British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   sold our house!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/sold-our-house-472174/)

ozzieclare2b Aug 7th 2007 8:45 am

sold our house!!!

woo hooo sold, so far so good!! so we wil be moving into rented until we get the visa. Dont know when to start loking for a rental as EA reckons it ould take around 12 weeks to complete. Also need to rehome dog as hes not coming to oz and it will be hard finding a rental with him ( i feel so guilty i cant pcik up the phone yet to sort it all out ).

anyway its all exciting stuff geeze hope they give us a visa!!:)x clare

mindblower Aug 7th 2007 8:55 am

Re: sold our house!!!

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b (Post 5157748)
woo hooo sold, so far so good!! so we wil be moving into rented until we get the visa. Dont know when to start loking for a rental as EA reckons it ould take around 12 weeks to complete. Also need to rehome dog as hes not coming to oz and it will be hard finding a rental with him ( i feel so guilty i cant pcik up the phone yet to sort it all out ).

Big congrats !

hitchcock71 Aug 7th 2007 8:55 am

well done

Issie Aug 7th 2007 8:58 am

Congrats ......fab news :thumbup:

ozzieclare2b Aug 7th 2007 9:00 am

thanks guys. Sorry for the typos still trying to get used to new keyboard on laptop. At least thats one thing less to worry about when we get visa and will be able to save up so much more now!!

Amanda Jayne Aug 7th 2007 9:08 am

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b (Post 5157748)

I'm glad to find someone else who is selling their home BEFORE the get visa approval. We keep thinking we are mad! :confused: We have an 'Open House' this Saturday, so we a filling skips this week in a desperate effort to declutter.

Well done on selling yours. I hope it all runs smoothly. :)

Sorry about your dog, we have had to find a new home for our cat as he will not be coming. The new owner has said they will rename him before they take him to the vets. We call him Scrag. His new owners surname is Spragg. Imagine the vet shouting "Scrag Spragg" in the waiting room. :rofl:

Amanda

ozzieclare2b Aug 7th 2007 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Amanda Jayne (Post 5157848)
I'm glad to find someone else who is selling their home BEFORE the get visa approval. We keep thinking we are mad! :confused: We have an 'Open House' this Saturday, so we a filling skips this week in a desperate effort to declutter.

Well done on selling yours. I hope it all runs smoothly. :)

Sorry about your dog, we have had to find a new home for our cat as he will not be coming. The new owner has said they will rename him before they take him to the vets. We call him Scrag. His new owners surname is Spragg. Imagine the vet shouting "Scrag Spragg" in the waiting room. :rofl:

Amanda

:rofl:i know plenty of people think we are mad but i would rather sell now then worry about having visa and having to hang on here until we are sold. Anyway if we dont get visa we will just buy another house so we are not really losing anything. I would do what is best for you. we will save far more money in rented plus the housing market is slowing . Good luck with selling yours too hun xx clare

TMRE Aug 7th 2007 9:21 am

Congratulations :thumbsup:. We have had ours on the market since may and had no interest yet. The market seems to have slowed a bit here and a large number of 4 beds came on to beat HIPS :thumbdown:. Not to worried as we haven't even applied for visa yet. If we sell and rent somewhere we can £500 a month on the mortgage though.
Hope you find somewhere for your dog. We had to let our springer spaniel go last year and I was heart broken. We do get regular updates from the new owner so that helps
Hope your new life in OZ goes well
Tam

farrierswife Aug 7th 2007 9:23 am

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b (Post 5157896)
:rofl:i know plenty of people think we are mad but i would rather sell now then worry about having visa and having to hang on here until we are sold. Anyway if we dont get visa we will just buy another house so we are not really losing anything. I would do what is best for you. we will save far more money in rented plus the housing market is slowing . Good luck with selling yours too hun xx clare

Well done Clare, we've just sold ours too, its all a bit nerve racking, just filled out the form on fixtures and fittings and have hand returned it to soliciter in a hope it goes faster!, best of luck for a smooth sale.

crankysid Aug 7th 2007 9:51 am

Congratulations :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers, Cranky.

kjc79 Aug 8th 2007 4:55 pm

well done claire saw your sold sign up when passing.:thumbsup:our completion is friday, fingers crossed, moving into rental friday/saturday. taken blinking long enough.
hope it goes nice and smooth 4 you all.
kath x

robos Aug 8th 2007 7:05 pm

congratulations

wish we could sell ours its been on the market 18 mths now
arrrrgh:curse:
jan xx

ozzieclare2b Aug 9th 2007 11:49 am

ty everyone kath have pm'd you xx:thumbsup:

JoolsB Aug 9th 2007 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b (Post 5157896)

Well done! we've sold early too-completing end of month and then moving into rental for 6 months til we go (just found something to rent-no mean feat with dogs!) here's hoping visas come thru soon!:)

ozzieclare2b Aug 9th 2007 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by JoolsB (Post 5168378)
Well done! we've sold early too-completing end of month and then moving into rental for 6 months til we go (just found something to rent-no mean feat with dogs!) here's hoping visas come thru soon!:)

thanks jools can i ask how long before completion you started looking for a rental?? EA told us not to look just yet could take 12 weeks does this sound right?? There are only 3 of us in chain, us at top our buyers and their buyers are first time ones. Dont want to leave it until the week before to try and find one. x clare