Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Soldier hacked to death in London

Soldier hacked to death in London

Old May 28th 2013, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soldier hacked to death in London

Originally Posted by NedKelly

No doubt I have offended someone with this.
Only human intelligence
Old May 28th 2013, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

There is a very important distinction between the scripture of the bible and the scripture of the Koran and people just don't get it.

Essentially the bible is a collection of stories written by different authors put together in two volumes. The Old Testament is obviously a story book although there are still stupid people that believe it says the earth was created at 9.30am in 2002BC together with the dinosaurs. The New testament is the story of Christs life as told by the disciples.

The koran is completely different as it is the actual word of God (allah) as written down by mohammed exactly as it was recited to him. It is basically a blueprint for how to live your life.

You cannot compare the two. It's like comparing apples with oranges. This is important when people say it is just the way it is interpreted because the koran is very very clear and there is little interpretation possible.

So when people say that the bible is just as bad because it talks of things like an eye for an eye, that is from the Old testament, which is a story book. The new testament in Matthew says turn the other cheek.

I don't think it talks about an eye for an eye in the koran, but if it did it is the word of god and therefore is not open to interpretation.

Actually Ned, I thank you for your contribution...

I like Swervo's point about the reformation.

What interests me about the reformation of course is that some obstinate soul basically nationalised his religion and it's never been the same since. Oh how Islam must laugh! Seriously, I do respect religion and before I put the boot in I try to make some sort of value-judgement on what people are saying about their religion - it's something I would hate to make assumptions about on all sides.

What is striking about Christianity is that people claim to very much believe in God - and have often got there having rationalised it all personally for themselves, and will tell you they believe in God to your face, and in quite an inoffensive and agreeable manner, - but of course, they still don't take it as seriously as many a Muslim!
Old May 28th 2013, 9:06 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Another example of integration?

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; May 28th 2013 at 9:08 am.
Old May 28th 2013, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elmtree
Anyway, it's too late to reverse. We will all be muslms in 20/30 years anyway, so we might as well do it now, rather than prolong the agony.
I could buy some cloth I suppose. Yes, unfortunately there seem to be more opportunities for extremism within Islam, as it is appearing. But the Bible as I understood also had many violent verses, but fortunately these were updated for modern times.

Anyway, basic humanity should recognise and filter out violence, in an ideal world I guess.
Old May 28th 2013, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
A journalist has on gone on record to complain that why should moderate Muslims have to apologise for the radical members, or even appeal for calm. She claims there is clear seperation. Christian extremists are fairly rare, really.

The problem is that people eye Islam with a degree of suspicion and have difficulty wondering how close the extreme side of it is to moderate Islam.
And it does seem that Islam does create it's fair share of lunatics. The Koran or the Bible does not make much sense - after all the Bible talks about 'An Eye for an eye' et cetera but we don't see Christians issuing fatwas.

I feel sorry for muslims in other countries - for one thing they are third world, their people's are subjugated in ways we are not in the West, their religion is tied to culture in a way it is not in the West, their quality of life and expectaion of life is less - and they take religion much more seriously. As I've said before though, in some ways this forms the resentment - they see the decadent West as aborrent - and what really damns is when 'Christian' soldiers from the West are sent to help out and meddle in their affairs. This is the No 1 reason for resentment - don't forget it!
Great post, thanks.

Yes I agree. It is hard for moderates, who knows there may be many, but this image problem is getting larger and larger... And it also then creates resentment because as normal Western folk start being a little suspicous/distant, the normal Muslims feel it - discrimination/prejudice/distrust/resentment.

Uck! Just uck!

Let's hope for the best though!
Old May 28th 2013, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

No, I always appreciate some genuine education.
Merci.
Old May 28th 2013, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

Another example of integration?
Yes, I think the libtards would call it multicultural enrichment.
Old May 28th 2013, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

The koran is completely different as it is the actual word of God (allah) as written down by mohammed exactly as it was recited to him. It is basically a blueprint for how to live your life.
That's the danger. Written by one person with one opinion rather than a collective set of stories that has evolved over the centuries.
Old May 28th 2013, 10:13 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
That's the danger. Written by one person with one opinion rather than a collective set of stories that has evolved over the centuries.
The danger is not with the stories but with people choosing to believe and act on the stories.
Old May 28th 2013, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
There are plenty of anti-war radicals who might have done the same though!
Old May 28th 2013, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floatsy
No, I always appreciate some genuine education.
Merci.
Problem is what he was saying was anything but the truth. Because someone posts something on an internet forum doesn't make it fact. The poster is clearly anti muslim and often a racist so that should give you a clue.
Old May 28th 2013, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

There are plenty of anti-war radicals who might have done the same though!
Or just plain ignorant stupid vile people.... Like this Lancastrian woman...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...n-wendy-243657
Old May 28th 2013, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

As I've said before though, in some ways this forms the resentment - they see the decadent West as aborrent - and what really damns is when 'Christian' soldiers from the West are sent to help out and meddle in their affairs. This is the No 1 reason for resentment - don't forget it!
Like this chap:
http://theuglytruth.wordpress.com/20...nd-her-family/ "He also cited a lack of leadership and help from the Army."

I don't blame the low-IQ soldiers. Rather, I hold their officers responsible - for creating the fierce resentment that leads the occasional low-IQ Moslems in the West to do what they do.
Old May 28th 2013, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
Problem is what he was saying was anything but the truth. Because someone posts something on an internet forum doesn't make it fact. The poster is clearly anti muslim and often a racist so that should give you a clue.
You can't handle the truth.
Old May 28th 2013, 9:46 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-22689552

This is a great story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.