Reload this Page >

Singapore or Emirates??

Singapore or Emirates??

Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

cop3 will become famous soon enough
Question Singapore or Emirates??

Hi

We are just trying to decide who to fly with and just wondered if anyone has any experiences - good or bad of flying with either of these airlines. We are hoping to fly out sometime in Spetember to Melbourne.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sue
Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore or Emirates??

Originally Posted by cop3
Hi

We are just trying to decide who to fly with and just wondered if anyone has any experiences - good or bad of flying with either of these airlines. We are hoping to fly out sometime in Spetember to Melbourne.

Thanks

Sue

Singapore give you 40kgs baggage allowance on a one way flight with an unused PR visa. I don't think emirates do though.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks

Sue
In my opinion, Singapore. I've always done the UK trip with them, this last time I went Emirates and I didn't think they were as good. Reasons:

The TV system wasn't as good as Singapore (worth bearing in mind if you have kids). They played them at a certain time rather than being able to pause, rewind, watch when you want etc. For large chunks of time there was nothing on.

Planes seemed older with Emirates.

Food better with Singapore in my opinion and they also seem a bit more free and easy with the drinks trolley!!! ;-)

Didn't travel with kids this last time but I think both are very good with children.

Also, depending on where you are flying from/to, Emirates can have two stop overs where you have to get off the plane and go through security and all that palava again each time.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:04 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks

Sue
I've not flown Emirates but some friends of mine have and they lost the bags on both flights. Then again so have Qantas so maybe they are just cursed.

Always flown Singapore, loved the service and the kid-friendly attitude.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

here2learn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
I've not flown Emirates but some friends of mine have and they lost the bags on both flights. Then again so have Qantas so maybe they are just cursed.

Always flown Singapore, loved the service and the kid-friendly attitude.

Ditto - Singapore is best
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

The Moore Family will become famous soon enoughThe Moore Family will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Singapore or Emirates??

Originally Posted by Wendy
Singapore give you 40kgs baggage allowance on a one way flight with an unused PR visa. I don't think emirates do though.
Hi, we have just booked our flights with Emirates and they have allowed us 40kgs each with our PR visa.

Nicky
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:30 am
Just Joined

liverpool ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Moore Family
Hi, we have just booked our flights with Emirates and they have allowed us 40kgs each with our PR visa.

Nicky
hi we arrived in melbourne last week we used singapore airlines and they were great we had a 12hour stop off at singapore and booked into the airport hotel it was well worth booking into. we crashed out for a couble of hours then had dinner and looked around the airport it was good fun. we got 40kg allowance so we took 6suitcases between us. i would defo reccomend them. were about in melbourne are you staying, we live in mordialloc and really like it sylvia
Old Jun 5th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore!!!!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

We've flown with both. For the last few flights we've been using Emirates as they have worked out cheaper. Also found the flight / layover times quicker (flying to Perth).

The entertainment system on Emirates flights is pretty good. Large library of films etc. that you can pause / rewind. We flew with our young daughter this last time and they were very helpful.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

KennyMilne is an unknown quantity at this point

Has to be Emirates! Great planes, excellent entertainment and good staff, unlike singapore however I have only used each of them once - so could have been a good day for emirates crew or a bad one for Singapore!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:50 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

We are trying to decide between thes two also.......

Singapore- allow extra baggage allowance and stopover but dont fly from Birmingham

Emirates- allow extra baggage allowance but not with a stopover but do fly from Birmingham

Decisions, Decisions!!!!!

C x
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:46 pm
skye

Eva Air - £932 business class with 30kg allowance!!!

Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:56 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skye
Weve toyed with this one too but dont know enough about eva air to risk near on £4000 on (3 Adults 1 Child-oneway)......................

Are you going to try them?? C x
Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:00 pm
skye

yes, they seem to have a good reputation - do a search on here..... asda travel are the cheapest - two stops for one hour which is acceptable.... anything for a bed!

Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:05 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

yes, they seem to have a good reputation - do a search on here..... asda travel are the cheapest - two stops for one hour which is acceptable.... anything for a bed!
from Heathrow i presume ?? wishful thinking that it would be Bham!!! When are you off? C x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.