Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Should we bring our trailer tent?

Should we bring our trailer tent?

Old May 3rd 2008, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

hopeful_expats will become famous soon enough
Default Should we bring our trailer tent?

We have a conway coniston trailer tent. It is in good condition but we are unlikely to get much for it if we put it on ebay.

Should we bring it?

Can you buy the equivalent over in Oz and do they differ from british ones i.e can snakes / spiders get in them etc

Thanks
Old May 3rd 2008, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice
Default Re: Should we bring our trailer tent?

No idea what your trailer tent looks like. There are a huge selection of camper trailers out here for everyones needs so I wouldnt bother bringing one over with you. I am sure that customs will make you get it sprayed and fumigated at some astronomical price.

Snakes and spiders will get into anything so a trailer tent will offer no protection. The best thing about snakes, they dont like us and we dont like them so the snakes normally keep away from people.

Barney
Old May 4th 2008, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by POW148
No idea what your trailer tent looks like. There are a huge selection of camper trailers out here for everyones needs so I wouldnt bother bringing one over with you. I am sure that customs will make you get it sprayed and fumigated at some astronomical price.

Snakes and spiders will get into anything so a trailer tent will offer no protection. The best thing about snakes, they dont like us and we dont like them so the snakes normally keep away from people.

Barney
Deff clean and bring it, it will be great for those quickie holidays.
Old May 5th 2008, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

hmmm

Can't afford to have it fumigated. Will ask the removal men what they think

it's odd ! the trailer tents in Oz seem to come without a trailer !
Old May 6th 2008, 12:00 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hopeful_expats
hmmm

Can't afford to have it fumigated. Will ask the removal men what they think

it's odd ! the trailer tents in Oz seem to come without a trailer !
Bring it. You can always sell it here.
Old May 6th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

But it is huge and will take up valuable container space if we aren't going to use it once there
Old May 6th 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

But it is huge and will take up valuable container space if we aren't going to use it once there
Why did you bother to ask "should we bring our trailer tent" when you had the answer all along.

Barney
Old May 6th 2008, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Barney, I think you have misunderstood me.

I perhaps should have said what is the point in taking it to Australia if we were to sell it there!

My whole point of the post was to find out if it was feasable to use it there
Old May 6th 2008, 10:16 pm

I perhaps should have said what is the point in taking it to Australia if we were to sell it there!

Of course you'll use it here! Camping's a real lifestyle choice here. Loads of people do it.

They have them here, if you like camping, it's precious to you, bring it. Or find out how much they are to replace out here.... and make your choice based on that.
Old May 6th 2008, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

boredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really nice

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Of course you'll use it here! Camping's a real lifestyle choice here. Loads of people do it.

They have them here, if you like camping, it's precious to you, bring it. Or find out how much they are to replace out here.... and make your choice based on that.
It's a heavy, but much love thing............it's more of a family bereavement x
Old May 6th 2008, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by boredbrit
It's a heavy, but much love thing............it's more of a family bereavement x
Perhaps a burial at sea then...

It's not the weight that matters when shipping... just the size.

http://www.universalcanvas.com.au/trailer_tent.htm

http://www.jayco.com.au/rvs_camper.html

http://www.outbackcampers.com.au/

How much do you love it?
Old May 7th 2008, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for those links.

They don't seem to make English style trailer tents.

Am leaning towards taking it but will see what removal firm says about customs and cleaning etc when he comes to give us a quote
Old May 7th 2008, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

The outdoor experience is a whole way of life out here. If you do bring the tent, you will definately use it. I am doing a round Australia Trip with my brother next year and there is so much information out there on the www on places to see, roads to travel ect ect, I am begining to think I will need to take 6 months off and not the 4 months that I am planning on.

Barney
Old May 7th 2008, 8:16 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Theres OFFROAD trailers, and OFFROAD trailers.

If you are concerned that your coniston keeps snakes out... pmsl then you have nothing to worry about.

If you aint gonna fumigate and clean it to within an inch of its life, be prepared to spend a fortune when it hits customs.

Jayco are one of the most respected trailer/tent/combi on/off road ppl here.

Check them out.

Ste
Old May 7th 2008, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Theres OFFROAD trailers, and OFFROAD trailers.

If you are concerned that your coniston keeps snakes out... pmsl then you have nothing to worry about.
I'm concerned that it won't keep snakes out

I don't really know why it's a laughing matter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.