Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

So excited! 5 years ago who'd have thought?

So excited! 5 years ago who'd have thought?

Old Apr 27th 2011, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So excited! 5 years ago who'd have thought?

That's fantastic Hevs. Will not be moaning about anything for a while - your husband's story is inspirational..........x
Old Apr 27th 2011, 8:26 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
As all of the older posters know 5 years ago my hubby had rather invasive brain surgery to remove a huge colloid cyst that left him with a very screwed short term memory. It was so bad that he didnt recognize his house when he got home from 7 long death defying weeks in hospital!

At that time we were told that the possibility of him returning to work ever was slim. 3 years ago he got a part time job helping the unemployed return to work with basic computer skills. Very crap wages, but such a huge step and then he began to work full time, studied hard and against the odds got his cert 4 and began running training courses etc...

Today he has just got confirmation that the job he was interviewed for last week is now his!! He is back to pre brain surgery salary, pre brain surgery managerial IT training role, and more excitingly, pre brain surgery ambitions.

I just wanted to share as this has been a 5 year road, thats not often been pretty and more often than not immensely challenging for all of us. The coping/ compensation challenges have taken a long time for his healing brain to learn, but after the first year he just never gave up and just kept chipping away. I am so proud of my hubby at this moment in time I could burst
Old Apr 27th 2011, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Fantastic news love, I have often said it and I am going to say it again because sometimes you guys don't realise it. Your family is an absolute inspiration and those who friggin whinge about the price of bananas should take a look at your posts over the past few years and realise just how lucky they are
You are sooooo right!
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:05 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

That's wonderful Hevs.
Best wishes for a happy future ahead.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:19 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Thats fantastic Hevs, and hows your wee boy doing
Thanks everyone

Margaret, He is not so wee anymore
Attached Thumbnails So excited! 5 years ago who'd have thought?-img_3794.jpg  
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:27 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: So excited! 5 years ago who'd have thought?

Originally Posted by northernbird
Your family is an absolute inspiration and those who friggin whinge about the price of bananas should take a look at your posts over the past few years and realise just how lucky they are
Well said! Whenever I think of hevs, I think of this:

Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:44 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

As all of the older posters know 5 years ago my hubby had rather invasive brain surgery to remove a huge colloid cyst that left him with a very screwed short term memory. It was so bad that he didnt recognize his house when he got home from 7 long death defying weeks in hospital!

At that time we were told that the possibility of him returning to work ever was slim. 3 years ago he got a part time job helping the unemployed return to work with basic computer skills. Very crap wages, but such a huge step and then he began to work full time, studied hard and against the odds got his cert 4 and began running training courses etc...

Today he has just got confirmation that the job he was interviewed for last week is now his!! He is back to pre brain surgery salary, pre brain surgery managerial IT training role, and more excitingly, pre brain surgery ambitions.

I just wanted to share as this has been a 5 year road, thats not often been pretty and more often than not immensely challenging for all of us. The coping/ compensation challenges have taken a long time for his healing brain to learn, but after the first year he just never gave up and just kept chipping away. I am so proud of my hubby at this moment in time I could burst
I'm so happy for you all
Old Apr 27th 2011, 10:10 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

It was so incredible and inspiring to read HUP's update a couple of months ago.. so to read your news is fantastic news.

Congratulations to all of you
Old Apr 27th 2011, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

How wonderful for both of you. There's nothing better than being happy.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 10:36 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

It really is fantastic news.

I just hope Hup now remembers not to allow you near DIY.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 10:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
It really is fantastic news.

I just hope Hup now remembers not to allow you near DIY.
She's firing up the chain saw and blow torch as we speak................
Old Apr 27th 2011, 10:43 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
She's firing up the chain saw and blow torch as we speak................
Just wait till May 31st
Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just wait till May 31st
Should we put the CFA on stand-by? Badge could be your hero

Seriously, thats fab news for him about the job, what a recovery
Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to Hup. You have every reason to be proud of him. And I hope he's as proud of himself for never giving up and accomplishing so much.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

No-one deserves good news as much as you guys do.

I remember only too well all the trauma and despair when Matt was sick and Flynn was born. It was one dreadful piece of news after another.

So it's really great to read this. Well done to all of you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.