Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Some Nice, Cheap Hotels in Sydney??

Some Nice, Cheap Hotels in Sydney??

Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light
Question Some Nice, Cheap Hotels in Sydney??

I'm looking for exactly what the thread says, some nice, cheap hotels in Sydney, family friendly.

I'm hoping that someone could recommend somewhere??

In 2006 we stayed in (what we thought we had booked) was a family friendly hotel in Brisbane which turned out to be in the Red Light District... and was out of there after one night.... horrible place, it was, and i don't want to make the same mistake this time in Sydney....

Thanks Guys...
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:27 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some Nice, Cheap Hotels in Sydney??

Originally Posted by memewest
I'm looking for exactly what the thread says, some nice, cheap hotels in Sydney, family friendly.

I'm hoping that someone could recommend somewhere??

In 2006 we stayed in (what we thought we had booked) was a family friendly hotel in Brisbane which turned out to be in the Red Light District... and was out of there after one night.... horrible place, it was, and i don't want to make the same mistake this time in Sydney....

Thanks Guys...
When you mentioned "cheap", Kings Cross was my first thought.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Bloke
When you mentioned "cheap", Kings Cross was my first thought.

Not THAT cheap....

Something reasonable, preferably NOT in any red light area..... can laugh at that now, but really was a horrible little place...
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:38 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by memewest
Not THAT cheap....

Something reasonable, preferably NOT in any red light area..... can laugh at that now, but really was a horrible little place...
Maybe you could find something decent here......www.wotif.com/hotels/cheap-hotels-sydney.html
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Maybe you could find something decent here......www.wotif.com/hotels/cheap-hotels-sydney.html

Thankyou...will have a good look...
Old Sep 19th 2008, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to use nice & cheap in the same sentence when describing hotels in Sydney. We refuse to pay the silly prices in the city and whenever we really have to stay overnight we use one of the YHAs.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NigelWaring
Hard to use nice & cheap in the same sentence when describing hotels in Sydney. We refuse to pay the silly prices in the city and whenever we really have to stay overnight we use one of the YHAs.
Ditto, and this place is rated as one of the best YHA's in the world. I will only ever stay at this place when visiting Sydney from now on. It's park the car and forget it, because of the fantastic location. One point it is fully self catering though. Its easy for a family of four here.

http://www.yha.com.au/hostels/details.cfm?hostelid=29
Old Sep 20th 2008, 5:04 am
Wirral to Lake Macquarie

andy170773 is an unknown quantity at this point

we stayed in the sydney harbour b&b last november, in the rocks, family room was $140 per night, and the breakfast was never ending, 2 mins to most sight seeing stuff, nice quiet area.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

irene4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I stayed at the Travelodge Sydney Wentworth Ave in April and really liked it.
It was clean, not too expensive and close to everything.
Not sure if they have familyrooms but maybe you could email them.

greetings Irene