Smoking Pot

Old Apr 7th 2011, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smoking Pot

What is the pot made of??? If it is stainless steel then a non-scratch wire pot scrubber is ideal after a long soak in hot soapy water. If enamel then don't use the above. There are some good cleaners available for those.
I'm sure Shannon Lush will have an eco-friendly way of cleaning the pot. Google her, as I don't know the web address.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 10:48 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Let us know how you go.

I also think microwaved rice is tastier, quicker and much easier than boiled. One cup rice, two cups cold water, cover and 14 minutes later, voila! (Fluff it and leave it stand covered for a couple of minutes. Perfect.)

Much better than burnt saucepans.
My OH uses a rice cooker but mostly for larger groups of people. She cooks fab food but gets easily distracted away from the kitchen so sad to say this isn't the first time we've had smouldering pots in the kitchen. I somehow have a mental image of having to deal with a blackened m/w oven so I'll opt out from passing your otherwise great idea onto her (but thanks all the same ). I saw a smaller rice cooker some weeks ago (at K-Mart?) - enough for a family of four so I might get one of those.

Originally Posted by Alfresco
You wouldn't want it back.

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
and there was me thinking you were about to divulge loadsa secrets about your hippy days.
Always been a bit of a hippy but of the short-haired variety. Would that disqualify me? But harking back to those days I can tell loads of goofed up stories, for sure

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
What is the pot made of??? If it is stainless steel then a non-scratch wire pot scrubber is ideal after a long soak in hot soapy water. If enamel then don't use the above. There are some good cleaners available for those.
I'm sure Shannon Lush will have an eco-friendly way of cleaning the pot. Google her, as I don't know the web address.
They're stainless steel (Judge) with copper bases. I've tried one of those scourer pads that have small "shards" of steel woven into them and it helps but it would take hours of work with those.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 10:51 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Try pouring salt all over it and leaving it over night.
I'm intrigued by this. You mean dry salt on it's own?
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I have a feeling it will involve stuffing a broom down a pair of pantyhose and cleaning with bicarb and then the burn marks will remarkably disappear.I notice how Miss Lush never explans if one should be wearing the pantyhose at the same time or not.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:12 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, (as it's been known to occur in our house too ) the only thing that works is constant soaking overnight with hot water and washing up liquid, then elbow grease in the morning, takes about 3 days if I remember right.

Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Leave it soaking in bicarb soda and vinegar and boiling water might take a few goes but it will work.

Paddy
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, (as it's been known to occur in our house too ) the only thing that works is constant soaking overnight with hot water and washing up liquid, then elbow grease in the morning, takes about 3 days if I remember right.

I normally put the pot on the stove to simmer to speed it up.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:35 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I normally put the pot on the stove to simmer to speed it up.

Trouble is with that, my hubby would come in drunk, pour it into a bowl and dip his bread into it!
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Trouble is with that, my hubby would come in drunk, pour it into a bowl and dip his bread into it!
Serve him right when he got a mouthful then
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

And tell you what lovely soup you have made.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by irishbloo
And tell you what lovely soup you have made.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

easty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant future

Try coca cola, that shit will clean anything

Old Apr 7th 2011, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by easty1976
Try coca cola, that shit will clean anything
You might be onto summit there pal.

Paulry???? You have an answer. Voila.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I'm intrigued by this. You mean dry salt on it's own?
Heaps and heaps of salt and a little water - my mum used to do it all the time - one of those old dear things that seems to work.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 12:29 pm
Banned

You might be onto summit there pal.

Paulry???? You have an answer. Voila.
Looks like a winner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.