'know could one place be south of the equator and then 2 foot away it be north of the equator...d'ya get me? Would your sink have to be exactly on the equator....no I can't see how that would work! .....oh no my brain is hurting now!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sparks124

sorry to put a fly in the ointment, but I am in Oz and I have 2 basins side by side in our bathroom. Just filled both and emptied both at same time. One anticlockwise and one clockwise I'm afraid - right to the bottom too !
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:07 am
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by Izzy
sorry to put a fly in the ointment, but I am in Oz and I have 2 basins side by side in our bathroom. Just filled both and emptied both at same time. One anticlockwise and one clockwise I'm afraid - right to the bottom too !

freaky! :scared:
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:08 am
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

have you been on the already?
try agian one at a time.
BE Forum Addict

I think it will do that if you are on the same outlet 'try them seperatly and it should always go anti clockwise
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Does that mean that at north and south poles the water goes up?
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dotnron
Does that mean that at north and south poles the water goes up?
ERRR
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:11 am
s**t rolls down hill

but I don't see how it can?

how wide is the equator anyway? y'know could one place be south of the equator and then 2 foot away it be north of the equator...d'ya get me? Would your sink have to be exactly on the equator....no I can't see how that would work! .....oh no my brain is hurting now!
right on the equator it goes straight down, to one side will twist only slightly. the further from the equator the faster the twist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.