Wikiposts

Sick - and a rant

Old Jun 23rd 2006, 4:28 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Sick - and a rant

OK, I've had a shocking headache since Tuesday which just would not budge. Then, this morning when I tried to get up, I nearly fell over. I was totally dizzy and feeling like I was about to spew Almost fell down the stairs and collapsed onto the sofa. OH was fortuately able to take the morning off work so he called the Dr and got me an emergency appointment (while I was throwing up in the toilet ).

So, Dr says I have labyrinthitis - and no, it's not a fear of mazes It's an inner ear type infection which caused headache, dizzyness and sickness. He prescribed me something to reduce the sickness (must send some to Rooksie ) and told me I "should" be ok tomorrow. Thankfully, the tablets helped as OH had to go to work this afternoon and leave me with the kids.

And where were all our parents who keep telling us we'll never cope without them in times like this once we're in Oz??? On holiday - both sets. Why is it that EVERY time there's a real need (not just a night out) for a babysitter they've all buggered off on holiday or don't want to come near "in case they catch it". I am going to insist that for the remainder of our time in the UK, my parents and the inlaws consult with each other and DO NOT go on holiday at the same time!!!!!!

Been a crappy day but it's proved oce again - we'll be fine on our own in Oz - trying desperately to be a half full glass type these days

Gill
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 4:57 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sick - and a rant

Originally Posted by herrchook
OK, I've had a shocking headache since Tuesday which just would not budge. Then, this morning when I tried to get up, I nearly fell over. I was totally dizzy and feeling like I was about to spew Almost fell down the stairs and collapsed onto the sofa. OH was fortuately able to take the morning off work so he called the Dr and got me an emergency appointment (while I was throwing up in the toilet ).

So, Dr says I have labyrinthitis - and no, it's not a fear of mazes It's an inner ear type infection which caused headache, dizzyness and sickness. He prescribed me something to reduce the sickness (must send some to Rooksie ) and told me I "should" be ok tomorrow. Thankfully, the tablets helped as OH had to go to work this afternoon and leave me with the kids.

And where were all our parents who keep telling us we'll never cope without them in times like this once we're in Oz??? On holiday - both sets. Why is it that EVERY time there's a real need (not just a night out) for a babysitter they've all buggered off on holiday or don't want to come near "in case they catch it". I am going to insist that for the remainder of our time in the UK, my parents and the inlaws consult with each other and DO NOT go on holiday at the same time!!!!!!

Been a crappy day but it's proved oce again - we'll be fine on our own in Oz - trying desperately to be a half full glass type these days

Gill

Ive had that last year, nasty it is as well.

If it doesnt clear up, I have some exercises that help restore the balance in your ears if you are interested.

PM me if you are.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 5:34 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Gill
You have my complete sympathy with that, my mother in law had that last year and she was very very poorly, for a lady that honestly is NEVER ill it really knocked her for 6. The doctor that came out to see her said it would take up to 6 months for her to feel completely right but she'd feel a lot better after 2 weeks. Which she did

He said it was probably due to a cold that she'd had earlier and it hadn't cleared properly and caused this - he told her to make sure in future she has a good steam over a bowl of hot water to ensure she clears her head properly.

Hope you feel better very soon

Last edited by Clippy; Jun 23rd 2006 at 6:17 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 5:41 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you feel better soon Gill - sounds like a right bastard of a virus.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 6:01 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Never mind the sympathy, are u still going to make it tomorrow

Only joking Gill , hope you get better quickly, take care fully understand if you don't make it, catch ya at the next one

Last edited by Margaret2; Jun 23rd 2006 at 6:08 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 6:26 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Never mind the sympathy, are u still going to make it tomorrow

Only joking Gill , hope you get better quickly, take care fully understand if you don't make it, catch ya at the next one
It's SUNDAY Margaret

Don't worry, I'll be doing my utmost to be there for the meet don't you worry, I've just got to meet this sister of yours to see if she's as mad as you

Gill
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 6:31 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Ive had that last year, nasty it is as well.

If it doesnt clear up, I have some exercises that help restore the balance in your ears if you are interested.

PM me if you are.
Cheers Sam, have pm'd you.

Gill
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 6:32 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Clippies
You have my complete sympathy with that, my mother in law had that last year and she was very very poorly, for a lady that honestly is NEVER ill it really knocked her for 6. The doctor that came out to see her said it would take up to 6 months for her to feel completely right but she'd feel a lot better after 2 weeks. Which she did

He said it was probably due to a cold that she'd had earlier and it hadn't cleared properly and caused this - he told her to make sure in future she has a good steam over a bowl of hot water to ensure she clears her head properly.

Hope you feel better very soon
OMG Clippies, did it really take 6 months for her to recover - :scared: The sickness pills have helped loads but I'm absolutely knackered tonight. Early to bed (which is a bummer as I wanted to stay up and scare myself silly watching Most Haunted Live)
Gill
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 6:33 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Hutch
Hope you feel better soon Gill - sounds like a right bastard of a virus.
cheers Hutch - not pleasant at all.

Gill
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 6:40 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Clippies, did it really take 6 months for her to recover - :scared: The sickness pills have helped loads but I'm absolutely knackered tonight. Early to bed (which is a bummer as I wanted to stay up and scare myself silly watching Most Haunted Live)
Gill
She was really poorly with it, she didn't get out of bed for the first week - and trust me she's one hard woman to keep still! So maybe you have a milder case because even with the tablets she couldn't stand without feeling like she was going to fall over. Also, it was a day before I knew she was ill and they don't do doctors so one wasn't called until I found out and got one round for her! So hopefully you've caught it early.

I'd say it took her a month or two to feel completely right again though.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 7:49 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Clippies
She was really poorly with it, she didn't get out of bed for the first week - and trust me she's one hard woman to keep still! So maybe you have a milder case because even with the tablets she couldn't stand without feeling like she was going to fall over. Also, it was a day before I knew she was ill and they don't do doctors so one wasn't called until I found out and got one round for her! So hopefully you've caught it early.

I'd say it took her a month or two to feel completely right again though.
I definately only have it mildly (thank goodness). I felt so scared by it this morning, I can't imagine how bad it would have been if it had been worse. Off to bed early tonight and hopefully I'll feel better in the next day or so. Got the Scottish Meet this weekend so I'm on a mission.

Gill
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 7:51 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I definately only have it mildly (thank goodness). I felt so scared by it this morning, I can't imagine how bad it would have been if it had been worse. Off to bed early tonight and hopefully I'll feel better in the next day or so. Got the Scottish Meet this weekend so I'm on a mission.

Gill

Gill, I dont mean to sound like a killjoy, but if you are going to go to the meet, it is really important you dont drink, and im serious. Dont do anything that will make your balance worse than what it is, its not worth it.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 7:53 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Gill, I dont mean to sound like a killjoy, but if you are going to go to the meet, it is really important you dont drink, and im serious. Dont do anything that will make your balance worse than what it is, its not worth it.
Don't worry, I'll be on the OJ all weekend I'd rather be sober than go through this again. I actually said to OH this morning that I feel like I'm drunk!

Gill
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 10:10 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Awww Gill, sending some get well K.....

Cheers

Ginny x
Old Jun 24th 2006, 8:58 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Stitch
Awww Gill, sending some get well K.....

Cheers

Ginny x
Thanks Ginny, am feeling a bit better today so we decided to go to the family BBQ in Glasgow. This might be the last one we get to for a long time (hopefully) so we reallt didn't want to miss it. Stuck to Schloer all afternoon Sam, promise.

Sitting down with a nice cuppa to watch Most Haunted Live now then off the the meet in the morning.