Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

So excited! 5 years ago who'd have thought?

So excited! 5 years ago who'd have thought?

Old Apr 28th 2011, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So excited! 5 years ago who'd have thought?

Originally Posted by hevs
OMG! You have a huge memory! She did and had to go to grade 6 grad in plaster, My son broke his nose and the week Matt got out of hospital his ankle (I think!) He was also found to have a Chiari malforamtion at the same time Matt was in so we got double dibbs on the brain surgeon....oh happy happy days its all coming flooding back now

But much better now, our finance on our house has just gone unconditional this morning. I just went to hand in my notice because of Matts longer working hours. My boss refuses to let me go and is letting me chose my hours AND we have an interview for my daughter to move to my sons school this arvo....
I only keep my memory for lovely people like yourseleves, what it always stand out about you was you held it together but you never ever complained & if that wasnt enough you came here & put request that everybody put a thank you message to all the nurses & doctors who helped your baby. during your darkest time you made time for others.
I take my hat to you & your family for staying strong together & wish all the very best for your futures.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 8:04 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
I'm sorry - who are you?
In yer case,the one that got away
Old Apr 28th 2011, 9:24 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
In yer case,the one that got away
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:21 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

great news all round and well deserved mate

Good things come to those who wait
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:32 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
I only keep my memory for lovely people like yourseleves, what it always stand out about you was you held it together but you never ever complained & if that wasnt enough you came here & put request that everybody put a thank you message to all the nurses & doctors who helped your baby. during your darkest time you made time for others.
I take my hat to you & your family for staying strong together & wish all the very best for your futures.
Enough already My heads never gonna fit on the pillow tonight otherwise

Thank you
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:53 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the best wishes guys. I don't think I would be overstating things when I say our time in Oz certainly has been eventful. I am really excited about the new job. I will be the training manager for an ERP software company. I'll be developing training tools, delivering training both onsite and across the web.

It was weird how quick it happened. I got the job in a jobmail that I had set up with Seek. I wrote a cover letter and sent my resume off. In half an hour I had the recruitment agency on the phone. I had an interview at the agency the next day. She rang me later and said they wanted to see me at 5.30 the next day. The interview went amazingly well (I've spent the last couple of years training people on how to do interviews )

I spoke to the recruiter the next day and she said the only concern was how my short term memory issues may effect me. I mithered about this all night and ended up getting up at 4.30 and wrote an email explaining how my compensation strategies made me more efficient.

I got an email on Monday saying they were sorry for not getting back to me sooner as they had been away and they had decided on Thursday to give me the job.

So back to the world of IT. I have loved my time in employment services but the challenge has gone now.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

A wonderful post, and so lovely to read. May the future be full of happiness for you all

Peter
Old Apr 28th 2011, 7:52 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Am soooo happy for you both and your family

This is wonderful news. Congratulations

Julie. x
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:19 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HUP
Thanks for the best wishes guys. I don't think I would be overstating things when I say our time in Oz certainly has been eventful. I am really excited about the new job. I will be the training manager for an ERP software company. I'll be developing training tools, delivering training both onsite and across the web.

It was weird how quick it happened. I got the job in a jobmail that I had set up with Seek. I wrote a cover letter and sent my resume off. In half an hour I had the recruitment agency on the phone. I had an interview at the agency the next day. She rang me later and said they wanted to see me at 5.30 the next day. The interview went amazingly well (I've spent the last couple of years training people on how to do interviews )

I spoke to the recruiter the next day and she said the only concern was how my short term memory issues may effect me. I mithered about this all night and ended up getting up at 4.30 and wrote an email explaining how my compensation strategies made me more efficient.

I got an email on Monday saying they were sorry for not getting back to me sooner as they had been away and they had decided on Thursday to give me the job.

So back to the world of IT. I have loved my time in employment services but the challenge has gone now.
awe ffs! does this mean were are gawna have to start reading your pish on here again? lol
some things in life are meant to be pal and if you look back to what things were like 5 years ago to what your life and family are now

well then, i think it was all meant to be!
some fathers never spend that much time with their kids due to work commitments so never really get a chance to know them.
what has happened has made you guys a stronger family and all the better for it.
you now look at life from another angle and i bet you thank someone for that
i doubt if your thankful for what you went through, but sometimes you must look back and think............ maybe it was meant to be to make me the person i am today

i for one am delighted on your now job because i have always kept tabs on how thing have gone the the BE royal family lol
so i have an idea
take the family down to the beach at the weekend
buy them all an ice cream
turn to hevs and shove it on her noes and say

Ha! i bet you thought i would have never been able to do that 5 years ago

and when she goes mental just turn and say

what? it easnt me, i dont remember doing that!

good luck pal and give the gang a hug fae me
Old Apr 28th 2011, 11:33 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
This is the beauty of BE,we chat,fight,fall out,piss each other off,be rude,have a laugh,have a cry,but when it boils down to one of us having a hard time,we are a cyber family and we care
So very true. I will never forget the support that we received from people on this site in our darkest hours.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 1:15 am
HUP
Brain Drained

Originally Posted by soapy©
awe ffs! does this mean were are gawna have to start reading your pish on here again?
Fraid so.

some things in life are meant to be pal and if you look back to what things were like 5 years ago to what your life and family are now
Its certainly been eventful

what has happened has made you guys a stronger family and all the better for it.
Definitly. We certainly have a different outlook on life and take nothing for granted.

take the family down to the beach at the weekend
buy them all an ice cream
turn to hevs and shove it on her noes and say

Ha! i bet you thought i would have never been able to do that 5 years ago

and when she goes mental just turn and say

what? it easnt me, i dont remember doing that!
Hmm I might give that one a miss.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 3:30 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

He values his life much more now Soapy
Old Apr 29th 2011, 9:16 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HUP
Fraid so.

Its certainly been eventful

Definitly. We certainly have a different outlook on life and take nothing for granted.

Hmm I might give that one a miss.
Ha!
Ya pussy lol
I mean it pal when i say that theres noone more deserving of a change in luck than you guys
You have worked hard for it too
Old Apr 29th 2011, 9:16 am
Master of verbal pish©

He values his life much more now Soapy
Lmao
Old Apr 30th 2011, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

perth4me is a name known to allperth4me is a name known to allperth4me is a name known to allperth4me is a name known to allperth4me is a name known to allperth4me is a name known to allperth4me is a name known to allperth4me is a name known to allperth4me is a name known to allperth4me is a name known to allperth4me is a name known to all

As all of the older posters know 5 years ago my hubby had rather invasive brain surgery to remove a huge colloid cyst that left him with a very screwed short term memory. It was so bad that he didnt recognize his house when he got home from 7 long death defying weeks in hospital!

At that time we were told that the possibility of him returning to work ever was slim. 3 years ago he got a part time job helping the unemployed return to work with basic computer skills. Very crap wages, but such a huge step and then he began to work full time, studied hard and against the odds got his cert 4 and began running training courses etc...

Today he has just got confirmation that the job he was interviewed for last week is now his!! He is back to pre brain surgery salary, pre brain surgery managerial IT training role, and more excitingly, pre brain surgery ambitions.

I just wanted to share as this has been a 5 year road, thats not often been pretty and more often than not immensely challenging for all of us. The coping/ compensation challenges have taken a long time for his healing brain to learn, but after the first year he just never gave up and just kept chipping away. I am so proud of my hubby at this moment in time I could burst
Wow just came back on for a quick look after a few yrs and its great to see How well you all have come through this .
You will remember possibly that i had a grade 4 brain tumor mid 07 , so we know what you have been through .
Funnily enough , i'm back to reality my self now and started working for my self this week .
Could not have gotten through it without the fantastic support of my wife Becky and family and friends ,you know who you are lol .

Steve .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.