Reload this Page >

Sky tv in Oz and football

Sky tv in Oz and football

Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Taniar is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Sky tv in Oz and football

G'day

Can any one tell me please whether you can watch English footy teams in Oz.

Son is obsessed with footy at mo and would be heart broken if we couldn;t watch them any more.

Also any one know if the kids collect footy cards/ stickers or enven Doctor Who ones?

Thanks
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:14 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky tv in Oz and football

Originally Posted by Taniar
G'day

Son is obsessed with footy at mo and would be heart broken if we couldn;t watch them any more.

Also any one know if the kids collect footy cards/ stickers or enven Doctor Who ones?

Thanks
I think they do show them on TV but most are on in the middle of the night
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:26 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

G'day

Thanks
I think you can forget about the stickers, but the Premier League is on Foxtel/Austar.. Live games are on late.. highlights in the early evening.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

G'day

Thanks

Hi,

You get more live games here than you do in the U.K and they range from 9.45pm to 05.30 am so you may need to set your video but do not worry as you will see heaps more here.

My knowledge of Doctor Who and footy cards is nil, sos can't help with that one

Tony

Last edited by Sue; Jan 7th 2007 at 4:03 pm. Reason: URL removed. Please do not post business urls in posts. They are allowed in signatures ONLY!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I think you can forget about the stickers, but the Premier League is on Foxtel/Austar.. Live games are on late.. highlights in the early evening.

yup, weve just got austar for my daughter who is an avid blades fan and usually stays up most of the night to catch the matches
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Fox Sports has an EPL preview show for 1 hour every Friday. They then show a live game that starts around midnight Saturday and 2 more in the early hours of Sunday morning. Extended highlights (1 hour per game) are then shown mid morning on Sunday. Midnight Sunday sees another live game and one more early Monday morning.

There is a 1 hour highlights show on Monday evening - showing brief highlights from all games. Any games that are shown midweek by SKY in the UK are usually also shown live out here - obviously early the next morning out here.

Fox also shows 1-2 games live from the CC Championship and have a 1 hour highlights show.

ESPN show live FA Cup games, live Champions League games and sometimes UEFA cup games. International matches are shown - usually only those played at weekends.

Spanish and Italian football can be found on ESPN, SBS and/or Eurosport.

And of course there is the wonderful A-League. Yawn.

All in all there are more games than you would ever see in the UK. Just make sure you have a video or Foxtel + to record the matches.

Good luck.