British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   so how much does it cost (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/so-how-much-does-cost-700069/)

sasbear Jan 10th 2011 10:56 pm

so how much does it cost

to hire a chef? I am sick of cooking and also sick of getting sick from MY cooking:thumbdown:

Any volunteers out there who would like to cook for me???

sonlymewalter Jan 10th 2011 11:18 pm

Re: so how much does it cost

Originally Posted by sasbear (Post 9092029)
to hire a chef? I am sick of cooking and also sick of getting sick from MY cooking:thumbdown:

ask some local mates who feel the same way and do a "cook swap"

Everyone makes a meal and puts them in the plastic containers and freezes them then swaps with someone else for one of their meals:thumbup:

sasbear Jan 10th 2011 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 9092065)
ask some local mates who feel the same way and do a "cook swap"

Everyone makes a meal and puts them in the plastic containers and freezes them then swaps with someone else for one of their meals:thumbup:

But wouldn't be rather unfair to the person who gets my concoction???? I have now poisonend myself 3 times....:confused:

jothefw Jan 10th 2011 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by sasbear (Post 9092029)

Slight relief that it's just price of chefs you were enquiring about, just dipped into your "concerned" post :blink:

No idea on chefs but what about those companies online that deliver - be bloody expensive but nicer than food poisoning! :thumbup:

eddie007 Jan 10th 2011 11:47 pm

Should do what I did... Marry a better cook than yourself... Tho I did manage steak and chips for nine lqst night and a pavlova... For once no one complained of poisoning:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

sasbear Jan 10th 2011 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by jothefw (Post 9092101)
Slight relief that it's just price of chefs you were enquiring about, just dipped into your "concerned" post :blink:

No idea on chefs but what about those companies online that deliver - be bloody expensive but nicer than food poisoning! :thumbup:

There's a thought - bit pricey tho - but maybe I could look at buying frozen meals from shops...

sasbear Jan 10th 2011 11:48 pm

[QUOTE=eddie007;9092108]Should do what I did... Marry a better cook than yourself... I did - but that's another story......

eddie007 Jan 10th 2011 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by sasbear (Post 9092110)
There's a thought - bit pricey tho - but maybe I could look at buying frozen meals from shops...

Not in wa you couldnt....

irishbloo Jan 10th 2011 11:55 pm

Hiring a chef to cook you meals for one on a regular base could work out expensive.Why not have a look at some cookery classes.You might meet like minded people like yourself.A friend of mine runs classes here in Wa like this.

sasbear Jan 10th 2011 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by irishbloo (Post 9092122)
Hiring a chef to cook you meals for one on a regular base could work out expensive.Why not have a look at some cookery classes.You might meet like minded people like yourself.A friend of mine runs classes here in Wa like this.

another great idea - I was looking to find an activity to get me out and meet people - I am looking online now for soemthing like this where I am

Cheers

eddie007 Jan 11th 2011 12:10 am

Why not volunteer for meals on wheels deliveries... You can get out and meet people and you'll get given a free dinner too! You'd be AMAZED at how minced beef can be served up in so many interesting ways....

sonlymewalter Jan 11th 2011 12:17 am

Originally Posted by sasbear (Post 9092073)
But wouldn't be rather unfair to the person who gets my concoction???? I have now poisonend myself 3 times....:confused:

you could always buy them a takeaway when it's your turn:lol:

I don't believe your cooking is that bad anyway :sneaky:

Dorothy Jan 11th 2011 3:45 am

Originally Posted by irishbloo (Post 9092122)

Aren't you married to a chef?

sasbear Jan 11th 2011 3:45 am

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 9092148)
you could always buy them a takeaway when it's your turn:lol:

Now that does sound like a plan :-)

I don't believe your cooking is that bad anyway :sneaky:

LOL I wish. I can cook 5 things ok - but you get sick of that - I know what I did wrong - the cooking time said 40 - 45 mins - in a pre-heated oven - I forgot the pre-heated that's all....

maggy Jan 11th 2011 7:22 am

Originally Posted by sasbear (Post 9092400)
LOL I wish. I can cook 5 things ok - but you get sick of that - I know what I did wrong - the cooking time said 40 - 45 mins - in a pre-heated oven - I forgot the pre-heated that's all....

Order lite n easy online and it gets delivered to your door lol.

Easy and have been thinking of doing it myself for ages as I work long hours and most of the food I buy gets binned as its out of date before i get around to using it.

Failing that then go on RSVP and look for someone who enjoys cooking:rofl:

Sorry hun could not help myself.

xxx