Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Showers at Sigapore Airport

Showers at Sigapore Airport

Old Jun 11th 2010, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice
Default Showers at Sigapore Airport

Hi

Not sure if i have posted this in the right place? but here goes...
My children and i will be leaving the UK in 2 weeks and we are flying to Adelaide via Singapore. I just wanted to know if anyone has used the showers at Singapore Airport?
If so, would you say there were plenty of showers available or would it be best to book a room.
Are the showers in an actual room? or are they in a shower block? Is there room for your baggage?
Did they have hairdrying facilitys? I would also have hair straightners, is there somewhere for me to plug them in? do they provide adapters for the plug sockets? if not should i buy one in the UK or are they readily available in the airport?
Sorry for all the questions! I've looked at the website but i think i would have to ring to get all my questions above answered! so i thought i would put a post on here first.

Many Thanks
Lisa xx
Old Jun 11th 2010, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Showers at Sigapore Airport

We have used the showers a few times, you can just pay for the showers or add in the lounge facility or a room.

The showers are in a separate block and there is enough room to take your hand luggage in. They provide soap and towels and hairdryers couldn't say about the sockets though (although I think they are 3 pin in Singapore anyway - they are in Malaysia and other places around).

We took baby toiletries, undies and fresh shirts in our hand luggage it felt marvelous afterwards and help to stave off the jetlag!!

There is also a butterfly garden that the kids will love - the airport itself is beautiful with orchids and indoor gardens and free wi-fi too. (eat your heart out Heathrow).
Old Jun 11th 2010, 12:07 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Are you going into Terminal 3? The airside showers are in the Ambassador Lounge next to the Transit Hotel, cost just under S$9. The rooms are not huge but you can take luggage in.

The provided hairdryers outside the shower rooms themselves. Singapore sockets and plugs are the same as UK so no adaptors needed.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sunworshipper
Hi

Not sure if i have posted this in the right place? but here goes...
My children and i will be leaving the UK in 2 weeks and we are flying to Adelaide via Singapore. I just wanted to know if anyone has used the showers at Singapore Airport?
If so, would you say there were plenty of showers available or would it be best to book a room.
Are the showers in an actual room? or are they in a shower block? Is there room for your baggage?
Did they have hairdrying facilitys? I would also have hair straightners, is there somewhere for me to plug them in? do they provide adapters for the plug sockets? if not should i buy one in the UK or are they readily available in the airport?
Sorry for all the questions! I've looked at the website but i think i would have to ring to get all my questions above answered! so i thought i would put a post on here first.

Many Thanks
Lisa xx
Hi Lisa,

I am coming back to Australia via Dubai & Singapore this weekend, having spent the past 9mths in Mogadishu, Somalia and prior to that, a year in the South of Sudan.

Just wondering why you are questioning if there are showers available in Singapore and as to whether there are hairdrying facilities?

What sort of things are REALLY IMPORTANT in your life, and what things do you find to be REALLY PATHETIC?
Old Jun 11th 2010, 9:49 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JR230898
Hi Lisa,

I am coming back to Australia via Dubai & Singapore this weekend, having spent the past 9mths in Mogadishu, Somalia and prior to that, a year in the South of Sudan.

Just wondering why you are questioning if there are showers available in Singapore and as to whether there are hairdrying facilities?

What sort of things are REALLY IMPORTANT in your life, and what things do you find to be REALLY PATHETIC?
And who are you to judge mate

She's not saying it's important shes just asking a normal everyday question to make her travelling easier. What's your problem mate
Old Jun 11th 2010, 10:19 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

edited due to personal insults

Last edited by sonlymewalter; Jun 11th 2010 at 10:42 pm. Reason: cut it out - keep personal insults off here
Old Jun 11th 2010, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Edited due to personal insults

Last edited by sonlymewalter; Jun 11th 2010 at 10:44 pm. Reason: Cut it out - keep personal insults off here
Old Jun 11th 2010, 10:41 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by sonlymewalter; Jun 11th 2010 at 10:43 pm. Reason: Cut it out - Keep pesonal insults off here
Old Jun 11th 2010, 10:41 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Please cut out the insults. It aint big and it aint funny

The OP was asking a sensible and civil question and this is the forum to do it. If you can't add to helping the OP then buggar off the thread.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Bernie Boy, thanks for the recognition and yes, I have spent time on my hands and knees..except...I was clearing mines.

Why did you associate 'gay and Irish' with me being homophobic? I was referring to you being 'happy and Irish'....enjoy your AC wherever you may be.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 10:53 pm

Bernie Boy, thanks for the recognition and yes, I have spent time on my hands and knees..except...I was clearing mines.

Why did you associate 'gay and Irish' with me being homophobic? I was referring to you being 'happy and Irish'....enjoy your AC wherever you may be.
Drop it buddy
Old Jun 11th 2010, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

Hi Lisa,

OMG!!! what's all that about??????
Thanks to everyone who has posted useful replys, it's been a big help so thanks again.

I can't believe the horrible reply??? Ive not seen my husband since march and i would like to try and look my best when i land in Adelaide so that's why i was asking questions about the showers. I also will have 3 children with me and 2 of them have asked about taking a shower. You obviously don't care about personal hygiene and looking your best............. i hope i don't have to sit anywhere near someone like you on my flight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive also had a private msg from someone inviting me to come to their house in Singapore to take a shower??????????? it's all very strange??
Old Jun 11th 2010, 11:47 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

OP - you don't need to justify your reasons. It's a long trip and we all feel better after a shower. There are Aunties in the Lounge, ladies who clean the showers between use and direct you to them, encourage you to take a drink (because it's free, lah ) and I'm sure will help you with kids and luggage. They don't even expect tipping because it's not the culture there, but up to you of course.

JR230898 - get over yourself. We all know what you do - jesus, you tell us often enough - but until today I thought you might do it for your soul, not for hero-worship. Which is just as well, 'cos you just lost any respect I had for you.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 6:43 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Are you going into Terminal 3? The airside showers are in the Ambassador Lounge next to the Transit Hotel, cost just under S$9. The rooms are not huge but you can take luggage in.

The provided hairdryers outside the shower rooms themselves. Singapore sockets and plugs are the same as UK so no adaptors needed.
That's good to know. I've only got 3 hours between connecting flights so thought I would like to shower and change before the second leg of my journey. Do you know if they'll take AUD or will I need to exchange some cash?
Old Jun 12th 2010, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
That's good to know. I've only got 3 hours between connecting flights so thought I would like to shower and change before the second leg of my journey. Do you know if they'll take AUD or will I need to exchange some cash?
Last time we travlled through Singapore they took all the major currencies, i.e. AUD will be fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.