British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Soccer vs League (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/soccer-vs-league-708219/)

DeadVim Mar 7th 2011 12:15 am

Soccer vs League

Aw diddums, a little cold are we?
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...ds_466_get.jpg

Alternative neck warming device
http://www.sporttours.com.au/images/state-of-origin.jpg

brissybee Mar 7th 2011 5:36 am

Re: Soccer vs League

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 9222225)

I think the one in the top pic could have hickeys.

Did the bottom one have brain surgery?

(Call me the footy guru.)

DeadVim Mar 7th 2011 6:02 am

Originally Posted by brissybee (Post 9222625)

I know which one I'd want on my side in a fight :D

I'm delaying naming my fantasy NRL squad until I know who is getting charged with rape/betting scandal/drunken behaviour ;)

cresta57 Mar 7th 2011 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 9222654)
I know which one I'd want on my side in a fight :D

I'm delaying naming my fantasy NRL squad until I know who is getting charged with rape/betting scandal/drunken behaviour ;)

So your picking some Doggies & Raiders players then lol;)

JoeBloggs80 Mar 7th 2011 10:46 pm

Can you imagine if an NRL player starting crying like Nani did the other day :rofl:

BenandPam Mar 7th 2011 11:54 pm

Can you imagine wanting to watch Rugby League? It is just for poor Northern monkeys who don't have the skill to play football or proper rugby. I mean, why does League even bother with a scrum :rofl: ?

fish.01 Mar 12th 2011 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by BenandPam (Post 9224606)
Can you imagine wanting to watch Rugby League? It is just for poor Northern monkeys who don't have the skill to play football or proper rugby. I mean, why does League even bother with a scrum :rofl: ?

On average, Australian rugby league players are more skilful than the worlds rugby players. ;) Just so you know, they retain the scrum to draw half the defending team out of the back line to open things up for an attacking move. Interestingly the laws were changed to make the game more exciting, rather than the opposite that you might be used to ;) I sometimes enjoy watching rugby but the overall skill level and flow of the game sometimes leaves me disappointed after watching Australian rugby league. I'd say in general the kiwi's are the only exception to that.

expatasia Mar 13th 2011 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by fish.01 (Post 9235460)
On average, Australian rugby league players are more skilful than the worlds rugby players. ;) Just so you know, they retain the scrum to draw half the defending team out of the back line to open things up for an attacking move. Interestingly the laws were changed to make the game more exciting, rather than the opposite that you might be used to ;) I sometimes enjoy watching rugby but the overall skill level and flow of the game sometimes leaves me disappointed after watching Australian rugby league. I'd say in general the kiwi's are the only exception to that.

Why don't they just scrap the whole sport of Rugby League and then rule the world roost in Union for years?

fish.01 Mar 14th 2011 2:25 am

Originally Posted by expatasia (Post 9236589)
Why don't they just scrap the whole sport of Rugby League and then rule the world roost in Union for years?

Because winning isn't everything....rather keep the best sport ;)

IvanM Mar 14th 2011 8:48 am

Otherwise those northern types might start revolting.

Originally Posted by expatasia (Post 9236589)

NJJ Apr 26th 2011 4:00 am

Originally Posted by fish.01 (Post 9235460)
On average, Australian rugby league players are more skilful than the worlds rugby players. ;) Just so you know,

My word Laithlan's back, but he's more well read up on his argument this time around :p

fish.01 Apr 29th 2011 7:22 am

Originally Posted by NJJ (Post 9326446)
My word Laithlan's back, but he's more well read up on his argument this time around :p

No idea who that is but they sound well smart ;)

The S's Apr 30th 2011 12:50 am

Originally Posted by brissybee (Post 9222625)

Yeah he had one installed.
Everybody knows that Footballers are precious and Tevez is a Tosser. I don't get why Duncan Ferguson gets sent to jail for headbutting an opponent yet Willie Mason Knocks out an England player and everyone thinks its all part of the game. Rugby league is a game for blokes who don't have the skills to play real football but have the size to have a good pub fight.

iamthecreaturefromuranus Apr 30th 2011 4:11 am

Originally Posted by BenandPam (Post 9224606)

Town or city.... Number of titles.... Clubs
Liverpool 27 Liverpool (18), Everton (9)
Manchester 20 Manchester United (18), Manchester City (2)
London 19 Arsenal (13), Chelsea (4), Tottenham Hotspur (2)
Birmingham 8 Aston Villa (7), West Bromwich Albion (1)
Sunderland 6 Sunderland (6)
Sheffield 5 Sheffield Wednesday (4), Sheffield United (1)
Newcastle 4 Newcastle United (4)
Leeds 3 Leeds United (3)
Blackburn 3 Blackburn Rovers (3)
Huddersfield 3 Huddersfield Town (3)

"poor Northern monkeys who don't have the skill to play football"
Shows how much you Southern scum know about football. That's a list of the English cities with most 1st division/Premier League titles.
At the end of this season United will have equalled the efforts of all the London clubs combined.

BadgeIsBack Apr 30th 2011 4:19 am

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus (Post 9334278)
Town or city.... Number of titles.... Clubs
Liverpool 27 Liverpool (18), Everton (9)
Manchester 20 Manchester United (18), Manchester City (2)
London 19 Arsenal (13), Chelsea (4), Tottenham Hotspur (2)
Birmingham 8 Aston Villa (7), West Bromwich Albion (1)
Sunderland 6 Sunderland (6)
Sheffield 5 Sheffield Wednesday (4), Sheffield United (1)
Newcastle 4 Newcastle United (4)
Leeds 3 Leeds United (3)
Blackburn 3 Blackburn Rovers (3)
Huddersfield 3 Huddersfield Town (3)

"poor Northern monkeys who don't have the skill to play football"
Shows how much you Southern scum know about football. That's a list of the English cities with most 1st division/Premier League titles.
At the end of this season United will have equalled the efforts of all the London clubs combined.

Not all Northerners are poor. Sure, they talk very strange - and 10 years in Australia makes them sound really strange (have they ever heard of a sentence?) but I've met some good Northern blokes.