Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Soldier hacked to death in London

Soldier hacked to death in London

Old May 26th 2013, 12:00 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soldier hacked to death in London

Originally Posted by Beoz
Repatriate where? There are many who don't have a homeland as there grandfather came from Turkey and their grandmother came from Egypt. It would be far easier for people with your odd views to move to Perth.
OMG how could you be so cruel, at least give them the option of Turkey or Egypt before sending them to somewhere like Perth
Old May 26th 2013, 12:01 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
OMG how could you be so cruel, at least give them the option of Turkey or Egypt before sending them to somewhere like Perth
But at least in Perth they're not going to drown

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798119
Old May 26th 2013, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
But at least in Perth they're not going to drown

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798119
Nice Cliffs
Old May 26th 2013, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

airlineguy1980 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Beoz
Repatriate where? There are many who don't have a homeland as there grandfather came from Turkey and their grandmother came from Egypt. It would be far easier for people with your odd views to move to Perth.
Hats off to you beoz. Keel should ship himself to isolated island Perth is still not may be Tasmania or Antarctic should be a fine chance. If he go the rest will learn how to live with tolerance.
Old May 26th 2013, 7:35 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keel
Yes all practising Muslims.

Everybody knows some Muslims and everyone knows that most are good people, I've worked with quite a few in the last couple of years, but I don't think the 2 groups are compatible with each other.

I must admit in Perth I haven't seen any of the problems that exist in the UK. But that's the point I'm trying to make the Muslims will never fit into British culture. They don't want to and even if they did the British don't like them and will not accept them. I can't think of any other groups in the UK where this problem exists. Can you?

That's why I said deport them. It was the wrong term to use I should have said repatriate them. I think this will be a lot better for everyone before it becomes too late and the blood letting starts.

Keel

They are part of British culture now. The extremists are the urgent problem, that need to be moderated somehow, but the rest are no better or worse than the many other religions that persist in Britain.
Old May 26th 2013, 9:41 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shard
They are part of British culture now. The extremists are the urgent problem, that need to be moderated somehow, but the rest are no better or worse than the many other religions that persist in Britain.
I have a better idea... engineer a Jihad between Sunni' and Shia' and let them get on with slaughtering one another.
They seem pretty keen on that already. All we need to do is make sure we keep pouring petrol on the flames.
Problem solved.
Old May 26th 2013, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I have a better idea... engineer a Jihad between Sunni' and Shia' and let them get on with slaughtering one another. They seem pretty keen on that already. All we need to do is make sure we keep pouring petrol on the flames. Problem solved.
But isn't that what was done by the US and its allies in Iraq, by the invasion? The West's grand plan for the Middle East was to destabilise it in that precise way.

As to the tone of your post: please tell me you're not one of these people who regard Moslems as sub-human.
Old May 26th 2013, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
But isn't that what was done by the US and its allies in Iraq, by the invasion? The West's grand plan for the Middle East was to destabilise it in that precise way.

As to the tone of your post: please tell me you're not one of these people who regard Moslems as sub-human.
Yes mate, of course it was.

I'm more than happy to see religious nutters trying to kill one another rather than trying to kill me and mine...and its Muslims
Old May 26th 2013, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I was at a dinner party on Saturday night and expected the tone to be quite liberal with regard to Islam especially as someone opened with talking about tabloid reaction to muslim people.

In fact the conversation turned to the subordination of women - and this was primarily a reason why some felt Islam is troublesome and not worth 2 bob.....

the problem I have is reconciling the cultural stuff. Bear in mind, they might feel Christian countries are culturally decadent across the board.

The nutters are something else.
Old May 27th 2013, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I think the average Muslim is probably as horrified about this event and the others before it just as the average non-muslim. Most muslims go about their business without the care or need to bother anyone else about their religion. There a tonnes of non-practicing muslims just like their are non-practicing Christians. The catch is that some of the readings of the Koran and views of some Muslim leaders have not made it past the 5 century unlike other religions which have developed and evolved with the times. All it takes is some insecure poor sole, with a need to grab onto something, to mis-interpret, and use a poisonous cocktail of self doubt and an undeveloped religion for the wrong purposes.
Old May 27th 2013, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

We have the recent history of Northern Ireland to remind us all how savage Christian sects can be. I was brought up in an Australian town that was bitterly divided between RCs and Proddies. (They didn't murder each other, though, quite!)
Old May 27th 2013, 5:12 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
We have the recent history of Northern Ireland to remind us all how savage Christian sects can be. I was brought up in an Australian town that was bitterly divided between RCs and Proddies. (They didn't murder each other, though, quite!)

I can't help feeling that any one organised religion is as equally worthless as the next. But I dare say that the haters would find something else to justify their activities, even with no religions.

S
Old May 27th 2013, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I can't help feeling that any one organised religion is as equally worthless as the next. But I dare say that the haters would find something else to justify their activities, even with no religions.

S
Some people have 'hated' Australia with a vengeance and a vitriol bordering on the mania seen in organised religion....
Old May 27th 2013, 8:02 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

S
This is actually not true and serious error that many atheists make. Some religions are worse than others (as noted in Beoz's post above).
Old May 27th 2013, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Just VOTE UKIP - Get us out of the EU and sort the mess out.

i am shocked and disgusted this happens in broad daylight and in UK.... no one saved that man at all? just stand there with their fancy Samsung and iphones..... disgusting...
What a simplistic, ignorant viewpoint.

Also, there were two women who approached and helped the victim directly. One even stood and conversed with the murderer whilst he held a machete in his hands, and his hands were laden with blood. She reacted with calm, composure, empathy and intelligence.

UKIP can definitely do well though in this fear mongering induced environment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.