Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

So, I'm going in again

So, I'm going in again

Old Aug 2nd 2016, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default So, I'm going in again

Another spine op tomorrow, this time to take out all the Robocop stuff they put in there 4 yrs ago, funnily enough, the Olympics were on then as well.

The devices are causing muscle damage which is detrimental to me being on the podium and apparently, according to my surgeon and my sister, there's things in life that non racing people need mobility for as well.

So, camera is charged and I'll get one of the team to snap away whilst I'm under. I asked them to do that when the stuff went in. The anaesthetist said in his 32 yrs on the job I was only the second person to ask for that

Better be something good on Sky in my room!
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 9:05 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So, I'm going in again

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Another spine op tomorrow, this time to take out all the Robocop stuff they put in there 4 yrs ago, funnily enough, the Olympics were on then as well.

The devices are causing muscle damage which is detrimental to me being on the podium and apparently, according to my surgeon and my sister, there's things in life that non racing people need mobility for as well.

So, camera is charged and I'll get one of the team to snap away whilst I'm under. I asked them to do that when the stuff went in. The anaesthetist said in his 32 yrs on the job I was only the second person to ask for that

Better be something good on Sky in my room!
The things you'll do for a break in training!

Tell that surgeon he/she had better look after you, or they'll have the BE mafia to deal with.

And, please put a warning sign at the start of any posts depicting your insides

All the best mate.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
The things you'll do for a break in training!

Tell that surgeon he/she had better look after you, or they'll have the BE mafia to deal with.

And, please put a warning sign at the start of any posts depicting your insides

All the best mate.
Thanks SoS

The pics of them going were great, I looked like a slab of tuna with smooth legs

Anyway, the big question is, what shall I do with the bits? I'm thinking some kind of helmet hanger?
Attached Thumbnails So, I'm going in again-image.jpg  
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 12:41 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck x
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 12:46 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus after all the effort (and expense) of putting them in! Speedy recovery
Old Aug 4th 2016, 5:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck! Bit of judicious timing there to get recovery time while the Olympics are on huh!
Old Aug 4th 2016, 6:15 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck.

Hope all goes well.
Old Aug 4th 2016, 11:22 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Oi! Just because you're stuck lying flat in bed, full to the gills with morphine and only a day post-op, doesn't mean you can't let people know how you're going

Here, read this while you're doing nothing.

A plateau is the highest form of flattery.
Some just told me to stop acting like a flamingo,
so I had to put my foot down.
The writer of 'The Hokey Cokey' song has died, it was a struggle getting him in the coffin,
They put his left leg in, then the trouble started.
My friend has opened up an ice rink charging just 10p a go,
what a cheap skate.
What do you call an alligator with GPS?
A navigator.
What do you call an alligator in a vest?
An investigator.
A Chinese man faked his own death, but his family were suspicious,
they didn't bereave him.
To that bloke in a wheelchair who nicked my camouflage jacket,
you can hide, but you can't run!
I haven't talked to my girlfriend for days now,
I don't like to interrupt her.
The man that invented throat lozenges died last week,
there was no coffin at the funeral.
I've discovered I have a logic fetish, I
I can't stop coming to conclusions.
Arriving at work today a clown opened the door for me,
I thought, that's a nice jester.
What's the difference between Bill Cosby and a Rap artist?,
the 'art'
Our daughter took a degree in ballet,
and got a 2:2
What's the difference between a kangaroo & a kangaroot?
One is a kangaroo & the other is a Geordie stuck in a lift.

A photon checks into a hotel and is asked if he needs any help with his luggage,
"no thanks, I'm travelling light."
Personal ads:- 'Alcoholic man seeks similar woman for a drink or two, maybe more'.
I've just deleted all the German names off of my phone,
now it's Hans free.
What's red and bad for your teeth?
A brick.
I still remember what my grandpa said before he kicked the bucket,
it was,
“how far do you think I can kick this bucket?"
BREAKING: Swiss Police confirm that, when arrested,
all seven FIFA officials threw themselves on the ground and pretended to be injured.
Our neighbourhood has a tiny ghost that helps out during hard times,
it's good to have a little community spirit.
Last night I bought an alcoholic ginger beer,
he wasn't happy about it.
I could barely lift my bottle of water earlier,
it was an Evian.
Just dropped my new phone in the jacuzzi,
I think it's syncing.
Jousting,
what Brummies ask bees.
On Election day, I'll take my voting slip for a candle lit dinner, champagne and truffles,
I'm going to spoil my ballot.
I've invented a new flavour of crisps,
if they're successful I'll make a packet.
They say mums have eyes in the back of their heads,
well one woman really did, but had an op to put them where they belong,
hasn't looked back since.
Some Geordie told me he was really good at flirting,
so I threw him in the swimming pool,
but he sank.
I just fell through the roof of a French bakery,
I'm in a world of pain.
My cockney mate is doing really well in the over-sized trouser business,
he's making huge strides.
I've just put my friend Richard on speed dial on the phone,
it's my Get-Rich-Quick scheme.
I met Phil Spector's brother, Crispin, the other day,
he's head of quality control at Walkers.
An old couple are at church, when the wife leans across to her husband and whispers,
"I've just let out a silent fart, what should I do?", to which he replies, "change the battery in your hearing aid".
A man has died after falling in a vat of coffee,
it was instant.
Our Grandad got his tongue shot off in the First World War,
but he doesn't talk about it.
My Doc asked if I drank to excess,
I said I'd drink to anything.
My girlfriend asked me to buy something that makes her look sexy again,
so I got a crate of lager in.
So what if I can't spell 'armaggedon'?,
it's not like it's the end of the world

You're welcome
Old Aug 5th 2016, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Indeed SoS, I am alive

Had a few setbacks due to some stubbornness with the devices and was under observation in a unit this morning. But ok now, been up and about a bit.

They ended up leaving the screws in as there was a chance of cracking a vertebra or two as the screws are coated with some kind of unobtanium that sticks to the bone.

Plus side is, if ever I need another device putting ( like a rod) the fixing points are there. Hopefully won't be needed.

2am, can't sleep, cup of tea and American Dad on the tv. Back hurts like a mofo but all on track for being released Friday afternoon.

The devices were very contaminated ( probably with sports gels ) so I couldn't keep them. I have some pics of them ( mrs TB took the camera home today) they are bigger than I expected.

Hopefully being transported to Somerset on the weekend for recovery at Mums house. Gawk bless Mrs TB, she told me to go there so it's quiet.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 3:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed SoS, I am alive

Had a few setbacks due to some stubbornness with the devices and was under observation in a unit this morning. But ok now, been up and about a bit.

They ended up leaving the screws in as there was a chance of cracking a vertebra or two as the screws are coated with some kind of unobtanium that sticks to the bone.

Plus side is, if ever I need another device putting ( like a rod) the fixing points are there. Hopefully won't be needed.

2am, can't sleep, cup of tea and American Dad on the tv. Back hurts like a mofo but all on track for being released Friday afternoon.

The devices were very contaminated ( probably with sports gels ) so I couldn't keep them. I have some pics of them ( mrs TB took the camera home today) they are bigger than I expected.

Hopefully being transported to Somerset on the weekend for recovery at Mums house. Gawk bless Mrs TB, she told me to go there so it's quiet.
So she doesn't have to deal with a grumpy arse recuperating more like.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
So she doesn't have to deal with a grumpy arse recuperating more like.
Bah, she makes lousy soup anyway and never seems to hear the the cowbell ringing.
Old Aug 6th 2016, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Very pleased to hear that it all went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 2:33 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Bah, she makes lousy soup anyway and never seems to hear the the cowbell ringing.
I hope Mrs TB prods you in your sore bits the next time she sees you !

Glad it all went well.

You must be looking forward to getting back to your training......
Old Aug 7th 2016, 6:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Speedy recovery TB.

And thanks for the laughs SoS. A giggle is just what the doctor ordered. ❤
Old Aug 7th 2016, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

Indeed SoS, I am alive

Had a few setbacks .. and was under observation in a unit this morning.

They ended up leaving the screws in ..

.. but all on track for being released Friday afternoon.
:
Are you in prison???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.