Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Simpson evolution 904 oven

Simpson evolution 904 oven

Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Simpson evolution 904 oven

Buy yourself a Halogen tabletop oven and use that instead.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Because our rental oven should have carried a health warning I brought a counter top oven... Under $150 .... Fan forced, with grill ...... Cooked for six of us along with a slow cooker for 18 months before we brought our own house and our own oven....

Nothing I couldnt serve up, sunday roasts, the lot.... Just needed a bit of planning thats all....
Old Sep 14th 2011, 8:38 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kizbut1
Thanks everyone for the tips, I'll put the foil in and try the dish of water and the 20 degrees lower. In reply to a couple of things suggested

We've already put it in writing that the oven isn't working properly to the agents, the first guy came out and laughed at it and said 'it wont work properly, these are useless, it needs replacing', according to the agent HIS report said the oven was working. The 2nd guy (a Scouser, so I thought great, heres a bloke who will call a spade a spade), spent about 1/2 a hour here, scratching his head, was amazed that there was no oven bottom, said if it was his rental he would change it and then suggested that we could try changing the door seal because it was perished. The agents said that HIS report came back that the oven was fine too. I dont think we can ask for a copy of the reports cos we didn't pay to have them done. I'm seriously considering getting my own guy in to fix it and not telling them. This has been going on for 6 weeks now and when a report is sent in to the agents they dont even bother getting in touch with us. My OH told them he thought that was very unprofessional but all she said was 'I've done all I'm required to do' which obviously didn't involve telling us!

I really dont want to be a tenant from hell, all I'm asking for is a reliable oven so I can bake cakes for my kids.

We bought the barbie partly for His Nibs but partly so I could at least cook a roast. Luckily I do have a combi oven, but its not big enough to cook meals for 4 people in (its an old one with a turntable so all tins have to be small n square, or round)

Guess I'm just going to have to camp out by the oven when its on and hope I catch food before it burns, the house stank of scorched food this morning.

Thanks again , 9 months to go before we can move...
Sounds like in the future you should be recording what the tradesmen says. Then when the agent comes back with all is ok, let them listen to what he said to you.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

the countertops are something I'm going to look into, the halogen one sounds interesting. I used to have a halogen hob and really got on with that. I never realised how much I used to use my oven till I cant
Old Sep 24th 2011, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

flangalistic is an unknown quantity at this point

the countertops are something I'm going to look into, the halogen one sounds interesting. I used to have a halogen hob and really got on with that. I never realised how much I used to use my oven till I cant
Hi All.
I have recently moved in to a house which has one of these dreaded Simpson ovens. Unfortunately all the numbers have rubbed off the temperature dial. Could someone give me some idea of where the temperatures are eg the lowest temp, 150, 180 and the highest. Thanks.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Hi,

Have PM'd you

Kiz

Originally Posted by flangalistic
Hi All.
I have recently moved in to a house which has one of these dreaded Simpson ovens. Unfortunately all the numbers have rubbed off the temperature dial. Could someone give me some idea of where the temperatures are eg the lowest temp, 150, 180 and the highest. Thanks.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Have PM'd you

Kiz
Thanks, I can't seem to view it until i have 3 posts.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Have PM'd you

Kiz
Post no 3...